Game not loading?

Place to put all your questions, place to get the answers. 【・ヘ・?】This can have both forum-related questions and game-related questions.
- Accelevi
Forum rules
Forget-me-not.

Game not loading?

Postby MFxEagle » Wed Dec 03, 2014 11:55 pm

The game won't load at all on fenglee.com/game/aog . It just has the 'Unity Web Player Install now" button, and the game never loads. I've had Unity Player installed for a while now and I tried reinstalling it twice but with no success. I've also tried clearing the memory/cahe/cookies like I do to see new updates but it didn't solve anything. Does anyone else have this problem? Do you know a way that it can be fixed?
(I thought I saw a similar topic, but that person just had the wrong version loading. The game won't load at all for me :/ )
MFxEagle

Re: Game not loading?

Postby zRavioli » Thu Dec 04, 2014 1:04 am

Here are a few ideas:
1. Reinstall your browser
-There could be a problem that happened somehow with whatever web browser you use
2. Try another web browser
-Using a different browser might help; it's helped me in the past, at least
3. Use a client
-Every mod approved on the forums - besides RC - are clients, and they don't require Unity Web Player.
zRavioli

Postby Terminus » Thu Dec 04, 2014 6:05 pm

It's doing this on the mac I use at work, and clientside games aren't an option since macs cant run .exe's.
Terminus

Postby zRavioli » Thu Dec 04, 2014 9:25 pm

Terminus wrote:macs cant run .exe's.

http://wineskin.urgesoftware.com/tiki-index.php
zRavioli

Postby dogboy » Sat Dec 06, 2014 10:41 pm

Terminus wrote:It's doing this on the mac I use at work, and clientside games aren't an option since macs cant run .exe's.

Pretty sure this is a mac issue, perhaps with the new yosemite OS upgrade, or just a strange sort of conflict between unity > aog > and the mac... I am/was experiencing a similar problem which I posted about in here: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=8803

Out of curiosity, have you also been experiencing issues with the game loading to the main page, but once loaded you cannot type into the game? Like, you get to the main screen, go to sign in, but no letters appear?

And has unity ever started loading up, then failed and given you an error like this? http://i.imgur.com/7UxceoK.png

Are you using safari?

Do you have adblock installed?

Are you deleting cookies from safari, or whatever browser you're using, or are you going into the folder in Library and manually moving it to the trash (which, usually, you might need to restart afterwards in order to get whatever programs that are still using those cookies to end (for some reason force quit doesn't show them open, and only restarting seems to get them to close/allow you to actually delete the cookies)).

Also, when you go to the apple menu in the top left of your screen (apple logo), and click "force quit" while experiencing this problem, is there anything open like "safari web content (not responding)"? If so, force quitting those and restarting safari might help.

Recently there's been a huge uproar about how shitty the new operating system for Macs (Yosemite) is. People experiencing general slowness, drops in wifi, youtube videos not loading or playing, etc etc (it's awful). I myself can't sign into or create an account on reddit, and 20% of websites I try to visit won't even load. I'm guessing that your issue and mine are related to the new Yosemite upgrade and the safari web content - not responding (which didn't appear in my force quit selection until after installing yosemite), but then again I've had problems with games on my mac even before the upgrade and even before this specific mac I'm on now (they seem to just come out of nowhere, then resolve one day for no reason).

Like you I've tried just about everything I can think of, for a while my game would stop loading and kept telling me to install unity (even though it was already installed and no matter how many reinstalls/history/cache/cookies/website data I deleted it would not work). For some reason one day I was just able to load it again (didn't do anything new or different). Unfortunately I'm still experiencing issues which don't allow me to join US servers, but oh well...

Anyways, hope that helps in some way or at least makes you feel less alone with this issue. On a side note, should you really be playing games at work anyway?
dogboy

Postby dogboy » Sat Dec 06, 2014 11:06 pm

Also, I should add that the game is constantly like how you described for me when I try playing on google chrome. It has never loaded on google chrome, and always tells me to install unity web player. (So if you're on chrome, maybe just try safari).
dogboy

Postby Terminus » Sat Dec 06, 2014 11:24 pm

@Dogboy:

-Yeah, I have to go into a game and leave it before I can type anything.
-Never seen that one
-I use Chrome
-Yes
-I just clear the cache from Chrome's history tab
-Restarting the browser doesn't change anything
-I do IT at my university. 90% of my job is sitting around waiting for something to go wrong.
Terminus

Postby dogboy » Sun Dec 07, 2014 7:34 am

Terminus wrote:@Dogboy:

-Yeah, I have to go into a game and leave it before I can type anything.
-Never seen that one
-I use Chrome
-Yes
-I just clear the cache from Chrome's history tab
-Restarting the browser doesn't change anything
-I do IT at my university. 90% of my job is sitting around waiting for something to go wrong.

Chrome doesn't seem to be working right now for a lot of mac users. I read somewhere recently that chrome would stop being compatible with unity web player, maybe that's what's happening?

Once again, try running the game through safari instead of chrome, if you can.
dogboy

Postby MFxEagle » Sun Dec 07, 2014 11:20 pm

Yeah I play on Mac with google chrome. I just switched to Safari and it's working fine now. Thanks for the tip!
(I hope it won't be like this forever though. I still wanna eventually be able to do everything in chrome again.)
MFxEagle

Postby MFxEagle » Mon Dec 08, 2014 1:54 am

Scratch that. Safari won't let me reel in when I play. It only scrolls down the browser.
MFxEagle

Next

Return to Help Section