New to Attack on Titan? Here's some tips

Place tutorials of any kind here. 〆(・∀・@)
- Accelevi
Forum rules
Forget-me-not.

New to Attack on Titan? Here's some tips

Postby kriimist » Sat Sep 14, 2013 9:45 am

Here's just some quick tips on ways you can improve on the game if you're a first timer.

Firstly, if you're new you'll find it a hell of a lot easier if you use the tps camera. And if you're not a especially veteran gamer, you're probably not aware that tps stands for (third person shooter) this means that the camera is set up like 3rd person shooter game. If you're a basic and newer player you'll find this best for you, although in my and many other opinions playing on default holds a great advantage to the other two types.
This is because it has a slightly broader view, is faster and is generally more accurate.

Now let's quickly go over the different types of titans.

We have the regulars of all different sizes.
And the Abnormals.

At first you'll most likely find the Abnormals difficult, it's not an entirely bad idea to see a few youtube videos on the ways to kill them since currently (14/09/13) the abnormal titans are quite glitchy, and have a poor hit box to begin with as well as bad a rotation when in close quarters. (they turn very tightly making it almost impossible to hit them if you get too close. So the best thing you can do for abnormals 90% if new is to practice dodging/rolling on the ground (I think the key I have binded is ctrl) to dodge away from them when they dive and if you get trapped between there legs try rolling or hooking onto a building or titan away from them rather than continuing to try to kill them.

(I can't post all what I wrote at once since I broke the word/character limit)
kriimist

Re: New to Attack on Titan? Here's some tips

Postby Blackhunter » Sat Sep 14, 2013 9:48 am

i guess the help section is for problems
better post that in general
thanks btw
Blackhunter

Postby THE WOLF » Sat Sep 14, 2013 10:15 am

thanx man ;)
THE WOLF

Postby Zeref » Sat Sep 14, 2013 12:12 pm

I believe this thread belongs to the General Section.

Thread Moved.
Zeref
Elite Moderator

Formerly: much sweg

Postby TheArabian » Sat Sep 14, 2013 2:57 pm

thnx and i think this belong to help and tutorial section
TheArabian

Postby kriimist » Sat Sep 14, 2013 3:16 pm

Adding onto previous post due to character limits,

We can see that obviously the first level is very difficult.
By playing the second level and simply practicing getting up speed on your kills and doing potential time trial or speed runs on the second level you'll improve greatly especially when it comes to using your gas. This will also make hard mode easier because if you move fast enough titans never get a chance to react.
kriimist

Postby reitaaaxD » Sun Sep 15, 2013 12:16 am

I can't play with the default camera view.. I find it harder to control the camera, sometimes it ends up spinning continuously.
reitaaaxD

Postby Blackhunter » Sun Sep 15, 2013 11:08 am

reitaaaxD wrote:I can't play with the default camera view.. I find it harder to control the camera, sometimes it ends up spinning continuously.

use the FPS/TPS
it's the best
Blackhunter

Postby reitaaaxD » Sun Sep 15, 2013 2:07 pm

Blackhunter wrote:
reitaaaxD wrote:I can't play with the default camera view.. I find it harder to control the camera, sometimes it ends up spinning continuously.

use the FPS/TPS
it's the best

I do use TPS but I noticed that people who use the default view have more control over their character. I'll probably just stick to TPS.
reitaaaxD

Postby MysteriousPerson » Sun Sep 15, 2013 2:34 pm

reitaaaxD wrote:
Blackhunter wrote:

use the FPS/TPS
it's the best

I do use TPS but I noticed that people who use the default view have more control over their character. I'll probably just stick to TPS.

all hail tps :lol:
MysteriousPerson

Next

Return to Tutorials