ArchAngel's Cup (Reg OPEN AGAIN :D)

All tournament-related things go here. ☆-(ノ゚Д゚)八(゚Д゚ )ノ
- Accelevi
Forum rules
Forget-me-not.

Re: ArchAngel's Cup (Open for registration)Recorded for Yout

Postby Hilo » Tue Dec 24, 2013 4:49 am

You shouldn't take it in offense. Xedma just means there's some obligations they met as tournament organizers that you haven't yet.
As participants, we just need a set deadline and a list of all the required information. We have our own schedules IRL, and to add to that we have to make plans with other people across the world. It takes time for us to get organized and make sure we can attend the tournament.

If it's kept as vague as within a few weeks, nobody can guarantee you anything. In the worst case scenario, you have no participants on the day of the meet.
Hilo

Postby Xedma » Tue Dec 24, 2013 4:52 am

Hilo wrote:You shouldn't take it in offense. Xedma just means there's some obligations they met as tournament organizers that you haven't yet.
As participants, we just need a set deadline and a list of all the required information. We have our own schedules IRL, and to add to that we have to make plans with other people across the world. It takes time for us to get organized and make sure we can attend the tournament.

If it's kept as vague as within a few weeks, nobody can guarantee you anything. In the worst case scenario, you have no participants on the day of the meet.

Thank you for putting it this way. I didn't mean offense, and I agree completely with what Hilo said.
Xedma

Postby Xyro » Tue Dec 24, 2013 2:57 pm

Ok, but how am I to start the tournament when all the teams haven't gotten together. Also, what should I put on the orig. post
Xyro

Postby KID » Tue Dec 24, 2013 3:32 pm

xyro its not late to change a few member in the squad ? yes or no thanks
KID

Postby darkboy » Tue Dec 24, 2013 5:05 pm

I think you set a deadline for when you can join, then have date for the meet make it during chirstmas break please, can never play during the school year, thats why i couldnt play in khallys.
darkboy

Postby Hilo » Tue Dec 24, 2013 11:22 pm

Xyro wrote:Ok, but how am I to start the tournament when all the teams haven't gotten together. Also, what should I put on the orig. post

That's the thing, we can't get together if we don't know when the tournament starts. We can't just be at your beck and call, we have our own schedules. If you have the dates ready, we'll be ready. If we can't make the times we can also message you about it ahead of time so you can work around that as well. So if one team can't make the first few hours of one day, you could push them back so they could participate later on in that day or even the next day.

Please set an end of registration date. Even if you think that's just within a general scope, that's fine. Like December 31st or something.

Then give us a date of events. Are you breaking up the rounds or are we going to do it all in one day? One day would be extremely hard if you have a large turnout. Since you have to consider some of us have an 8 hour difference between each other, and the rounds my take a considerably long time for each team. Generally the longest you'd get for a survival match is 30 minutes for one team. That's making it all the way to Wave 20(with one person, teams will probably be quicker). In the EVOT we went over our arranged time each day by a few hours. In total it was generally 5~ hours each day.

So if we are going to have it spread out over a few days, you have to list of; what events occur on which day, the an estimate of which days the tournament will occur on, and an estimate of the time frame for each day.

For example
First Round and Second Round January 3rd 1PM PST-6PM PST.

In my opinion, it's best to over-estimate your time so you can guarantee yourself dedication to that time. If you end early, that's great. Then you have some free time. But if you had other things planned and the tournament goes longer then expected, things get a little complicated.
Hilo

Postby Accelevi » Wed Dec 25, 2013 1:00 am

No offense, but Khally was rather well known, and to start up the large tournament like that was sort of a groundbreaker in a way, so this could have some problems working out as well.

Sig courtesy of Zarythe <3

C A D E A U X
Accelevi
« Administrator »

Postby geassguy9 » Wed Dec 25, 2013 6:54 am

Also, look at it this way. You already have a pretty decent roster, and you can expect to have at least one more squad that's guaranteed to apply once you set up the dates.

So its not like you have to worry about setting up a deadline before everyone gets the chance to jump on board since you'll likely be getting last minute submissions anyway.
geassguy9

Postby Xyro » Wed Dec 25, 2013 5:29 pm

KID wrote:xyro its not late to change a few member in the squad ? yes or no thanks

No, its not too late

Accelevi wrote:No offense, but Khally was rather well known, and to start up the large tournament like that was sort of a groundbreaker in a way, so this could have some problems working out as well.

I know im not that well known

Also, deadline will be up today
Xyro

Postby KID » Wed Dec 25, 2013 5:35 pm

4-Heaven's Hope , team 1
1.kid-mikasa
2.Fleuret-petra
3.???-jean
4.jin-levi
5.giro-armin

5-heaven's hope , team 2