Character Skills, Tips and other things

Place tutorials of any kind here. 〆(・∀・@)
- Accelevi
Forum rules
Forget-me-not.

Re: Character Skills, Tips and other things

Postby Fuginotory » Fri Oct 11, 2013 11:17 am

MysteriousPerson wrote:can you do a experiment again to see if pressing WSAD button while holding the left shift button is affecting gas consumption ? :D

Done: Holding direction keys does not seem to affect gas consumption (Holding "S" which is walking back does make it feel like you use up more gas because you move super slow, it also makes the controls all screwy sometimes), though I did find that you can alter your direction and trajectory by turning the camera in TPS and WOW camera modes while using gas.
Fuginotory

Postby =_= » Sun Oct 13, 2013 5:07 pm

Does anyone know if Characters have different sword reach? I alternate between Levi and Jean and find it easier to do flyby's with Jean; he seems to have a longer sword reach. Regular attack, btw.
=_=

Postby MysteriousPerson » Sun Oct 13, 2013 9:07 pm

Fuginotory wrote:
MysteriousPerson wrote:can you do a experiment again to see if pressing WSAD button while holding the left shift button is affecting gas consumption ?

Done: Holding direction keys does not seem to affect gas consumption (Holding "S" which is walking back does make it feel like you use up more gas because you move super slow, it also makes the controls all screwy sometimes), though I did find that you can alter your direction and trajectory by turning the camera in TPS and WOW camera modes while using gas.

eeh, it doesnt affected ? , i always thought somehow it affecting the gas consumption :? .
well thx for clarifing it :D
MysteriousPerson

Postby Ignite » Mon Oct 14, 2013 3:32 pm

For the sword length. The shorter the character, the shorter the blade. For example, Levi is shorter then Mikasa thus the blades are shorter. So it is harder to do flybys or equator cuts. Did not include this because I did not want to confuse the newbies
Ignite

Postby =_= » Mon Oct 14, 2013 7:27 pm

Ignite wrote:For the sword length. The shorter the character, the shorter the blade. For example, Levi is shorter then Mikasa thus the blades are shorter. So it is harder to do flybys or equator cuts. Did not include this because I did not want to confuse the newbies

Ah, makes sense. Thanks man, that cleared it up for me!
That means every character except Levi have the same reach, right?
=_=

Postby Ignite » Fri Nov 15, 2013 2:24 am

Updated eren and titan eren from the update, however have not done everything please wait while i test. Sorry i took so long i didnt know the update came out.
Ignite

Postby Fuginotory » Sat Nov 16, 2013 9:46 am

I did some testing after the update to see if there is any change with the characters, and to see what Eren is like, I also came up with a way to test the reach of each character, and their dodge. Here is the result:

Note: SPB means "Strikes Per Blade"

Eren: One Hook 225 sec; Two hooks 150 sec; SPB 50; Reach 3; Dodge 6
Levi: One Hook 250 sec; Two Hooks 165 sec; SPB 100; Reach 3; Dodge 6
Armin: One Hook 250 sec; Two Hooks 165 sec; SPB 50; Reach 3; Dodge 5
Mikasa: One Hook 250 sec; Two Hooks 165 sec; SPB 50; Reach 3; Dodge 7
Marco: One Hook 250 sec; Two Hooks 165 sec; SPB 50; Reach 3; Dodge 7
Jean: One Hook 500 sec; Two Hooks 335 sec; SPB 50; Reach 3; Dodge 7

So it looks like Eren users will have less gas then the others, but I suppose that makes sense considering that his special can not only save a lot of gas, but also clear a lot of titans. Enjoy.
Fuginotory

Postby Accelevi » Sat Nov 16, 2013 10:43 pm

Nice collection.
Post it in AOG facts? (If you already did, I didn't notice, because there's a lot of threads, and I'm still reading them).
You certainly seem to have a lot of free time. lol

Sig courtesy of Zarythe <3

C A D E A U X
Accelevi
« Administrator »

Postby TataBlitz » Sun Nov 17, 2013 4:41 am

so kuma and I tested speed b/w mikasa and eren, they share the exact same air and ground speed
TataBlitz

Postby Blizzard2795 » Sun Nov 17, 2013 9:51 am

As for gas usage, I posted in the AoTTG thread yesterday with a bit more precise information on the gas consumption rates, along with taking more factors into consideration, and explaing it a bit more, so I thought I'd just post it here.
This post: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4709&start=260#p51952 and the first post on the next page.
I also tested out the walking speeds and dodges today, and I'm not entirely sure on how you came up with the current numbers, but most of the information involving it in this thread is incorrect. Once again, for an in depth explanation of it, check this post: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4709&start=270#p52394
I plan on testing out the air speeds/rates of acceleration for each character tomorrow, so I'll do a similar post here with the results once I'm done with it, if you want.

On a side note, I would've linked directly to the second post as well, but there's apparently a URL max of 2 per post xD
Blizzard2795

PreviousNext

Return to Tutorials