Character Skills, Tips and other things

Place tutorials of any kind here. 〆(・∀・@)
- Accelevi
Forum rules
Forget-me-not.

Re: Character Skills, Tips and other things

Postby Foxen » Sun Nov 17, 2013 10:23 am

Spoiler:
Fuginotory wrote:I did some testing after the update to see if there is any change with the characters, and to see what Eren is like, I also came up with a way to test the reach of each character, and their dodge. Here is the result:

Note: SPB means "Strikes Per Blade"

Eren: One Hook 225 sec; Two hooks 150 sec; SPB 50; Reach 3; Dodge 6
Levi: One Hook 250 sec; Two Hooks 165 sec; SPB 100; Reach 3; Dodge 6
Armin: One Hook 250 sec; Two Hooks 165 sec; SPB 50; Reach 3; Dodge 5
Mikasa: One Hook 250 sec; Two Hooks 165 sec; SPB 50; Reach 3; Dodge 7
Marco: One Hook 250 sec; Two Hooks 165 sec; SPB 50; Reach 3; Dodge 7
Jean: One Hook 500 sec; Two Hooks 335 sec; SPB 50; Reach 3; Dodge 7

So it looks like Eren users will have less gas then the others, but I suppose that makes sense considering that his special can not only save a lot of gas, but also clear a lot of titans. Enjoy.

Jean's the only character I play, and I'm fairly certain that his SPB is 20 at best.
Foxen

Postby Fuginotory » Sun Nov 17, 2013 1:53 pm

Blizzard2795 wrote:As for gas usage, I posted in the AoTTG thread yesterday with a bit more precise information on the gas consumption rates, along with taking more factors into consideration, and explaing it a bit more, so I thought I'd just post it here.
This post: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4709&start=260#p51952 and the first post on the next page.
I also tested out the walking speeds and dodges today, and I'm not entirely sure on how you came up with the current numbers, but most of the information involving it in this thread is incorrect. Once again, for an in depth explanation of it, check this post: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4709&start=270#p52394
I plan on testing out the air speeds/rates of acceleration for each character tomorrow, so I'll do a similar post here with the results once I'm done with it, if you want.

On a side note, I would've linked directly to the second post as well, but there's apparently a URL max of 2 per post xD

The posts you made about the gas consumption say the exact same thing I said here. 2 minutes and 47 sec is 167 sec. I rounded down the numbers a bit due to possibility of human error, and I tested each character twice. This is a summed up version of everything I tested using the in-game timer and distance meter. My testing was to give approximate time you have if you hold down the gas button constantly and use only one or both hooks. I also found that just staying hooked costs gas, and each hook uses up about the same amount of gas per second as holding the gas button down, meaning that if you hook with both hooks and hold the button down you use up the gas for 3 hooks The point wasn't to test the mechanic to the bone, it was to gain some idea of how much gas each character has. The testing conditions were the same for each character. Fixed it looks like this.

Eren: One Hook 225 sec; Two hooks 150 sec; SPB 50; Reach 3; Dodge 16
Levi: One Hook 250 sec; Two Hooks 165 sec; SPB 100; Reach 3; Dodge 16
Armin: One Hook 250 sec; Two Hooks 165 sec; SPB 50; Reach 3; Dodge 15
Mikasa: One Hook 250 sec; Two Hooks 165 sec; SPB 50; Reach 3; Dodge 17
Marco: One Hook 250 sec; Two Hooks 165 sec; SPB 50; Reach 3; Dodge 17
Jean: One Hook 500 sec; Two Hooks 335 sec; SPB 50; Reach 3; Dodge 17

As for the dodge distance I have not added the "1" before each number because I've made a mistake while writing it down, but I have noticed that sometimes Eren and Levi can fall a bit short, but I'm not sure if it has anything to do with something I do, and I gave the lower number. I came up with these numbers the same way I imagine you did, I went up to a wall and dodged backwards, then I subtracted 2 from the result because the distance meter registers 2 feet when you can go no further. For Mikasa, Jean and Marco the result was 19 (19-2=17), Eren and Levi got 18 half the time (18-2=16) and Armin got 17 (17-2=15).

The SPB was tested the simplest way I could think of, go into training, find a 15 meter class titan and slash away at his foot until the blades brake. Count each strike as 1. I used the same size titan for everyone just in case, and that is the result. The reach is tested and counted without the forward step, the step forward is 4 feet, and the maximum range the blades connect is 3 feet (again this is tested on the largest titans). On the smaller titans it only reached at 2 feet, but the number I gave was the maximum reach, and the point was not to see how much it is, but to see if there is a difference between how far the characters reach with their attacks, because I saw someone asking here somewhere.

From what I gather, the author of this thread asked Feng about the air and ground speed of the characters, and I've not commented on it because I've not found any reliable way to test it myself, and I don't have the luxury of multi-player testing.

Overall, I wouldn't say it's inaccurate, or incorrect, I just didn't waste my time with pointless counting and math, I just gave the simple version, and if you take a look at your info and mine, you will see that it is the same. I look forward to seeing what you come up with though, any testing you do and results you can give will be welcome.
Fuginotory

Postby Blizzard2795 » Sun Nov 17, 2013 7:45 pm

You misunderstood stood me. I just meant the information about the character's walking speed was incorrect. As I said, I just posted the gas consumption information, because I explained it a lot more, I took more factors into consideration, such as the gas button, and made sure to keep it precise as possible instead of rounding. I also don't doubt the spb of characters in the slightest.
Blizzard2795

Postby Foxen » Sun Nov 17, 2013 7:49 pm

Seriously though. Jean doesn't have nearly 50 strikes on his blades, this list is inaccurate... -_-
Foxen

Postby Blizzard2795 » Sun Nov 17, 2013 9:04 pm

Checked it all out, and as expected, you're ground spb's for each character were spot on. There were two other factors you didn't take into consideration though. While in the air, characters use up their blades twice as fast, leaving you with only 50 spb for Levi, and 25 spb for every other character. Interestingly enough, while holding gas, there seems to be a thirty six percent chance of not using up blade durability at all.
Last edited by Blizzard2795 on Sun Nov 17, 2013 9:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Blizzard2795

Postby Foxen » Sun Nov 17, 2013 9:23 pm

Spoiler:
Blizzard2795 wrote:Checked it all out, and as expected, you're ground spb's for each character were spot on. There were two other factors you didn't take into consideration though. While in the air, characters use up their blades twice as fast, leaving you with only 50 spb for Levi, and 25 spb for every other character. Interestingly enough, while holding gas, their seems to be a thirty six percent chance of not using up blade durability at all.

These are highly interesting discoveries, especially the part I put in red. Good work! I'd never have guessed it worked in such a way. I guess if you cut while gassing there's a chance your cut is so clean it doesn't use up durability, I suppose. Very cool.
Foxen

Postby Fuginotory » Sun Nov 17, 2013 10:13 pm

Oh, most of it wasn't meant for you, sorry about that, I was just explaining how I came up with all of it in case anyone had any other questions. I had no idea that blades were used up twice as fast in the air, or the chance to avoid damaging them with gas. That's actually pretty cool... I wonder though, how did you test it, normally when I try to test that I end up hitting two or three times with one slash, and it feels like I can destroy the blades in less than 10 hits (which I don't think can be done unless you use only special attacks "Levicopter" or "Mikasa's IC"... The "C" part of it anyway).

I had my doubts about the difference in ground speed, but as I said, I have no way to test it accurately enough. It did feel like Armin was the only one who moves like a slug, and it shows in his dodge, as it is a lot shorter. I think the dodge has been increased in the last update though, sometimes it feels like it goes further then before, it also feels like 3DMG is overall faster then before, but that might be due to the new camera's dynamic effect.
Fuginotory

Postby Blizzard2795 » Sun Nov 17, 2013 11:51 pm

I just hooked onto the lower back of a titan, and kept slashing. On a rare occasion the blades would break slightly faster, or slightly longer, most likely due to hitting multiple times on a slash, but the majority of the tests ended in it breaking at exactly 25 hits.
Blizzard2795

Postby Fuginotory » Mon Nov 18, 2013 9:37 am

I just tried that, I also tried flying around the back using IC to turn faster, your way I got 23, the other way I got 47... I think it really is hitting multiple times, it looks like there are more blood splashes.

EDIT: I just managed to take a screenshot where you can clearly see that it hits twice. It's on the hand, but I managed to confirm that the case is the same on the back. I think that is why it looks like there are less hits in the air.
Fuginotory

Postby Blizzard2795 » Mon Nov 18, 2013 5:20 pm

Interesting. I'm curious if it still usually hits twice when you're actually playing the game, and not just hitting the same place while mostly stationary.
Blizzard2795

PreviousNext

Return to Tutorials