Proper Titan Killing: 101

Place tutorials of any kind here. 〆(・∀・@)
- Accelevi
Forum rules
Forget-me-not.

Proper Titan Killing: 101

Postby Yoon » Sun Sep 22, 2013 4:37 am

I've been playing this game a lot ever since the first update.
I enjoyed re-adjusting to the new physics that Feng codes when new exciting upates came out.

I'm not sure if this is even a tutorial, I guess I would call it tips on how to improve and get more efficient kills with high damage.

I think the latest update is great, and now that we can see a little more below us, we can strike from above.
Gas control and precise 3DMG performance is key, and in order to get badass kill like in the anime, you have to practice.
most of it is just getting used to how the game works.

In all honesty, the only way to get Pro kills is if you master positioning.
I really wanted to control jump/gas with "spacebar", because personally I found it hard to control the gas precisely with "L-shift".
And now I changed my key configuration - I control 3DMG entirely with the mouse.
Below, I focus on where/how my character is moving. Levi's special is determined by the direction/speed you are going.

I wanted another way to position my character mid-air aside from the hooks -
GAS control is an excellent way to fine tune your positioning.

As you can see, here I used the gas to veer around the titan when it turns to face me.

A lot of beginner-leveled players pay too much attention to their hooks and where they are hooking - they most likely miss the kill on the first try.

A more experienced player will focus more on the positioning of his/her character and will be very selective as to when to use hooks and gas. See how it moves your character when you hook in certain positions and certain different timings.

There are more experimental-players who really push the limits of the physics in this game in order to achieve a more crafty, smoother kill.

My examples may not be the best, but it shows how it's much faster and easier to take down titans if you pay attention to positioning.
Yoon

Re: Proper Titan Killing: 101

Postby Blackhunter » Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:42 am

Thanks a lot
that will help new players and old players 2
and btw tips=tutorial
Blackhunter

Postby Turtwiggy » Sun Sep 22, 2013 12:02 pm

I love it, nice tips ^^
Turtwiggy

Postby MysteriousPerson » Sun Sep 22, 2013 12:14 pm

default mode making it seems easy :(
MysteriousPerson

Postby DasBolt » Sun Sep 22, 2013 4:11 pm

This is excellent! Keep up the good work!
DasBolt

Postby Yoon » Sun Sep 22, 2013 5:26 pm

MysteriousPerson wrote:default mode making it seems easy :(

oh yes, any other camera mode would make this virtually impossible.
Default is perfect for this game if you care about controlling every inch of movement.
But I do know of some people who play in TPS pretty well.
Yoon

Postby CrazyRay » Thu Oct 31, 2013 1:38 pm

Hats of to the author of this thread, simple quick guide and the gifs makes it better. Positioning is very important it's what gives us the edge against titans especially when you're in the air, i find it easier to kill titans at times by using buildings as another means of getting to the titans nape and use the 3DMG to move around the titans body until i get into the right position and angle so i can't hit it nicely.

And sometimes the constant attacks on Titans don't help, if you miss the first two stikes retreat and try again.
CrazyRay

Postby Yoon » Fri Nov 01, 2013 3:08 am

CrazyRay wrote:Hats of to the author of this thread, simple quick guide and the gifs makes it better. Positioning is very important it's what gives us the edge against titans especially when you're in the air, i find it easier to kill titans at times by using buildings as another means of getting to the titans nape and use the 3DMG to move around the titans body until i get into the right position and angle so i can't hit it nicely.

And sometimes the constant attacks on Titans don't help, if you miss the first two stikes retreat and try again.

I hardly ever hook onto a titan for leverage ... I mean why do that when there are static buildings near, a lot more hook-able.
I hate when people just hook straight to the nape, it doesn't look that cool.

Most of the fun in this game is from how we play it.
Yoon

Postby Ghosthunter » Fri Nov 01, 2013 3:23 am

Maybe i should put my dodge tutorial here too.

Ok this is what i do to dodge a titan.I wait for him to turn to me (if he's got his back turned to me then that's one dead titan)and for him to get a bit closer.Then i go to my right (the titan's left) because their slaps always start on their right side.Then i jump and shoot a hook in-front of me (behind him).When i'm half way there i release the first hook and shoot another one while using gas boost to do a half circle on the ground.Then i shoot my hooks on his back and kill him.There's also a vid that can show it to you better than i can explain it here.

Spoiler:
Ghosthunter

Postby Levi » Fri Nov 01, 2013 4:52 am

Ghosthunter wrote:Maybe i should put my dodge tutorial here too.

Ok this is what i do to dodge a titan.I wait for him to turn to me (if he's got his back turned to me then that's one dead titan)and for him to get a bit closer.Then i go to my right (the titan's left) because their slaps always start on their right side.Then i jump and shoot a hook in-front of me (behind him).When i'm half way there i release the first hook and shoot another one while using gas boost to do a half circle on the ground.Then i shoot my hooks on his back and kill him.There's also a vid that can show it to you better than i can explain it here.

Spoiler:

Really? I just like to linger on his face spamming the gas button thinking I'll go to his nape until I get grabbed. ):
Levi

Next

Return to Tutorials