How do I increase accuracy?

Place to put all your questions, place to get the answers. 【・ヘ・?】This can have both forum-related questions and game-related questions.
- Accelevi
Forum rules
Forget-me-not.

Re: How do I increase accuracy?

Postby Marki243 » Thu Feb 20, 2014 1:17 am

Thanks for the feedback, I always tend to choose the nonuser friendly classes or characters for some reason.
Marki243

Postby Azure Sky » Thu Feb 20, 2014 4:12 am

Marki243 wrote:Thanks for the feedback, I always tend to choose the nonuser friendly classes or characters for some reason.

Well it is pretty much the fastest way to get food at it, or the fastest way to stay at the same level.
Azure Sky

Postby Colopty » Thu Feb 20, 2014 10:38 am

Oh right, and check if you have mouse acceleration on. If it's on, turn it off. That should help too.
Spoiler:
ImageImage
Colopty
Forum Luminary

Formerly: Cephalopod god

Postby Khally » Thu Feb 20, 2014 5:43 pm

Colopty wrote:Oh right, and check if you have mouse acceleration on. If it's on, turn it off. That should help too.

That's not really a good advice for the common player. Personally, I prefer mouse acceleration by a LOT, for example. Feels absolute crap without it for me, it's a case of pure muscle memory and the only reason people have been doing such a negative campaign against it is because it's something "recent" and hardcore gamers from the first shooters and etc did not have it. So by their logic, acceleration = bad, and this has been spread around as truth when acceleration is actually better if you're mastering it at the same level.
Khally

Postby Colopty » Thu Feb 20, 2014 7:40 pm

Actually, it's more of a case of how far your cursor moves compared to how far you've moved it being inconsistent. Moving it the same distance can pretty much mean your cursor barely moves or passes the screen 10 times over depending on how fast you moved it. It's simply really hard to make your muscle memory perfect as the thing your muscle tries to memorize changes all the time.

T'is kinda like working with the turn settings of the original camera. Really friggin' disorienting.
Spoiler:
ImageImage
Colopty
Forum Luminary

Postby Khally » Thu Feb 20, 2014 7:47 pm

Colopty wrote:Actually, it's more of a case of how far your cursor moves compared to how far you've moved it being inconsistent. Moving it the same distance can pretty much mean your cursor barely moves or passes the screen 10 times over depending on how fast you moved it. It's simply really hard to make your muscle memory perfect as the thing your muscle tries to memorize changes all the time.

T'is kinda like working with the turn settings of the original camera. Really friggin' disorienting.

Well yea, of course. But the thing is, it's not "inconsistent". It's always exactly the same, once you're used to it. You don't even notice any changes. Obviously, I can see why it's confusing for some people if they haven't used it in the past or if the acceleration isn't being done properly :)
Khally

Postby Colopty » Thu Feb 20, 2014 10:43 pm

Indeed, it's not actually inconsistent, but more things factor in and makes it hard to control. Simply put, it's way easier to get a static cursor speed into your muscle memory rather than one that changes all the time depending on another factor. If you've set the static cursor speed correctly, you should be very comfortable with it no matter what you're used to.
Spoiler:
ImageImage
Colopty
Forum Luminary

Postby Doge » Fri Feb 21, 2014 11:28 am

I think using jean is a good idea if you're a levi player.
anyways, practice makes perfect
Doge

Postby Marki243 » Sat Feb 22, 2014 1:47 am

Doge wrote:2. Try to reel in faster, if you don't know how, just scroll up.

I don't understand how this will increase reeling. Does it release a little more wire so that you can reel in fast? I just want to know the concept so I can implement it in my style.
Marki243

Postby Azure Sky » Sat Feb 22, 2014 1:58 am

I am not 100% sure but I think he means reel timing.

I don't think there is a way to reel faster, I think its all to do with the speed at which you are moving.
Azure Sky

PreviousNext

Return to Help Section