Eternal Wings World Cup [Registration is now open] *7/24/14*

All tournament-related things go here. ☆-(ノ゚Д゚)八(゚Д゚ )ノ
- Accelevi
Forum rules
Forget-me-not.

Re: Eternal Wings World Cup [Registration is now open] *7/10

Postby xanox100 » Fri Jul 11, 2014 8:01 pm

If its server information you're worried about then please don't. I have a wide variety of server hosts at my disposal including TS, Tunngle, Mumble, Hamachi, and Skype for communication. We might be getting new updates before the actual tourney date so things may change as far as game modes and how servers are run. Also INNTI can you look into bringing back LAN for this? I'd love to use private networks instead of public servers due to some people having not so good internet and having the servers reset everytime the DC.
xanox100

Postby Innti » Sun Jul 13, 2014 12:09 am

I'll check if it's possible for me to try to redirect non modded clients on lan. I don't have control of main game but I'll see what I can do.
Innti

Postby xanox100 » Sun Jul 13, 2014 6:44 am

Thanks so much innti, I appreciate it. ;)
xanox100

Postby Qazxswe77 » Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:10 am

Can there be less than 8, because the biggest team I think I can form is at least 4-6
Qazxswe77

Postby xanox100 » Tue Jul 15, 2014 8:20 pm

Unfortunately I do not change rules based off of one person's opinion. May want to find more people if you want to join.
xanox100

Postby xRivailution » Tue Jul 15, 2014 8:55 pm

I had a few changes in the roster, can you please change it?
Here is the new Roster:
xRivailution
Levichacha
Legulus
Azraels
MrPhantom
Eglute
Krowz.
Kiri
xRivailution

Postby Qazxswe77 » Wed Jul 16, 2014 7:18 am

Okay Xanox I'll try to find more people
Qazxswe77

Postby Mryaccer » Wed Jul 16, 2014 4:38 pm

Just sorting things up for GB~
I am out of the squad.
Kitkat, Feo and Zeb are joining
Mryaccer

Postby Raiden » Sun Jul 20, 2014 6:06 pm

I'll offer my feedback since you asked for it, this is solely based on my opinion. Please consider the following,

- There are too many players, 4-5 per team is enough. Having 8 players is an overkill, and may cause lag issues and will probably give the player titans an advantage in the City map as they can just hug each other in area and camp there.
- I don't find Trost and Colossal necessary. They seem more like something you just decided to add randomly without any thought.
- I believe the Annie challenge should be done on Annie I and hard difficulty, which will probably be the most balanced way to fight her in a tournament.
- In my opinion Akina is the best game mode in the tournament, but the participants need to be monitored heavily. While the the box at the start was fixed to make it so players cant jump out, you can still glitch out of the box using a certain reeling technique. Another thing concerning Akina, since the total time of each team will be counted, I believe it can only be done if each player played separately (without the usage of mods). Not sure if you've played Akina before, but a 20 seconds countdown timer starts once a player reaches the finish line, and once the timer hits 0 the race will restart making it impossible for the rest of the players to finish the race.
- I have no idea how Outside the Walls will be carried out, so I cannot provide any feedback concerning this mode.
- Regarding the City map, I'd like to see a rule about players camping get implemented. Players should be forbidden from camping in places where titans cannot reach (such as building rooftops) for purposes other than reloading blades or moving around. The same should go for the titans. You said that you need 4 points to move up, does that mean you have to win 4 times in the City game mode or all the game modes?

Other than that, I recommend that you do not use VPN services such as Hamachi/Tunngle/Evolve to host. Port Forwarding would be a favourable option, although that'll only be needed once LAN is back. And don't use obvious passwords for the tournament servers such as "1234" or "password". A neat way to organise the brackets is Challonge, you should check it out. And try to make sure all the teams are present when the tournament starts. Good luck with the tournament.
Raiden

Postby xRivailution » Mon Jul 21, 2014 3:00 pm

Exactly, if we are 5 players each team, it will be 10 players.

Which is already laggy enough, even with a decent internet.

However, 16 players is too much, I will probably DC right away, if the host has a shitty internet.

Colossal is a bit on the luck side, since you only get lucky when you time a Mikasa special well.

Trost cant be done, because Eren goes at the same speed in all modes.

Race Akina is really good, since lag is not that big of a deal.
xRivailution

PreviousNext

Return to Tournaments