New to Attack on Titan? Here's some tips

Place tutorials of any kind here. 〆(・∀・@)
- Accelevi
Forum rules
Forget-me-not.

Re: New to Attack on Titan? Here's some tips

Postby Levi » Thu Oct 31, 2013 1:30 am

Accelevi wrote:Nah, just getting rid of competition. ^^

'Competition?' vat.
Levi

Postby Accelevi » Thu Oct 31, 2013 1:35 am

Your name. <3

Sig courtesy of Zarythe <3

C A D E A U X
Accelevi
« Administrator »

Postby Levi » Thu Oct 31, 2013 1:53 am

BUT YOURS IS COOLER.
Levi

Postby Blackhunter » Thu Oct 31, 2013 1:23 pm

and yea,spams
"facepalm"
i wonder what may happen if no on reply here
the thread may go to second page...
Blackhunter

Postby Z.E.D » Thu Oct 31, 2013 1:31 pm

Just a question guys have you tried the " elastic kill"? I f the titan is facing you and is far enough , you hook his neck then while you are reeling towards him , press gas , ( in TPS mode ) , then aim on either side of the neck and up a certain angle to leave a gap at least as large as the head , keep pressing gas and stay hooked, and at the right moment strike and your character will spin around the titans neck hitting the nape and dealing considerable damage , I got about 400 / 1000+ damage doing this. it's really useful when the titan has spotted you and you don't want to keep going around him
Z.E.D

Postby RedDingo777 » Thu Oct 31, 2013 5:42 pm

A Titan's attack behavior can be manipulated by the spacial relation to the Player. For instance flying close over the head may make it attempt an upper front grab. It will do a shoulder bite or grab if you are just beside its head. There is an opening in the chop combo directly above its head. Exploiting these maneuvers will all you to gain an opening if you could not sneak kill your target. It's crucial to not linger in the same spot for too long when within range of a Titan's attack (5 seconds on Normal, 2.5 seconds on Hard). Keep moving.

This can be particularly difficult when you engage groups of 3 or more alone. The best bet is to thin that number before they spot you. Chances are that you will only managed to kill one before drawing the attention of the others but it is not impossible to sneak kill everyone of them if you are lucky. Barring that, you need to take measures that avoid flying into one Titan's reach just after killing another. This is best done depending on the circumstances. In groups of sufficiently varied sizes, killing the largest Titan first will give you better odds of avoiding retaliation from the smaller ones. However groups of similar to uniform heights are best dealt with by herding into a line formation and quickly killing the one at the end of that before the others have a chance to turn around. This is still very difficult but doable with enough dexterity.

The second choice is to split the group apart. Catch the attention of one Titan and draw it out of view of the others before killing it. This is arguably the safest method but also the most time consuming. Another method is to use the structures divide the group as they are pursuing you. Titans always take the most direct route to reach their target causing them to walk in to buildings that obstruct their path. With good positioning, you can single out one Titan while the other two are blocked by terrain. At the time of this writing, it is also possible for Titans over a story tall to walk on top of buildings and overall this form of splitting the herd may become useless if the pathfinding AI is upgraded in future updates.

Overall, control of the sky is key. The ground should just be a temporary landing spot in lieu of better options. The only real threat when you're flying is the jump bite that Abnormals perform on harder difficulties.

Then again, I probably know nothing since it still takes a lot of tries to clear Hard.
RedDingo777

Postby MysteriousPerson » Thu Oct 31, 2013 9:33 pm

and for some player that new to the games, if you're not used to 3dmg yet, just used Suraru ABCD method (approach, bait (dodge), climb, and destroy) :lol:
MysteriousPerson

Postby Xeare204 » Fri Nov 01, 2013 1:04 am

Hmm, so when are you considered "good" at this game? When you can complete abnormal city 2 within a try or two (where I'm at right now), or what?
Xeare204

Postby TataBlitz » Fri Nov 01, 2013 4:51 am

I'd say it varies from person to person, since I usually play MP, my "good" would be roughly a 5-1 kdr or at least a 10-15 k-d spread on hard mode city I
TataBlitz

Postby MysteriousPerson » Fri Nov 01, 2013 5:07 am

Xeare204 wrote:Hmm, so when are you considered "good" at this game? When you can complete abnormal city 2 within a try or two (where I'm at right now), or what?

for me, as long as the kill count is more than death count :lol:
MysteriousPerson

PreviousNext

Return to Tutorials