[OFFICIAL] European Vanguard Open-Tournament [FINISHED]

All tournament-related things go here. ☆-(ノ゚Д゚)八(゚Д゚ )ノ
- Accelevi
Forum rules
Forget-me-not.

Re: [OFFICIAL] European Vanguard Open-Tournament [FINISHED]

Postby Hilo » Tue Dec 24, 2013 5:26 am

Accelevi wrote:Wouldn't even managing something like that cause a huge amount of lag?

I think that depends on your computer. The program should be fine as long as your computer can handle it.
Hilo

Postby Arise7 » Tue Dec 24, 2013 8:35 pm

I think for next tournament some modifications can be made to the rules to improve overall quality.

-For Eren, he should be allowed but should only be able to transform once per 5 waves. That way, people won't be able to abuse his special by waiting in trees for the cooldown to recharge.

-For squad play, a draft pick mode should be implemented. Meaning everyone would have to use different characters. it will make the next tourney have more variety instead of just seeing an army of jeans every match.

-Pretty much everything should be done on hard mode. It's annoying when skill players go on normal mode just to show off and it makes the matches take forever.
Arise7

Postby Empath » Tue Dec 24, 2013 8:45 pm

Arise7 wrote:I think for next tournament some modifications can be made to the rules to improve overall quality.

-For Eren, he should be allowed but should only be able to transform once per 5 waves. That way, people won't be able to abuse his special by waiting in trees for the cooldown to recharge.

-For squad play, a draft pick mode should be implemented. Meaning everyone would have to use different characters. it will make the next tourney have more variety instead of just seeing an army of jeans every match.

-Pretty much everything should be done on hard mode. It's annoying when skill players go on normal mode just to show off and it makes the matches take forever.

Even if Eren was only allowed to do it every five waves, it's still essentially a free wave clear every five waves. His only downside is his lack of gas, which doesn't matter unless _maybe_ in a Clocked mode. It's still too strong.

A draft mode wouldn't make any sense, as there are no 'counter picks' or picking logic. That being said perhaps for future events teams wont be allowed duplicate characters.

I agree about normal mode, it was definitely the slowest part of the entire tourney with (at least for me) nothing to commentate because everything is so much easier.
Empath

Postby TataBlitz » Tue Dec 24, 2013 9:30 pm

were we the only team in the tourney with all unique characters? But yea, a variety limit on teams would be interesting to see. I loved Empath's commentary on the OMFG an armin is here.
TataBlitz

Postby Xedma » Tue Dec 24, 2013 11:56 pm

Empath wrote:
Arise7 wrote:I think for next tournament some modifications can be made to the rules to improve overall quality.

Even if Eren was only allowed to do it every five waves, it's still essentially a free wave clear every five waves. His only downside is his lack of gas, which doesn't matter unless _maybe_ in a Clocked mode. It's still too strong.

A draft mode wouldn't make any sense, as there are no 'counter picks' or picking logic. That being said perhaps for future events teams wont be allowed duplicate characters.

I agree about normal mode, it was definitely the slowest part of the entire tourney with (at least for me) nothing to commentate because everything is so much easier.

I agree that we should scrap Normal Mode. How about adding in Abnormal Mode instead? I would love to see people do Survival and Clocked in Abnormal.

Could we use Eren as a mode of transport when we're out of gas? I now mainly use Sasha for this, but Eren gets there much faster.
Xedma

Postby Accelevi » Wed Dec 25, 2013 12:58 am

I'm not for/against Eren.
Only one character being allowed could go either way, but it would be nice. The monotony is blegh. If people really want to argue it out, just do some number guess thing.
Normal mode is pointless. Sure, it's newbie friendly, but this is meant to be to see how can be the best, meaning that it will more or less be good players. Sure, newbies or others less skilled can have their own tournament, or just practice.

Sig courtesy of Zarythe <3

C A D E A U X
Accelevi
« Administrator »

Postby Khally » Wed Feb 05, 2014 12:46 am

There will be interesting news soon...

Locking this thread as soon as it's released ;)
Khally

Postby Ghosthunter » Wed Feb 05, 2014 1:54 am

Khally wrote:There will be interesting news soon...

Yay for Winter AoT Olympics. :D
Ghosthunter

Postby Meek » Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:10 am

Ghosthunter wrote:
Khally wrote:There will be interesting news soon...

Yay for Winter AoT Olympics. :D

Another EVOT!! can't wait for this one :3
Meek

Postby Accelevi » Tue Feb 11, 2014 7:36 pm

ooh yay another evot

Sig courtesy of Zarythe <3

C A D E A U X
Accelevi
« Administrator »

Previous

Return to Tournaments