AoG Wolf Winter Games 2014 [Concluded]

All tournament-related things go here. ☆-(ノ゚Д゚)八(゚Д゚ )ノ
- Accelevi
Forum rules
Forget-me-not.

Re: AoG Wolf Winter Games [Registration Open]

Postby Zarythe » Mon Dec 08, 2014 8:54 am

boofed wrote:
The Rogue Titan wrote:A new challenger has appeared!

Rogue Titan roars at the competition!

But seriously though, do I still need to make my own registration form or am I automatically pooled in with my guildies that already signed up?

We haven't received a registration form from Talons of Liberty yet. Only the guild leader can submit a registration form to register his/her guild members. You should get your guild leader's attention and make sure s/he is aware of the tournament if you wish to partake!

Ghost is aware, i think hes filling it but we dont have enough members yet or something. We are sure to join though
Zarythe

Postby Lyve » Mon Dec 08, 2014 11:37 pm

Well this sounds interesting, but I wonder, how will the southern guilds will do... IE, Can non-english speaking guilds join the tourney? I think only 1 other people in my guild know any english. Are we unable to join or is there a minimum number of english speaker needed?
Lyve

Postby Ghosthunter » Mon Dec 08, 2014 11:45 pm

One quick question if you will.
Lots of people from our guild want to participate in forest 3 and since it would be awkward to have 50694068904892 subs,would it be possible for us to field two 5 man teams for this event?
Ghosthunter

Postby boofed » Wed Dec 10, 2014 4:45 am

Lyve wrote:Well this sounds interesting, but I wonder, how will the southern guilds will do... IE, Can non-english speaking guilds join the tourney? I think only 1 other people in my guild know any english. Are we unable to join or is there a minimum number of english speaker needed?

Unfortunately, being able to communicate effectively is an inherent requirement of the competition. If we can't fully understand one another, things will go horribly wrong and having a translator would just bog things down and make the tournament harder to manage. If you really want to participate, I recommend contacting me on Skype and maybe we can work something out.

Ghosthunter wrote:One quick question if you will.
Lots of people from our guild want to participate in forest 3 and since it would be awkward to have 50694068904892 subs,would it be possible for us to field two 5 man teams for this event?

Well, this was certainly an unexpected question... If the tournament gets a good reception this year, I may consider including an option for registering multiple teams from one guild for single events. However, for this year's tournament, I'm going to have to say no. After talking with Okami, my administrative adviser, we came to the conclusion that it would not be fair to the other competitors for there to be one guild with multiple teams since it effectively gives that guild two attempts at winning the event. Perhaps if there is a greater turn-out for the next event we could start allowing for this, as it sounds like a lot of fun.
boofed

Postby zRavioli » Wed Dec 10, 2014 3:31 pm

A few of our members opted out of the tournament due to timing issues and disinterest in it. Coupled with the fact that nobody else in the guild wants to join the tournament, I doubt Ascension will be able to participate in every event. I was wondering if you would allow us to participate in one or two events just for fun (to see how we compare to other guilds).
zRavioli

Postby Ghosthunter » Wed Dec 10, 2014 6:55 pm

boofed wrote:Well, this was certainly an unexpected question... If the tournament gets a good reception this year, I may consider including an option for registering multiple teams from one guild for single events. However, for this year's tournament, I'm going to have to say no. After talking with Okami, my administrative adviser, we came to the conclusion that it would not be fair to the other competitors for there to be one guild with multiple teams since it effectively gives that guild two attempts at winning the event. Perhaps if there is a greater turn-out for the next event we could start allowing for this, as it sounds like a lot of fun.

I understand completely.Thanks for the answer.
Ghosthunter

Postby geassguy9 » Sat Dec 13, 2014 11:51 pm

zRavioli wrote:A few of our members opted out of the tournament due to timing issues and disinterest in it. Coupled with the fact that nobody else in the guild wants to join the tournament, I doubt Ascension will be able to participate in every event. I was wondering if you would allow us to participate in one or two events just for fun (to see how we compare to other guilds).

boofed wrote:5.) How many guild members can I bring to the tournament?
The minimum number for any guild is 5 and the maximum number is 33. If you bring 5 members, it means all 5 will have to participate in at least one event. If you bring 33, it means that each individual guild member will be participating (or substituting) in only one event throughout the whole tournament. Anyone is permitted to play in more than one event, since the events are spread out over time.
geassguy9

Postby zRavioli » Sun Dec 14, 2014 12:16 am

//sighs
I suppose I phrased my question poorly. What I mean is that we have enough people for Forest III, but nobody wants to do any other events, so I was wondering if we could participate in Forest III for fun (we wouldn't get ranked) just to see how skilled we are compared to other guilds.
zRavioli

Postby boofed » Mon Dec 15, 2014 7:03 am

zRavioli wrote://sighs
I suppose I phrased my question poorly. What I mean is that we have enough people for Forest III, but nobody wants to do any other events, so I was wondering if we could participate in Forest III for fun (we wouldn't get ranked) just to see how skilled we are compared to other guilds.

Sorry, I had to think about this question for a while. We will not be organizing any "just for fun" trials for the tournament. Of course, you're free to set up a mock event of your own to see how you compare to the final times of the competitors. All of the final times will be posted on this thread once the tournament comes to a close.
boofed

Postby Zarythe » Mon Dec 15, 2014 7:59 pm

I mean you guys could just enter the forest 3 thingy, if thats allowed? Ofc you cant win the whole thing with just that but hey you might have a chance at being the best at forest 3
Zarythe

PreviousNext

Return to Tournaments