How do I Original?

Place to put all your questions, place to get the answers. 【・ヘ・?】This can have both forum-related questions and game-related questions.
- Accelevi
Forum rules
Forget-me-not.

How do I Original?

Postby Marki243 » Tue Mar 18, 2014 6:53 am

I've been thinking of switching from TPS to Original camera, but I'm not sure if I should. I always find myself blindsided in TPS, but the constant spinning of Original kind of disorientates me. One of the reasons I want to learn Original is because I can aim the hooks more effectively, rather than turn the camera to aim.
Marki243

Re: How do I Original?

Postby Xedma » Tue Mar 18, 2014 7:11 am

The camera is a personal choice. There are top tier players that use each camera. The key to learning how to use any camera is to practice practice practice.
Xedma

Postby Azure Sky » Tue Mar 18, 2014 11:58 am

I agree
Pretty much the only way is to practice and see which it better for you. Personally I chose TPS because I am used to the camera mode.
Azure Sky

Postby MicroDot » Tue Mar 18, 2014 12:42 pm

Just like what the others said, you just need to practice it. I chose TPS because original makes me dizzy.
MicroDot

Postby Accelevi » Wed Mar 19, 2014 11:30 pm

Some will be more intuitive than others, but if you want to switch, it'll take a lot of practice.

Sig courtesy of Zarythe <3

C A D E A U X
Accelevi
« Administrator »

Postby Dead » Sat Mar 22, 2014 8:43 pm

Well, if you want any advice on using original, I would say that it's a camera mode that can take lots of time getting used to.

The original camera only turns when you move your cursor to the side of your screen, and this takes time to be accustomed to as it can be annoying when you want to anchor to something and your screen moves with your cursor. However, I find that this can be turned to advantage by knowing how to estimate where your cursor will end up while moving the screen.

The original camera can be a lot about prediction and map knowledge. Many a time, when travelling at great speeds, I don't move my cursor to a position I would like to hook at, I wait for that specific object to end up in my cursor. It's much easier that way.

I've stated before, and I say so once more: the advantage in the original camera is the ability to kill from weird angles and achieve somewhat unorthodox kills, whilst the ability of TPS is consistency and speed. When starting out on original, I find that most users tend to crash and a lose momentum regularly, so don't be disheartened if the same happens to you!

If you find the screen moving too fast for your taste, then simply lower your sensitivity. You'll find that as you get better, it moves too slowly, and then you can turn up the sensitivity another notch. Eventually, you will be able to use maximum sensitivity.

There are no shortcuts to mastering something, and I'll just re-emphasize what everyone has said: practice practice practice.
Dead

Postby Accelevi » Sat Mar 22, 2014 9:08 pm

Ah right, I barely move my mouse at all.
In maybe a hour of playing, I could narrow the entire space I moved it to about the space of the mouse, with about one inch more. I just maneuver and have high sensitivity.
I'm too lazy to move my hand like that a lot.

Sig courtesy of Zarythe <3

C A D E A U X
Accelevi
« Administrator »

Return to Help Section