ASO - AoTTG Summer Olympics, July 2015

All tournament-related things go here. ☆-(ノ゚Д゚)八(゚Д゚ )ノ
- Accelevi
Forum rules
Forget-me-not.

ASO - AoTTG Summer Olympics, July 2015

Postby ASO_Tournament » Tue Apr 07, 2015 2:17 pm

Attention Fellow Soldiers,

After impassioned debate, dogged effort, and concerted collaboration, we, of an interguild alliance, have drafted the framework for a summer tourney—the AoTTG Summer Olympics.

You and your guilds are cordially invited to join us this July for titan murder.

Click the ASO logo to view the ASO public docs.

Dates and Times

Dates and Times
Date:
ASO will be played over 5 days: 3 days for competition, 1 day for break, 2 days for competition.
We will start on Sunday, 5 July 2015, and play on the 6th and the 7th.
We will take a break on Wednesday, 8 July.
We will continue on Thursday, 9 July.
We will finish on Friday, 10 July.
http://goo.gl/5nlqgf

Time:
ASO will start on 15:00, UTC +0. (For the Americans, this is 3:00 PM, UTC +0)
Time Album: http://imgur.com/a/eVKOC#0

ASO Events

We’ll also be releasing (roughly in this order) the yoyo, bomb mode, guns v swords, and racing maps as the months progress.

Note about racing: The custom racing map will test for improvisational maneuverability. As such, it will be released 2 weeks before the first ASO event. We feel this is enough time to become familiar with the map without memorizing it. Those who grind Akina have the advantage that they've ground Akina. ASO hopes that a fresh, new map, released with limited practice time, will level the playing field among the communities Racers. It should be said though that those who are already good at Akina are not at a disadvantage. A player's fluency with 3DMG/ODMG, especially in Akina, will carry over into this event. So don't stop practicing Akina.

Note about the events in general: We understand and have been wholly mindful that the regularity of Feng's updates and our heavy reliance on RC game modes can get the whole tourney in trouble. Notwithstanding the credibility of certain facebook posts, the specter that is Unity 5 has not escaped us. We have planned a contingency.

Registration

Closed as of 5 June 2015

You will able to fix, edit, respell, and, in general, change your form, until and not past the 20th of June, 11:59 UTC -12.
You are not required to sign up for every event.

General Tournament Rules, Expected Code of Conduct, Score Dispute Resolution, and Admin Responsibilities, Duties, and Obligations

This full list is forthcoming. (This is nothing scary. It's just common sense written on paper and made pretty, unambiguous, and relevant. The tourney's first and second priority is that everyone have fun. We have this list because we want to be fair to the your guild while balancing the needs for fairness for the whole community.)

ASO Staff

Commentators
Commentators:
Tako of Jaegerbomb
Lito of Jaegerbomb
ShadeR_O_S of Jaegerbomb
SashaKai of the Midnight Embers Alliance
ToxicPaste of the Midnight Embers Alliance
TheGreatSkirazi

Streamer
Streamer:
PMK of Pigeon Legion (tentative)

Tourney Admins
Tourney Admins:
Omega of Jaegerbomb
Niko of Jaegerbomb
Cyrus of Freelancers
SashaKai of the Midnight Embers Alliance
Shady of the Knights of Redemption
ninnymonger of the 27th Survey Corps

These guys are in charge of settling score disputes, if needed. If there's a conflict on interest, they have adjutants that can step in to fill the vote that recuses itself. Oh, and if something—anything—goes wrong, blame these guys.

note: This list is not complete. There are many people we owe a lot to, people without whom this tourney would not exist. A full list of credits is forth coming.

Registered Guilds

Unfortunately, the oncoming conversion to Unity 5 may be the end of modding for the AOTTG community. That being said, we feel that we should still try to make the best of what we have while we have it, meaning we have many events designed around the assumption that we'll still have access to mods at the time of the tourney. In the event that the conversion happens before the tourney does, we will have an alternate event list focused on the vanilla game.

Edits:
7 June 2015:
23 May 2015: ASO schedule finalized: http://goo.gl/5nlqgf

20 May 2015: Added FAQs Link
29 April 2015: added a Spanish version link.
17 April 2015: info and formatting is now congruent with the subreddit thread.; added "You are not required to sign up for every event," for clarity.
13 April 2015: released to the public
Last edited by ASO_Tournament on Sat Jul 11, 2015 6:47 am, edited 40 times in total.
ASO_Tournament

Re: ASO - AoTTG Summer Olympics, July 2015

Postby SnK Tailex » Tue Apr 07, 2015 3:03 pm

I am glad I can help with this!! Even though I can not be there I'm pretty sure I will still be able to watch some of it
SnK Tailex

Postby Lito » Tue Apr 07, 2015 10:04 pm

Ahhhhh this is gonna be amazing. Get hyped!
Lito

Postby SnK Tailex » Wed Apr 08, 2015 2:40 pm

I just realized how soon the deadline is to sign a guild up, why not extend it another week? Gives more time for people to hear about it

Edit: I might be mistaken and April 13th will be when people can start signing up, but just in case it isn't, there needs to be a specification for how someone signs up their guild
SnK Tailex

Postby boofed » Sun Apr 12, 2015 1:08 am

I can't wait to see this tournament unfold and join the competition with the rest of the Wolf guild. All aboard the hype train!
boofed

Postby Sylvy » Tue Apr 14, 2015 5:11 pm

Will try to remember the date so I can hop on and watch.

I hopped on for the first time in months the other day and saw someone using a gun and I flipped shit. How this game has changed.....

Goodluck with the tournament!!
Sylvy

Postby HaganeNoTema » Tue Apr 14, 2015 11:07 pm

here we go again
hope this get a lot of kids in "action"
HaganeNoTema

Postby Lito » Fri May 29, 2015 6:59 pm

Holy shit a lot of people have viewed this page now, Thanks RC!
Lito

Postby Lumpin » Tue Jun 02, 2015 5:01 am

I'll view your page any day ( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡°)
Lumpin

Postby ASO_Tournament » Thu Jun 04, 2015 4:17 am

Countdown for registration deadline:

ASO_Tournament

Next

Return to Tournaments