Character Skills, Tips and other things

Place tutorials of any kind here. 〆(・∀・@)
- Accelevi
Forum rules
Forget-me-not.

Character Skills, Tips and other things

Postby Ignite » Sun Oct 06, 2013 3:58 am

This thread is to just let all the newbies know what each character's passive skill and special skill is. Even the speed(ground speed/air speed) and the amount of strikes per blades along with other tips and tricks.

EDIT: For the Speed in the air, I am only taking into account the speed without the gas boosters. Relating to the weight, the lower the weight, the easier it is for a character to change directions using the hooks.

Character Stats

Mikasa:
Speed: Fast/Mid
Weight: Average
Passive: -
Special: Slash down with blades (Difficulty: Mid)
Strikes per blade: 50
Remarks: I recommend this character the most when you are just starting out

Levi:
Speed: Fast/Fast
Weight: Light
Special: 360 Spin attack (Difficulty: Hard)
Strikes per blade: 100
Remarks: Hard character to use as the special is hard to master and the speed is hard to control

Armin:
Speed: Slow/Slow
Weight: Heavy
Special: ' Stuns' Titans (Difficulty: Easy)
Remarks: The special makes up for such a low speed and is easier to control for newbies

Jean:
Speed: Mid/Mid
Passive: Lower Gas Consumption
Special:Escape (Difficulty: Easy) (1 chance to do so)
Remarks: To cherish the special, try not to get beside the titan, in front of his tummy, behind him or close to his head[youtube][/youtube]. Use left click to use his special instead of right.

Marco:
Speed: Mid/Mid
Special: Attract (Difficulty:Easy)
Remarks: Special most useful in multiplayer, however is dangerous as titans will follow you around

Eren:
Speed: Average/Average
Special: Transform in to Titan Eren
Remarks: Reason why people might use Eren is becasue u can have the best of both worlds, you get to be a titan and u also get to be a human that can slash. It seems that eren uses a little bit less gas then others.

Petra:
Special: Vertical 360 Spin attack (Difficulty:High)
Remarks: Useful to kill a crawler from the side

Sasha:
Special: Eat a potato to increase speed by 3 times (lasts 10 seconds/20s cool down)
Remarks: Special most useful when out of gas to outrun titans, however is dangerous when the biggest crawlers are around.

Titan Eren:(Whelp) ._. <---- Seperate character from Eren
Speed: Fast(cant really judge)(this is in terms of titan speed)
Weight: - (cant judge)
Attack: Punch
Special: Kick
Remarks: May look very cool but is weird and hard to control for more experienced players as they are more used to controlling hooks and humans. Its special is mainly to kill the smaller titans as its normal attack cant reach them

TIPS
REMEMBER that this are just tips, you dont have to follow them, after you have become better at the game, you can have your own play style

1) When you are trying to go in for the kill, try not to stay close to the body of the Titan as now that their AI and moves have changed, there is no safe spot near the Titan. Try to slash his neck one time and use the gas boosters to get away immediately.
2) When in a 1 v 1 situation with a small or mid titan, get as close to him as possible towards the side and then dodge if he pauses for more then 1 second. Because if it pauses for 1 sec(normal mode only), it is going to attack. This way, you be towards his back and you can try to kill him. The timing for this can be hard to feel out at first but it gets easier when you move on.
3) When just starting out, it is best to fight one titan at a time and avoid abnormals unless you have no choice.
4) Once you have completed level 1 at least once, challenge yourself and try not to touch the ground at all, always stay in the air. This will help improve how you control your character. The suggested map for this is the forest.
5) DO NOT try to save gas by not pressing the shift button. It is actually more effective to use the gas to get around quicker because the longer your hooks stay 'outside', it takes up more gas then using the shift button to get around.
6)Cutting the eyes of titans gets you points not only that, it blinds them for a second(NO WAY! LOLOL) giving you a chance to strike. Although I have found out that u dont really need to go for the eye, if playing mulitplayer doing that might be a good idea in Hard or Abnormal difficulty.
7)The tilting of the characters may throw u off but you should just play it as it is, just focus on the crosshair. However if u play too many times, u may get a little sick, especially for the motion sickness people like me. I guess this helps make people not play too much (trolololol, hahahahahaha)

Want to let me know some other things you do? Comment them down below and I will be sure to add them in. Be sure to tell me down below if you find this helpful

If you are an expert, and you are looking for actual skills and not just tips, go here @ http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIOia8W ... ture=watch (tell Nan Dong, Ignite sent you) I used his Levi special guide to learn how to use the special, so this is to say thanks.

Special thanks to Peanuts and NaN for the information you have provided
Last edited by Ignite on Sun Nov 17, 2013 12:07 am, edited 17 times in total.
Ignite

Re: Character Skills

Postby MysteriousPerson » Sun Oct 06, 2013 4:20 am

i think levi and mikasa have the same speed.
and what is the meaning after the slash (Fast/Fast <-- this one)

EDITED : oh nevermind, i think all character can have the same air speed, since they can use gas booster
MysteriousPerson

Postby Peanuts » Sun Oct 06, 2013 4:23 am

This guide is great, but it's in the wrong section, XD

Moving to tutorials, this is probably a tutorial to knowing the characters better
Peanuts

Postby Shadowstar » Sun Oct 06, 2013 4:34 am

nice guide

maybe you can add blade durability as well? i read at some topic that every characters has different blade durability, not sure if its true though
Shadowstar

Postby Ignite » Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:15 am

I have asked Fenglee before, he says that levi is faster in the air then mikasa and armin moves the most slowest
Ignite

Re: Character Skills, Tips and other things

Postby Blackhunter » Sun Oct 06, 2013 10:09 am

thanks for the guide
that will help a lot
Blackhunter

Postby Ignite » Sun Oct 06, 2013 10:59 am

Shadowstar wrote:nice guide

maybe you can add blade durability as well? i read at some topic that every characters has different blade durability, not sure if its true though

Not sure if there is difference in blade durability usage between characters
Ignite

Postby Peanuts » Sun Oct 06, 2013 11:14 am

I just tried this out, testing the durability of the blades

Seems like I found sth unexpected, or expected XD

Under standard conditions of hitting 1 titan's leg:

Levi's blades breaks after 100 slashes
While the others break after 50

This is the same for Normal, Hard, and Abnormal modes
Peanuts