Modder is a Pain in Many PvP'ers Asses, where can I report?

Place to put all your questions, place to get the answers. 【・ヘ・?】This can have both forum-related questions and game-related questions.
- Accelevi
Forum rules
Forget-me-not.

Modder is a Pain in Many PvP'ers Asses, where can I report?

Postby InfinitePants » Mon Jan 05, 2015 4:25 pm

I looked all over and couldn't find anywhere to report individual abusive modders, so hoping this can be moved to wherever it's supposed to go, or someone can tell me where so I can copy and paste it there, I'll just explain the problem here for now.

Normally I'm not too bothered by abusive modders, mostly because there aren't as many recently and also because I just leave the server and join another one when I encounter an abusive modder and that fixes the problem 90% of the time. However, ever since the PvP update after x-mas I've been encountering this guy ALL over the cave/house fight US servers, at all hours of the day. I've even seen more than one of him in a server at once, which makes me think it's a group of modders who set up the same name to combat being banned (here's hoping something can still be done about it). The name that shows up is (Hyper-MegaCannon X56) [without ()'s]. The Hyper-MegaCannon is in gold text, with a white x and I believe red & blue 56, I'm sure I can grab a screen shot of their name at some point today, tomorrow at the latest.

They're on all the time, as far as I've seen only in fight servers, and as soon as they join they blind everyone with tons of yellow smoke and kill people without using any weapons, along with tons of annoying audio effects and stick around until everyone leaves. The reason I'm finally making the effort to report them, as the first modder(s) I've ever made the effort for, is that although a couple of days ago I was in a 10-person house lobby who all 6-7 needed got together and actually vote-kicked him, and we all celebrated and had a great time, just this morning (prior to 10am central for friggs sake) I tried to make the effort to vote kick him from the 4-5 person fight server I was on, but none of us could, as soon as we'd type the /kick #w/e and press enter, chat box would disappear, and nothing about starting a vote kick or not being able to vote kick comes up in chat feed.

I just downloaded AoTTGAC, so hopefully that will allow me to keep them out of at least one server for now, but I'm still hoping something can be done about them, since this is affecting so many people so frequently.
InfinitePants

Re: Modder is a Pain in Many PvP'ers Asses, where can I repo

Postby HIT0SHI » Mon Jan 05, 2015 4:59 pm

That sounds absolutely dreadful. :(
HIT0SHI

Postby zRavioli » Mon Jan 05, 2015 9:43 pm

Right now, there is no 'report'. This mod has started to go around quickly, and it's akin to past mods (was about to name them but I realized that might not be a good idea) that anyone could get through a Google search. Some of these mods involve the player being unkickable/unbannable, and this one might be one of them.
zRavioli

Postby InfinitePants » Tue Jan 13, 2015 3:57 pm

Yeah I know at least some of them can avoid being kicked. As for the reporting, that's bummer, I was at least hoping there was a spot in the forums to list them for Accel since he's got IP ban warnings all over the place. :|
InfinitePants

Postby SashaKai » Tue Jan 13, 2015 5:50 pm

I have seen them a few times and I use Anticheat every time I play. I already have two on my ban list with the numbers 33 and 38 (I suggest you put those in just in case). Yes, they are very annoying but they're easy to get rid of with anticheat. When you see one, always ban them permanently and if they don't go away, just keep banning them. They will go away eventually. I hope this helps.
SashaKai

Postby Fade~ » Mon Jan 19, 2015 1:36 am

fight mods with mods, thats how you deal with it
Fade~

Postby Rithari » Sun May 03, 2015 7:51 am

What happened to that so called "Doge Bot" who was "fighting" abusive mods?
Someone found a way to avoid it?
Well that took its time.
Rithari

Postby Black Rock Shooter » Sat May 09, 2015 12:05 pm

Rithari wrote:What happened to that so called "Doge Bot" who was "fighting" abusive mods?
Someone found a way to avoid it?
Well that took its time.

What happened to people being unable to read the last post date
Which was 4 months ago

Stop reviving old threads -_-
Black Rock Shooter

Return to Help Section