New to Attack on Titan? Here's some tips

Place tutorials of any kind here. 〆(・∀・@)
- Accelevi
Forum rules
Forget-me-not.

Re: New to Attack on Titan? Here's some tips

Postby kriimist » Mon Sep 16, 2013 6:34 am

As I said earlier, TPS is useful if you're struggling, but default has alot more control accuracy and is faster, it also has a broader camera view which is helpful. It just takes a bit longer because it's a different style to what you're useful.
kriimist

Postby CommunistPanda » Mon Sep 16, 2013 2:58 pm

I started out with TPS, but when I started using default it became a lot easier to kill titans. Default has better control and aiming... at least for me. I guess it is all a matter of preference.
On a different note, (to the new players) you probably shouldn't use WoW camera.
CommunistPanda

Postby Terramort » Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:21 pm

I was using a controller and doing fairly well, then the update hit. The accuracy of a mouse is required for this game.
Terramort

Postby Yoon » Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:44 pm

a good rule of thumb is to pay attention to the positioning of your character as opposed to the hooks
try different hook placements, to see how it moves your character, and just keep trying until you can reenact anime-like moves.
Sometimes aiming the hooks right at the nape is not the best setup for a kill.
After getting used to the game's physics, maneuvering your character will only get easier.

Btw, Levi's special is badass in the latest update.
Yoon

Postby kriimist » Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:05 am

yuyuhoho wrote:a good rule of thumb is to pay attention to the positioning of your character as opposed to the hooks
try different hook placements, to see how it moves your character, and just keep trying until you can reenact anime-like moves.
Sometimes aiming the hooks right at the nape is not the best setup for a kill.
After getting used to the game's physics, maneuvering your character will only get easier.

Btw, Levi's special is badass in the latest update.

The comment about paying attention to the position of the character rather than hooks is pretty accurate, as well as the not aiming for the nape.
kriimist

Postby Yoon » Tue Sep 17, 2013 4:22 pm

reitaaaxD wrote:
I do use TPS but I noticed that people who use the default view have more control over their character. I'll probably just stick to TPS.

Yes, this is true, default is probably the best in terms of precision and has everything fps/tps offers.
But it's really more about what you're used to. When I started out on the first couple updates, I played default all the time because it allowed for a more accurate hooking.
Those who play in TPS/FPS should really try default and see why we play it.

You have a better chance of getting the kill if you stay above ground, get used to swinging in midair. I see a lot of people running up to titans, when they should be using 3DMG.
Yoon

Postby MysteriousPerson » Tue Sep 17, 2013 5:44 pm

yuyuhoho wrote:
reitaaaxD wrote:
I do use TPS but I noticed that people who use the default view have more control over their character. I'll probably just stick to TPS.

Yes, this is true, default is probably the best in terms of precision and has everything fps/tps offers.
But it's really more about what you're used to. When I started out on the first couple updates, I played default all the time because it allowed for a more accurate hooking.
Those who play in TPS/FPS should really try default and see why we play it.

You have a better chance of getting the kill if you stay above ground, get used to swinging in midair. I see a lot of people running up to titans, when they should be using 3DMG.

old habit die hard :? , but i must admit it default mode have a farther range in using 3DMG than tps one
MysteriousPerson

Postby Yoon » Sun Sep 22, 2013 6:33 pm

Yoon

Postby Mika » Sun Sep 22, 2013 11:11 pm

I actually started out with Default camera, i played the first version of the game and i have tosay it's the advanced way of playing (more effective IMO) because you have the ability to see every side of your character, and so the titans, plus it made me aware of the physics in the game (the thing i love the most in this game) and now i consider myself skilled with this game' 3DMG~
Mika

Postby Ancientwayz » Sun Sep 22, 2013 11:57 pm

TPS mode is Limited and at a dis advantage cause there seems to be a Restriction as to how far you can move the cross hair seem a bit un fair.
not sure why there would be a restriction on where we are aloud to Aim... should be aloud to aim any where. :?
Ancientwayz

PreviousNext

Return to Tutorials