Eternal Wings World Cup [Registration is now open] *7/24/14*

All tournament-related things go here. ☆-(ノ゚Д゚)八(゚Д゚ )ノ
- Accelevi
Forum rules
Forget-me-not.

Re: Eternal Wings World Cup [Registration is now open] *7/10

Postby Sylvy » Mon Jul 21, 2014 6:03 pm

I'm going to have to agree that there are still a lot of kinks in this tournament that need to be settled.

Start date is in under 2 weeks. It'd be nice to see some official dates/ times and rules by the end of the week :roll:

Cannot wait to see watch this tournament.

@Xanox, Just a simple tip, buddy. It's hard to make everyone happy. Don't overwhelm yourself like Xyro did.
Sylvy

Postby xanox100 » Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:04 pm

I'm probably gonna set it back further actually. I've talked with feng recently about LAN. He's having problems getting it to work again/better. So it may be a while. If everyone is patient we can do the tournament in September or October. As the game is right now, it's not exactly stable. No one wants to play with hackers and or broken servers. So until the game is more stable for competitive play It'll have to wait. Also, until that time comes I'm shutting down the Hamachi Networks due to it being so expensive, and since Public servers have pretty much run me out of business there's no point in keeping it around for no one to use it. It WILL return once LAN Returns though so don't be sad. AOT-XAN Tunngle Network will remain, it is a 255 slot server meant for playing LAN for the Old version for now.
If Innti can somehow get a modified game client with LAN then we can move the Tournament date closer. If you guys have any suggestions for the tournament structure please post it here, I want this to be noticed by the community as a great thing. ;) I'll post updates soon.
xanox100

Postby xanox100 » Tue Jul 22, 2014 12:01 pm

So I've talked with Innti a bit, may or may not have some news. Stay tuned guys and gals.
xanox100

Postby Innti » Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:10 pm

Thank you for not promising anything xD
Innti

Postby Mryaccer » Wed Jul 23, 2014 12:03 am

I wouldn't know about 16 people in a server. I'm pretty sure that, after some couple of waves, some are gonna lag, that's probably gonna affect their playstyle, that isn't fair tbh. 4-5 would be perfect.
Mryaccer

Postby xanox100 » Wed Jul 23, 2014 3:47 am

I've already responded to this numerous times. Its staying 8 v 8. That's one thing that won't change.
xanox100

Postby Enna » Wed Jul 23, 2014 7:40 pm

xanox100 wrote:Unfortunately I do not change rules based off of one person's opinion.

xanox100 wrote:I've already responded to this numerous times. Its staying 8 v 8. That's one thing that won't change.

Can we like make a poll on that pls? Seriously, everyone with whom I talked about it is concerned about the number of players... 8 is just ridiculous... make a poll and you'll see how many people are not happy with this...

I really don't understand why you're refusing to change the most criticized rule...
Enna

Postby Zarythe » Wed Jul 23, 2014 7:43 pm

How thick headed do you have to be to not realize 8 v 8 is way too fucking mutch
Zarythe

Postby TheRiz » Wed Jul 23, 2014 7:47 pm

a 16 player match is already too much. then you'll also have a referee and a livestreamer in there I'm guessing which is 18. thats asking for failure
TheRiz

Postby Sylvy » Wed Jul 23, 2014 7:56 pm

There's probably almost a dozen comments in this thread bringing up the 8 vs 8 as a possible problem :P

Each time, he's responded that it will stay the way it is.

If yall want to make your own rules, then make your own tourny. Just saying. He might be thick headed, but yall are just as thick headed for pursuing it when it's obvious he doesn't want to change it. His tourny, his rules. The guy didn't become a server moderator without knowing how much lag 16 players will bring. It's kinda obvious he wants to try it out anyways. Will it work, probably not..... But like I said, the guy already said he doesn't want to change it. >.>

Just an observation.
Sylvy

PreviousNext

Return to Tournaments