Unity Web Player

Place to put all your questions, place to get the answers. 【・ヘ・?】This can have both forum-related questions and game-related questions.
- Accelevi
Forum rules
Forget-me-not.

Re: Unity Web Player

Postby Khally » Sun Dec 01, 2013 4:32 pm

Other games have nothing to do with this one, so that isn't a valid conclusion. I don't go over 60ºC on AoTTG, but I know a few others where my CPU would hit 90ºC. It doesn't mean there's anything "wrong" with the game, it's just that the cooling isn't that good.
Khally

Postby Accelevi » Sun Dec 01, 2013 5:42 pm

At the max, I generally hit around 62.

Sig courtesy of Zarythe <3

C A D E A U X
Accelevi
« Administrator »

Postby Fuginotory » Sun Dec 01, 2013 7:25 pm

Accel, if you are using the program I use, you should look at core and air flow (if you have Air cooling). If you core temp is 62C consistently, then you will set yourself on fire some day... Soon.
Aiden, testing other games that use Unity proves that the problem is not Unity, some games require more out of your PC then others, for example, when I was having consistent overheating problems my computer constantly shut down after 5-10 minutes of playing Skyrim, but when I played Mass Effect I had no problems, except in the hottest days when my PC was unable to go anywhere under 50C.

Edit: To check if you're overheating, simply open the program and then play as usual, when the game starts acting up, check the program, if your temp values are high, you have your answer, if they are normal, then I'll revisit the question and see if I can think of anything else.
Fuginotory

Postby Accelevi » Sun Dec 01, 2013 8:06 pm

Lol, 62 is max I reach. I typically have like 59.

C A D E A U X
Accelevi
« Administrator »

Postby Fuginotory » Sun Dec 01, 2013 9:33 pm

How are you not on fire yet? Are you sure that's core temp? If yes, then are you sure you're getting a correct reading? At that heat your PC should be... It should be having a bad time, unless it is something really really... I don't know, really unnatural. Or it is possible that you are getting a reading in Fahrenheit, rather then Celsious.
Fuginotory

Postby Khally » Sun Dec 01, 2013 11:13 pm

Fuginotory wrote:How are you not on fire yet? Are you sure that's core temp? If yes, then are you sure you're getting a correct reading? At that heat your PC should be... It should be having a bad time, unless it is something really really... I don't know, really unnatural. Or it is possible that you are getting a reading in Fahrenheit, rather then Celsious.

Well, it's not reeaally that high of a temperature. I mean, it's relative to the computer. And the temperatures vary, from the CPU to the GPU, and amongst the CPU's units themselves. Hell, my laptop reaches 90ºC everyday :P
Khally

Postby Accelevi » Sun Dec 01, 2013 11:29 pm

Lol, 90 would be extremely hot.
It's 59 right now, and I'm having no problems.

C A D E A U X
Accelevi
« Administrator »

Postby Fuginotory » Sun Dec 01, 2013 11:46 pm

Laptops are generally very... How should I say this... They are... Rubbish. These things run hot all the time, and I know temp can vary, I just never thought I'd see the day... Again... My cousin had a PC that heated up the whole room when he was playing, it was... Interesting, to say the least. Still, 59C seems kinda hot to me. You should check your papers to see the recommended temp, and strife to achieve it. (Not just you, everyone in general, especially people that have problems like the one described in this thread).
Fuginotory

Postby Khally » Sun Dec 01, 2013 11:59 pm

Fuginotory wrote:Laptops are generally very... How should I say this... They are... Rubbish.

That's just plain bs mate :P you can say that you can get a MUCH better computer for the same price as the laptop, that would be correct. But my laptop runs GW2 without a problem, for example. I run every single game I want without any problems whatsoever. The only thing that holds back its performance is the poor cooling.
Khally

Postby Fuginotory » Mon Dec 02, 2013 8:30 am

I never said a laptop can't be... decent (no way I'm saying they can be good!)... I just said that a desktop computer is always better (I just don't like laptops, probably more then Eren doesn't like titans).
A desktop PC is easier and cheaper to maintain and repair, and it can always be improved, if you are the sort that would bother (not you, personally, anyone in general), otherwise I suppose you can just succumb to the evils of the laptop, and tell yourself that you made a good deal. Yes, I know the laptops have their benefits, the biggest one being convenience, but still...
I think I'll stop spamming now, I get carried away too easily, and I don't want another warning.
Fuginotory

PreviousNext

Return to Help Section