Can't join US servers

Place to put all your questions, place to get the answers. 【・ヘ・?】This can have both forum-related questions and game-related questions.
- Accelevi
Forum rules
Forget-me-not.

Can't join US servers

Postby dogboy » Wed Nov 19, 2014 9:00 pm

Having an issue for the past 2 weeks where I can't join the US servers. I live in Canada, so joining the US servers is the most ideal thing for me.

Here's what happens:

Login to my account, click multiplayer, US
Find a server that is not PWP and not full, click it to join
Joined ping then shoots up to 300 (exactly 300, every time), when it had just been at like 80
Top left of screen says "connecting to server", then just goes back to "peer created" and no matter how long I wait, or how many times I click the server (or any US server), or how many times I restart my browser, macbook, or reinstall unity web player, it doesn't work...

I also can't create US servers.

(the European, japanese, and asian servers all work fine for me, besides a terrible joined ping).

During the 2 weeks it hasn't been working, I have updated my operating system and everything, and went through a lot of troubleshooting, but can't find an answer for this.

I'm on a brand new macbook pro (bought it 1 month ago), no virus's or anything, running the current operating system for it (but it also didn't work when I had the last operating system for it).

If I could get some help or insight on this, I'd be very grateful. I miss the US servers so much.
dogboy

Re: Can't join US servers

Postby dogboy » Mon Nov 24, 2014 12:10 am

4 days and not a single reply, huh?
Does no one know what to do? or have any ideas of things to try? or do people simply not care enough to answer?
dogboy

Postby zRavioli » Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:04 am

I'm guessing people just don't know what to do. This sounds like a bad glitch, though. Have you tried using Dan Chrysaetos' Mod or Josh's Anti-Cheat Mod clients?
zRavioli

Postby dogboy » Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:34 am

zRavioli wrote:I'm guessing people just don't know what to do. This sounds like a bad glitch, though. Have you tried using Dan Chrysaetos' Mod or Josh's Anti-Cheat Mod clients?

No..? Are you suggesting that the mods would possibly cause issues like the one i'm having, or that it could fix it? I've never used a mod for this game, or anything like that...
dogboy

Postby Sylvy » Mon Nov 24, 2014 12:14 pm

I think that's exactly what he's suggested XD Try it. Idk bout dan's mod, but Josh's anit-cheat is approved by the forums, if that's what you're worried about.

Just wondering, Did this start happening right after the update?
Sylvy

Postby zRavioli » Tue Nov 25, 2014 12:32 am

dogboy wrote:
zRavioli wrote:I'm guessing people just don't know what to do. This sounds like a bad glitch, though. Have you tried using Dan Chrysaetos' Mod or Josh's Anti-Cheat Mod clients?

No..? Are you suggesting that the mods would possibly cause issues like the one i'm having, or that it could fix it? I've never used a mod for this game, or anything like that...

No, I mean that the mods might help. I'm not sure if they will, though, so good luck to you on that.

@Sylvy Danmod is approved on the forums...at least, it was last time I checked.

Accelevi wrote:Anti-Abuse/Website Visiter [ft. Dan]: http://aotdan.weebly.com/

Yep, it's there :D
zRavioli

Postby dogboy » Tue Nov 25, 2014 3:28 am

zRavioli wrote:
dogboy wrote:

No, I mean that the mods might help. I'm not sure if they will, though, so good luck to you on that.

@Sylvy Danmod is approved on the forums...at least, it was last time I checked.

Accelevi wrote:Anti-Abuse/Website Visiter [ft. Dan]: http://aotdan.weebly.com/

Yep, it's there :D

Are they designed to help in any way? I have a feeling that it would just be adding more problems to the situation...
dogboy

Postby dogboy » Tue Nov 25, 2014 3:30 am

Also, update:

Yesterday after clearing my website data and disabling adblock it worked; however, today, once more, it does not work. I've tried clearing website history again a few times, and disabling adblock, but still no luck. Currently clearing all my cache (again)... This is pretty frustrating, especially because it worked yesterday for some reason and I have no idea why.

Also, I'm frequently experiencing unity loading issues where once the main menu comes up, I cannot type (and therefore can't sign in or search for specific maps and such). Does anyone else at least have this problem? Is this a problem with unity or a problem with me computer (which it shouldn't be, since it is a new mac...).

All these issues with unity and the game are driving me nuts.
dogboy

Postby dogboy » Tue Nov 25, 2014 3:41 am

Maybe some pictures will help (somehow)?

In this one, you can see my ping is in the 80's, and i can view the server lists (this is in US servers)
http://i.imgur.com/tPofpP4.png

here you can see my ping shooting up to 300 (exactly, every time), and the server list dissapearing (this happens after clicking to join a server)
http://i.imgur.com/W60Iq2h.png

and then this happens
http://i.imgur.com/gjeloen.png
and i never get to actually join the server, all I get to do is wait around like an idiot with a blank list of servers

If clearing the cache doesn't work I'll try the anti-cheat mod, but hopefully given the information I've given so far and how it worked yesterday, someone can find a solution so that I don't have to play with a mod always (if that would even work).

Thanks again.
dogboy

Postby dogboy » Tue Nov 25, 2014 3:54 am

All right, so after downloading anti-cheat mod I realized two things (well, I realized one of the things while reading about what it was and what it is for). The first thing is that it is not for mac, and therefor has no use for me. The second thing is that it is used to stop modders in-game, and therefor has no use for me. So... yeah....
dogboy

Next

Return to Help Section