Character Skills, Tips and other things

Place tutorials of any kind here. 〆(・∀・@)
- Accelevi
Forum rules
Forget-me-not.

Re: Character Skills, Tips and other things

Postby Fuginotory » Tue Oct 08, 2013 8:06 pm

I'm not sure where you got the information about this, but when using 3DMG it feels (to me anyway) like Mikasa is slower then the others. Is there an accurate way to check it out? Also, is there some information we can get about gas consumption, because aside form Armin, Mikasa seems to be using it up faster then the rest.
Fuginotory

Postby MysteriousPerson » Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:21 pm

Fuginotory wrote:I'm not sure where you got the information about this, but when using 3DMG it feels (to me anyway) like Mikasa is slower then the others. Is there an accurate way to check it out? Also, is there some information we can get about gas consumption, because aside form Armin, Mikasa seems to be using it up faster then the rest.

well u can hook to some high placce, and hold the shift button to check it.
MysteriousPerson

Postby Peanuts » Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:04 am

I could probably do a test for all characters to see their gas usage duration, as just hooking also consumes gas lol (weird and wrong but true >_<)

By using 1 hook on the wall w/o gas booster, but it would take too much time lol, and time is 1 factor I currently don't have :cry:

P.S @ Ignite It's Peanuts, not Peanut XD haha
Peanuts

Postby Ignite » Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:52 am

Sorry I edited le :D
For the speed of Mikasa, Armin and Levi, I asked Fenglee about these. So they should be accurate, unless Fenglee changed the speed of Mikasa, I dont think there should be any problem.

Edit: I just tested Mikasa's gas consumption. Under the condition of constant gas usuage until it is comepletely wiped out, it is 195 seconds. Levi has 240s of time to use gas constantly, I will try the other characters tomorrow cause I have to study :shock:
Ignite

Postby Fuginotory » Wed Oct 09, 2013 3:50 pm

I was asking because I tested the speed yesterday and it felt like Mikasa was as fast as Armin, though I'm probably just really used to her. Jean felt a bit faster, and Levi was notably faster then the rest, then I remembered I saw this thread and thought I'd ask. Thanks.

Edit: As per MysteriousPerson's advice, I tested it myself in consistent conditions (from levels and difficulty to the distance the cable/s is/are shot from) and I got some interesting results. It seems that there is a difference when hooked with one hook and two hooks. I used the in game timer and subtracted the time it took me to start the count and shot the cables from 115 ft with each character (there were inconsistencies of 1-2 seconds between characters, which I contribute to human error). Here are the results:

Mikasa: One Hook 250 sec; Two Hooks 165 sec
Levi: One Hook 250 sec; Two Hooks 165 sec
Armin: One Hook 250 sec; Two Hooks 165 sec
Marco: One Hook 250 sec; Two Hooks 165 sec
Jean: One Hook 500 sec; Two Hooks 335 sec

This meant that staying hooked consumes gas, so I tested and it turned out to be true, and it consumes a lot of gas, about as much as holding down the gas button while flying (staying hooked on both hooks consumes it faster).

I also tested the speed of the characters, and aside from Levi, all of them seem to be moving at the same speed, Armin's speed (which is considerably slower than Levi, and means that unless Feng made them like this, there could be a bug in there somewhere). I'm not sure how accurate it is though, I essentially tested the time it took me to get from the start to the gas depot at level 2, and I got 9 seconds for everyone other then Levi, who only needed 6. I did ten runs with each character.
Fuginotory

Postby MysteriousPerson » Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:54 pm

Fuginotory wrote:I was asking because I tested the speed yesterday and it felt like Mikasa was as fast as Armin, though I'm probably just really used to her. Jean felt a bit faster, and Levi was notably faster then the rest, then I remembered I saw this thread and thought I'd ask. Thanks.

Edit: As per MysteriousPerson's advice, I tested it myself in consistent conditions (from levels and difficulty to the distance the cable/s is/are shot from) and I got some interesting results. It seems that there is a difference when hooked with one hook and two hooks. I used the in game timer and subtracted the time it took me to start the count and shot the cables from 115 ft with each character (there were inconsistencies of 1-2 seconds between characters, which I contribute to human error). Here are the results:

This meant that staying hooked consumes gas, so I tested and it turned out to be true, and it consumes a lot of gas, about as much as holding down the gas button while flying (staying hooked on both hooks consumes it faster).

I also tested the speed of the characters, and aside from Levi, all of them seem to be moving at the same speed, Armin's speed (which is considerably slower than Levi, and means that unless Feng made them like this, there could be a bug in there somewhere). I'm not sure how accurate it is though, I essentially tested the time it took me to get from the start to the gas depot at level 2, and I got 9 seconds for everyone other then Levi, who only needed 6. I did ten runs with each character.

holy fuck jean 500 sec ? i thought it was only 20-30%, godamit dat passive :?
MysteriousPerson

Postby Ignite » Thu Oct 10, 2013 10:08 am

I cant really add it in cause this thread is about the traits and other things. Also I would not know what to name it as. Sorry for all the time you wasted. Also, Armin is definitely slower then the other characters so yeah...
Ignite

Postby Peanuts » Thu Oct 10, 2013 10:20 am

Ignite wrote:I cant really add it in cause this thread is about the traits and other things. Also I would not know what to name it as. Sorry for all the time you wasted. Also, Armin is definitely slower then the other characters so yeah...

Just change the title to Characters' Skills/Tips/Traits and other things

And the gas consumption duration could be labelled as their skills or sth, since it relates to the blades durability

MysteriousPerson wrote:holy fuck jean 500 sec ? i thought it was only 20-30%, godamit dat passive :?

Well, Levi's blades were also twice of the others, thus it wouldn't be surprising that Feng just doubles Jean's passive XD
But then again, I thought It was only a 50% increase for Jean lol, the 100% again reassures that using Jean as my main is correct :D

Fuginotory wrote:
Spoiler:
I was asking because I tested the speed yesterday and it felt like Mikasa was as fast as Armin, though I'm probably just really used to her. Jean felt a bit faster, and Levi was notably faster then the rest, then I remembered I saw this thread and thought I'd ask. Thanks.

Wow, I'm sure all of us appreciate your hard work ^_^
Thanks for taking the time to experiment all this
Peanuts

Postby Fuginotory » Thu Oct 10, 2013 12:39 pm

Yeah, not a problem, I was curious. Anyway, I was able to figure out why it felt like Mikasa and Armin use more gas than Levi. After realizing that staying hooked consumes gas I figured that since Mikasa and Armin take longer to reel themselves in, they stay hooked longer and thus use more gas. Basically what I'm saying is that mashing the gas button will actually be more efficient than trying to save gas (I tried that too and it is confirmed).
Fuginotory

Postby MysteriousPerson » Thu Oct 10, 2013 8:42 pm

Fuginotory wrote:Yeah, not a problem, I was curious. Anyway, I was able to figure out why it felt like Mikasa and Armin use more gas than Levi. After realizing that staying hooked consumes gas I figured that since Mikasa and Armin take longer to reel themselves in, they stay hooked longer and thus use more gas. Basically what I'm saying is that mashing the gas button will actually be more efficient than trying to save gas (I tried that too and it is confirmed).

can you do a experiment again to see if pressing WSAD button while holding the left shift button is affecting gas consumption ? :D
MysteriousPerson

PreviousNext

Return to Tutorials