New to Attack on Titan? Here's some tips

Place tutorials of any kind here. 〆(・∀・@)
- Accelevi
Forum rules
Forget-me-not.

Re: New to Attack on Titan? Here's some tips

Postby Ghosthunter » Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:35 pm

Ancientwayz wrote:TPS mode is Limited and at a dis advantage cause there seems to be a Restriction as to how far you can move the cross hair seem a bit un fair.
not sure why there would be a restriction on where we are aloud to Aim... should be aloud to aim any where. :?

I use TPS all the time and my movement is precise and without any issues whatsoever.If you are having trouble with TPS simply try out the other camera modes.
Ghosthunter

Postby ErenKyojin » Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:40 pm

Ghosthunter wrote:
Ancientwayz wrote:TPS mode is Limited and at a dis advantage cause there seems to be a Restriction as to how far you can move the cross hair seem a bit un fair.
not sure why there would be a restriction on where we are aloud to Aim... should be aloud to aim any where. :?

I use TPS all the time and my movement is precise and without any issues whatsoever.If you are having trouble with TPS simply try out the other camera modes.

People just dislike the Inability to look up and down fully, but honestly i feel like its perfectly fine because I never need to look straight up or down
ErenKyojin

Postby MysteriousPerson » Wed Oct 23, 2013 10:19 pm

ErenKyojin wrote:People just dislike the Inability to look up and down fully, but honestly i feel like its perfectly fine because I never need to look straight up or down

yep , and i used to play fps games where the crosshair stays in the middle
can't get used to moving crosshair :lol:
MysteriousPerson

Postby TataBlitz » Thu Oct 24, 2013 5:26 am

so I used to play fps games all the time then I started playing this game. I got used to default because I like the broader view and accuracy on hooks, then I decided to play a game of cs again, I suck horribly now :(
TataBlitz

Postby Suraru » Thu Oct 24, 2013 10:13 pm

I use FPS and sometimes normal.

If I need to scale a wall, normal. If I need to kill a titan, FPS. I'm a lot more accurate with FPS, but when I have to do some strange maneuvering, I use the normal camera because it doesn't have restrictions.
Do I even English sometimes?
"Points hurt, stay pointless!"

OH SHIT MAN! IT'S THE ADMIN!
Suraru
Forum Major

Formerly: Smitty

Postby RancorSnp » Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:34 am

TPS only has view restrictions, not to make default setings completely useless ;)
RancorSnp

Postby Xeare204 » Tue Oct 29, 2013 7:07 pm

TPS is superior for immersion. If you're jumping around at speeds the same as what you see in the anime, your view is going to be all over the place as well. TPS doesn't even replicate half of the FoV seizures that you would have with a real set of 3DMG, and yet camera still goes nuts with high level TPS play. And this isn't even a bad thing, as it makes it so that elite players who move quickly can use their 3DMG in amazing ways that look absurd and wrecks titans. Not unlike the anime. I think TPS is more accurate as well, and it's limited view is pretty much irrelevant, as any issues that /may/ pop up from limited view actually have solutions that benefit the player.
Xeare204

Postby AttilaThePun » Wed Oct 30, 2013 3:51 am

yuyuhoho wrote:a good rule of thumb is to pay attention to the positioning of your character as opposed to the hooks
try different hook placements, to see how it moves your character, and just keep trying until you can reenact anime-like moves.
Sometimes aiming the hooks right at the nape is not the best setup for a kill.
After getting used to the game's physics, maneuvering your character will only get easier.

Mm hmm. As a general rule, don't hook to where you want to go, even though it's the hooks that pull you. Hook to the point you need to loop around to get to where you want to go. I almost never hook directly to the nape; instead, slashing while moving sideways quickly is more effective and yields higher damage numbers. It is difficult to do, especially if you're new, but it's good to keep in mind what you're doing and where you need to loop around to get to the back of the neck. I find that the points I hook to most are the shoulders, forehead, and mid-back, but that's just me.
AttilaThePun

Postby Accelevi » Wed Oct 30, 2013 8:44 pm

If you're far from a Titan, hook lower, and then let momentum carry you, and wire up to nape and do a flyby.
If you're right next to it, hook up high for momentum up, then drop to nape and slash.
That should be about it.

Sig courtesy of Zarythe <3

C A D E A U X
Accelevi
« Administrator »

Postby Xeare204 » Wed Oct 30, 2013 11:11 pm

It's just getting a feel for where hooking will take you, and where it will take you based on whether or not you are boosting in addition to how jumping before hand affects your trajectory.
Xeare204

PreviousNext

Return to Tutorials