AoG Wolf Winter Games 2014 [Concluded]

All tournament-related things go here. ☆-(ノ゚Д゚)八(゚Д゚ )ノ
- Accelevi
Forum rules
Forget-me-not.

Re: AoG Wolf Winter Games [Registration Open]

Postby boofed » Sat Nov 22, 2014 10:12 pm

zRavioli wrote:
zRavioli wrote:My guild leader noticed that there are no indicators as to what difficulties these events will be on. Are these on normal, hard, or abnormal?

Ah, we still need to know this. We have plans that make clearing most of these events a piece of cake on all difficulties, but we still need to know for sure so we may practice accordingly.


Sorry it took so long to reply. It's been really busy..

All servers will be running on Normal difficulty. I just updated the main post to include this information in the Event Procedures and FAQ as I've gotten the question before.

Sylvy wrote:Are 27th out since they disbanded? O.o Or switch leaders/split. Whatever the case is. Just wondering, because the tournament participant list is... really short XD Meh, maybe the hype will start in a couple more weeks *shrugs*

Another question! In case of no other participants. Will TR gain automatic victory?!?! Say yes, boofed, say yes ^-^ I want my crown hue hue.


The 27th are disbanded? I didn't know about this. For now, they will still be registered because I haven't heard anything about this from their chain of command. We'll just roll call them and if they don't show up we can strike them from the tourney.

While there are not many guilds signed up at the moment, there are several in the process of registering. Of course, it wouldn't hurt to advertize ;)
boofed
 

 

Re: AoG Wolf Winter Games [Registration Open]

Postby Sarruby » Wed Nov 26, 2014 4:36 am

I hadn't played for like 3 months, and then I played just now... and HOLY *@#$% EVERYTHING IS DIFFERENT WHENDIDTITANSSTARTMOVINGRANDOMLY -

Anyway, I haven't tested kicking, spectator mode, or other features (changes to score? movement? difficulty? levels?) but it might be a good idea to look through the rules and double check that they still make sense for this version. I don't think I'll get a chance to test/check new/old features since my holiday isn't turning out to have lots of alone time (yay family! :-D) but it'd probably be something worth double-checking. Or read the updates page, wherever that is.

Sorry I can't be of more help this time... I hope to see this happen!!
Sarruby
 

Re: AoG Wolf Winter Games [Registration Open]

Postby Xedma » Sat Nov 29, 2014 7:05 am

boofed wrote:Livestream Correspondents
Spoiler:
Head Coordinator: Tiptastick

Commentator: SnK Tailex
Commentator: ToL Xedma

This tournament is going to be awesome! More of you need to join, too!
Xedma
 

Re: AoG Wolf Winter Games [Registration Open]

Postby Ghosthunter » Sun Nov 30, 2014 8:05 pm

4.) I'm from EU and none of these event times are good times for me! Why?
Unfortunately, this tournament is not large enough to be international. Crossing the borders in terms of event times would take considerable organization and some serious dedication. While we would love to offer reasonable times for everybody, the fact of the matter is we can't. The times are currently set such that US players on the west coast will be competing in the afternoon after lunchtime and east coast players will be competing in the evening before and after dinner times. This means it will be very early in the morning EU time, but there isn't a way we can change that.

Dates
Dates are subject to change, but are very unlikely to change. Dates will not change past the registration deadline (December 16th).

I do have to say that this seems rather unfair for the people in Europe and i should also mention that last year's EVOT was made in such a way that everyone was able to participate.
I'm aware that you cannot change the time of the events but i'm sure you can change the dates. I suggest moving all of the events one week later so the European players will be able to participate during the holidays.
Ghosthunter
 

Re: AoG Wolf Winter Games [Registration Open]

Postby boofed » Sun Nov 30, 2014 10:43 pm

Ghosthunter wrote:
4.) I'm from EU and none of these event times are good times for me! Why?
Unfortunately, this tournament is not large enough to be international. Crossing the borders in terms of event times would take considerable organization and some serious dedication. While we would love to offer reasonable times for everybody, the fact of the matter is we can't. The times are currently set such that US players on the west coast will be competing in the afternoon after lunchtime and east coast players will be competing in the evening before and after dinner times. This means it will be very early in the morning EU time, but there isn't a way we can change that.

Dates
Dates are subject to change, but are very unlikely to change. Dates will not change past the registration deadline (December 16th).

I do have to say that this seems rather unfair for the people in Europe and i should also mention that last year's EVOT was made in such a way that everyone was able to participate.
I'm aware that you cannot change the time of the events but i'm sure you can change the dates. I suggest moving all of the events one week later so the European players will be able to participate during the holidays.


The dates were recently moved ahead two days.

I'm a little bit confused about how moving the dates ahead by a week would help the European players participate. Are there standard winter breaks in the European region? Are they usually later than North American winter breaks? What would moving the dates back a week do exactly?
boofed
 

Re: AoG Wolf Winter Games [Registration Open]

Postby Ghosthunter » Sun Nov 30, 2014 11:39 pm

The break usually starts a day before Christmas eve and lasts for about 3 weeks.Which means the European players could stay up because they wouldn't have to go to school.
Ghosthunter
 

Re: AoG Wolf Winter Games [Registration Open]

Postby Zarythe » Mon Dec 01, 2014 3:39 pm

Ghosthunter wrote:The break usually starts a day before Christmas eve and lasts for about 3 weeks.Which means the European players could stay up because they wouldn't have to go to school.


Apparently i've been signed up to this tourney or something like that so ill just mention that my winter break starts on the 19th and ends on the 8th of January
Zarythe
 

Re: AoG Wolf Winter Games [Registration Open]

Postby The Rogue Titan » Tue Dec 02, 2014 5:28 pm

A new challenger has appeared!

Rogue Titan roars at the competition!


But seriously though, do I still need to make my own registration form or am I automatically pooled in with my guildies that already signed up?
Image
I will kill all of the Titans. All of them! Exterminate them from this Earth. They are my prey now...
RIP Talons of Liberty
. Image
We fought hard but in the end we only succeeded in killing ourselves.

In-game name: A7XRogueTitan
User avatar
The Rogue Titan
Moderator
 
Posts: 1716
Joined: Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:02 pm
Location: In the blood of Eren Jaeger.
Formerly: A7X Rogue Titan

Re: AoG Wolf Winter Games [Registration Open]

Postby M.J » Sat Dec 06, 2014 2:50 pm

Honestly, my initial reaction was kinda "Oh look another tournament that's not gonna happen" but reading through it you guys seem pretty commited. Sign me up. =D
M.J
 

Re: AoG Wolf Winter Games [Registration Open]

Postby boofed » Mon Dec 08, 2014 2:51 am

The Rogue Titan wrote:A new challenger has appeared!

Rogue Titan roars at the competition!


But seriously though, do I still need to make my own registration form or am I automatically pooled in with my guildies that already signed up?


We haven't received a registration form from Talons of Liberty yet. Only the guild leader can submit a registration form to register his/her guild members. You should get your guild leader's attention and make sure s/he is aware of the tournament if you wish to partake!
boofed
 

PreviousNext

Return to Tournaments

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest