AoG Wolf Winter Games 2014 [Concluded]

All tournament-related things go here. ☆-(ノ゚Д゚)八(゚Д゚ )ノ
- Accelevi
Forum rules
Forget-me-not.

Re: AoG Wolf Winter Games [Registration Open]

Postby boofed » Thu Sep 18, 2014 1:21 am

I think that broadcasting on twitch is a superb idea and I'll be investigating that further as well. Expect updates to this thread in the next month.

The RC mod for tournament administrators is a good idea, provided they have all skin features turned off. The kicking and banning power is just too instrumental to ignore, so I will be revising the RC mod rule for tournament administrators. I was hesitant to allow this because of the enormous variable it adds to the mix, but the risks seem to outweigh the benefits in this case.

Speaking of TAs: For this tournament to actually happen, there will need to be more tournament administrators than just myself. I have a very small guild relative to others and not a lot of people are interested in helping run the event. While I realize that this causes confusion with having the "Wolf" name in the title of the tournament, but I didn't really have another way to create a definitively unofficial tournament. Anyway, there will need to be more TAs if we want to consider things such as twitch streaming, more events, and an overall larger tournament.

Head-to-head events sound like a ton of fun and a really good idea that I did not even think of. If we get more interest in the tournament administrator role, I will definitely consider team vs. team human-only titan clearing events.

everyone should press 1 to enter the game and then suicide

I was under the impression that if everyone suicides, the server resets and everyone will have to pick their characters again. It's been a little while since I've had time to actually play the game between school and setting up this tournament, so I don't know if that's still the case. If it isn't, then I'll probably change that rule. Also, it is already assumed that tournament administrators have spawned and suicided so that they can use the spectator mode. If someone picks the wrong character on accident, just say something in the chat real quick like "stop" and change characters when you can.

Also, while unlikely and rare, crawlers and jumpers can spawn in the first wave even in normal, making it unsafe to stand in the branch after spawning.

This is a good point, and I have already edited the main post to incorporate this idea.

the underlined bit means the server can go up to 35 minutes, right?

The server will probably be set to 99 minutes to allow for maximum flexibility. We'll just use math, screenshots, and stopwatches to keep track of how much time has elapsed. For now, I've just reworded this statement to make it slightly more clear. I will take care of that detail later down the road.
boofed

Postby geassguy9 » Thu Sep 18, 2014 4:45 am

I think that broadcasting on twitch is a superb idea and I'll be investigating that further as well.

I think streaming this would be the absolute worse idea to hit mankind since hydro nuclear fission.

But seriously, with all the mods out there now made specifically to counter RC kicks and bypass server limits/passwords, it'd probably be better to just keep the time of the event a secret. Cut out the whole idea of streaming, or maybe find a way to stream it exclusively to participating guilds.
geassguy9

Postby Sarruby » Thu Sep 18, 2014 5:27 am

For reference from our Skype chat:
  • Procedure to enter game: start at said time, use RC mod restart to begin
  • All RC skins set to black (to deter from using RC mod)
  • Anti-eren (simplify rules)
Sarruby

Postby RamenRyu » Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:41 am

geassguy9 wrote:
I think that broadcasting on twitch is a superb idea and I'll be investigating that further as well.

I think streaming this would be the absolute worse idea to hit mankind since hydro nuclear fission.

But seriously, with all the mods out there now made specifically to counter RC kicks and bypass server limits/passwords, it'd probably be better to just keep the time of the event a secret. Cut out the whole idea of streaming, or maybe find a way to stream it exclusively to participating guilds.

I like the idea of twitch/ Commentators, like the first tourney evot, it kept us more engaged with the gameplay instead of a silent game with just music in the gb,
RamenRyu

Postby HallowedSaber » Thu Sep 18, 2014 1:49 pm

Im open to streaming an commentating if you like. I wil have to double check my schedual and make sure i have no Final exams around that time but, if I am able I will.
HallowedSaber

Postby Sylvy » Thu Sep 18, 2014 2:17 pm

Let the auditions for commentators commence!!!! :D
Sylvy

Postby Xedma » Thu Sep 18, 2014 4:52 pm

I volunteer as tribute! (For the position of commentator)
Xedma

Postby RamenRyu » Thu Sep 18, 2014 6:47 pm

Xedma wrote:I volunteer as tribute! (For the position of commentator)

+999
RamenRyu

Postby geassguy9 » Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:09 pm

RamenRyu wrote:I like the idea of twitch/ Commentators, like the first tourney evot

Except that was back when we had Private servers. But who knows? Maybe Feng'll bring them back before December. Of course it'd still be boring as hell without commentators, so maybe we can find a way to keep the stream view-able to only a private audience of the attending guilds if not.
geassguy9

Postby 27th Survey Corps » Sat Sep 20, 2014 12:03 am

Guild name: 27th Survey Corps
Guild leader(s): The 27th Council (Council Prime- SupraMayro. Council body- ninnymonger, geassguy9, Brenpai, Jolarte.)
Total number of event participants: 6 (and counting)

Participant usernames
Racing Akina
1.)Lazaro
2.)SupraMayro
3.)
4.)
5.)
Sub.)

Colossal Titan II
1.)
2.)
3.)
4.)
5.)
Sub.)

Annie II
1.)
2.)
3.)
4.)
5.)
Sub.)

The Forest (Solo)
1.)AidenTheRedPanda
Sub.)

The Forest III
1.)FameAOT
2.)AidenTheRedPanda
3.)SupraMayro
4.)Lazaro
5.)Geassguy9
Sub.)ninnymonger
Sub.)kappermix

The Forest (Team)
1.)FameAOT
2.)Geassguy9
3.)Claudio
4.)kappermix
5.)SupraMayro
Sub.)ninnymonger

I hereby acknowledge that disqualification and/or removal of any player from an event, multiple events, and/or the AoG Wolf Winter Games entirely is at the sole discretion of the Wolf guild administrators, associated tournament administrators, and/or fenglee.com forum administrators and may occur without warning and without a stated reason. I recognize that the AoG Wolf Winter Games may be canceled or discontinued by a Wolf guild administrator at any time and without warning. I agree to assume all responsibility for members of my guild participating in the events and recognize that failure to show, tardiness, and cheating* can result in removal from an event, multiple events, and/or the AoG Wolf Winter Games entirely for not only myself and associated guild participants, but for my entire guild, including non-participant members. I also understand that punishment for unlawful play, poor behavior, and any other action deemed unsuitable by a tournament administrator can include, but is not limited to, removal from future Wolf events. *See "cheating" (Rules).

I have made sure that all my registered guild members have read and reviewed the Event Procedures and Rules sections below prior to participating.

Signed,

The 27th Council
Last edited by 27th Survey Corps on Tue Dec 16, 2014 10:44 pm, edited 7 times in total.
27th Survey Corps

PreviousNext

Return to Tournaments