Using Macbook trackpad to reel?

Place to put all your questions, place to get the answers. 【・ヘ・?】This can have both forum-related questions and game-related questions.
- Accelevi
Forum rules
Forget-me-not.

Using Macbook trackpad to reel?

Postby dogboy » Sun Dec 07, 2014 6:02 am

So I don't have a mouse, and the reel bind thread seems to be dead with no answers for mac users... Just wondering if anyone has had any luck with using the MacBooks trackpad to reel? I understand that when not in fullscreen it will just scroll the entire page down or up instead of just working in the game, and I recently tried fullscreen trackpad reeling (although even if it did work, I then wouldn't be able to play TPS, since mac TPS fullscreen doesn't work...)

Sorry if this is confusing, basically just looking for options on reeling for myself. I really enjoy this game, and I just feel like I'm missing out on so much without being able to reel (and no, I'm not going to purchase a mouse just for this).
dogboy

Re: Using Macbook trackpad to reel?

Postby Peanuts » Sun Dec 07, 2014 6:22 am

I can reel perfectly in full screen with a mac :shock:
But yeah, as you mentioned TPS doesn't work in full screen, but have you tried checking this viewtopic.php?f=16&t=7667 ?
Peanuts

Re: Using Macbook trackpad to reel?

Postby dogboy » Sun Dec 07, 2014 7:27 am

Peanuts wrote:I can reel perfectly in full screen with a mac :shock:
But yeah, as you mentioned TPS doesn't work in full screen, but have you tried checking this viewtopic.php?f=16&t=7667 ?

How are you reeling? With the trackpad? I tried it in original view and it seemed like I had to scroll downwards like 3 or 4 times extremely fast for it to reel in, and usually I would be way past the point of time in which I had wanted to reel in by then... Reeling out didn't even work... Did you change the trackpad scroll sensitivity or something?

Also, currently google chrome won't load the unity player for me (and a few others), so I can't try your suggestion....

EDIT: wait, never mind, that was dumb of me. Fullscreen worked in safari just fine. Thank you very much. Although now I can clearly see that I never successfully reeled while in original view... reeling doesn't seem to work at all with the MacBooks trackpad.
dogboy

Return to Help Section