[Tutorial]How to use Hamachi and Creating / Joining a server

Place tutorials of any kind here. 〆(・∀・@)
- Accelevi
Forum rules
Forget-me-not.

Re: [Tutorial]How to use hamachi

Postby UsagiMaako » Thu Aug 08, 2013 7:18 am

Seraph wrote:Two questions:
1. Is this secure? (Hacking, viruses, etc?)
2. Can a person tell what the IP of your network is or other possible data you might want to keep secret?

Hamachi is secure in some way.

Althought, if a hacker decides he wants to get you, and he knows you're on that hamachi server, he can pull some quite interesting data from your connection. But that's only in very rare cases. And yes, you can tell what people's IP's are with hamachi. They can also find out the name of your machine/computer login session name.
UsagiMaako

Postby upnickBR » Thu Aug 08, 2013 5:54 pm

2. Can a person tell what the IP of your network is or other possible data you might want to keep secret?

1. Not very safe, but there is scope for someone to use hack in games, so it is recommended that the more you play only with people more known.
2. You can rest assured, what you will spend only is IPV4 (which is the IP "virtual" hamachi ").

UsagiMaako wrote:Portforwarding is also an option.

Yes, but it's recommended to use Hamachi doque be releasing the doors of your modem ^ ^
upnickBR

Postby davirock32 » Thu Aug 08, 2013 7:06 pm

Lyve wrote:Thanks man, I was actually looking for this, the only bad thing about this is that I only know 1 person I could play with XD, maybe I ask the other Venezuelans here on the forum (same country=better connection). Anyway thanks.

Im colombian we are close tho :D
Pq escribi eso en ingles?! xD
davirock32

Postby Lyve » Thu Aug 08, 2013 7:24 pm

davirock32 wrote:Im colombian we are close tho :D

Because it's an english forum...
Rayos hay que dejar de hacer eso XD, bueno espero podamos jugar ya que si estamos cerca.
Sorry to the english speaker I just had to write that in spanish.
Lyve

Postby davirock32 » Fri Aug 09, 2013 3:04 pm

Lyve wrote:
davirock32 wrote:Im colombian we are close tho :D

Because it's an english forum...
Rayos hay que dejar de hacer eso XD, bueno espero podamos jugar ya que si estamos cerca.
Sorry to the english speaker I just had to write that in spanish.

It's also a Chinnese forum but we aren't writing in chinnese,are we?
:D
davirock32

Postby UsagiMaako » Sat Aug 24, 2013 3:16 pm

upnickBR wrote:

1. Not very safe, but there is scope for someone to use hack in games, so it is recommended that the more you play only with people more known.
2. You can rest assured, what you will spend only is IPV4 (which is the IP "virtual" hamachi ").

Yes, but it's recommended to use Hamachi doque be releasing the doors of your modem ^ ^

False, if you catch on someone who knows what he's doing, he can gain access to your machine's internet protocol through hamachi. Therefore unless your IP is dynamic, you're hackable by mid-skilled hackers. If your IP is static, it'll be even easier for them.

Also, there are always doors open to your modem no matter wether you portforward or not. The only difference is that if you follow the game's traditional port to do your portforwarding, such as 25565 for minecraft, it'll make their life easier. In that case, you usually set a different port for access, aswell as assign your IP to a domain such as no-ip.com. This way, not only will they not have access to your IP, they won't know the port you forwarded either.

Knowledge is power.
UsagiMaako

Postby Accelevi » Sat Aug 24, 2013 3:36 pm

So will it be safer to use the no IP thing?

Sig courtesy of Zarythe <3

C A D E A U X
Accelevi
« Administrator »

Postby upnickBR » Sat Aug 24, 2013 3:53 pm

UsagiMaako wrote:
upnickBR wrote:

False, if you catch on someone who knows what he's doing, he can gain access to your machine's internet protocol through hamachi. Therefore unless your IP is dynamic, you're hackable by mid-skilled hackers. If your IP is static, it'll be even easier for them.

Also, there are always doors open to your modem no matter wether you portforward or not. The only difference is that if you follow the game's traditional port to do your portforwarding, such as 25565 for minecraft, it'll make their life easier. In that case, you usually set a different port for access, aswell as assign your IP to a domain such as no-ip.com. This way, not only will they not have access to your IP, they won't know the port you forwarded either.

Knowledge is power.

Como eu disse antes e que talvez você não prestou atenção ao que eu disse, "Hamachi não é muito seguro, então só jogue com pessoas conhecidas"

Leitura é poder. ;D

Seraph wrote:So will it be safer to use the no IP thing?

You can use hamachi quiet and tranquil follow the tutorial, it is only safe you only play with trusted friends.
upnickBR

Postby UsagiMaako » Sat Aug 24, 2013 6:10 pm

Seraph wrote:So will it be safer to use the no IP thing?

If you're making a server for people to play on, it is safer to use no-ip. You can use any type of secured domain if you're hosting yourself but no-ip is free.
In other cases, you might just want to have to hosting done by a specialized hosting company, this way you won't have to have all the stuff running on your own computer 24/7.

If you're only planning on joining servers and not creating one, you won't have to do anything if the server you're joining is portforwarded. If the server isn't portforwarded it will most likely require you to join their hamachi server if they have one, therefore enabling you to connect to the server. You can't do anything other than use hamachi if the server requires it; so if you're very cautious like me, only join the hamachi server if you know the people inside. Theres a very slim chance you'll ever fall on a hamachi server where someone is harvesting information; you really have nothing to fear. But overtime, if you always use hamachi you might fall on someone who's harvesting information especially if you're the one hosting the hamachi connected server.
UsagiMaako

Postby UsagiMaako » Sat Aug 24, 2013 6:14 pm

upnickBR wrote:Como eu disse antes e que talvez você não prestou atenção ao que eu disse, "Hamachi não é muito seguro, então só jogue com pessoas conhecidas"

Leitura é poder. ;D

You could of written that in English, since I know english and french it's actually easy for me to guess out what you've just written.

"Reading is power" Yeah, and knowing English is power when it comes to reading someone's message and understanding it.
I was mainly replying about the part of your message where you say that you'd rather use hamachi instead of opening doors to your network. Obviously you failed to understand my explaination of why it's actually WAY safer to portforward and then hide your IP and port with a domain like no-ip. It's like connecting to websites using a proxy, except here you're rerouting a no-ip adress towards your own IP all the while hiding your IP and opened port.
UsagiMaako

PreviousNext

Return to Tutorials