Character Skills, Tips and other things

Place tutorials of any kind here. 〆(・∀・@)
- Accelevi
Forum rules
Forget-me-not.

Re: Character Skills, Tips and other things

Postby Fuginotory » Mon Nov 18, 2013 7:54 pm

I've actually kept my eyes open for this all day while playing, and I'm certain that this is the case, because I've mostly been looking at the splashes. Most of the time they are two, the lowest scores have two or three, the highest scores are the ones that only connect ones, these are the scores beyond 800. I think these hits are the ones that avoid using durability, or rather, they damage the blades so little, that you can't really notice it.
Fuginotory

Postby Accelevi » Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:34 pm

How many rotations does Levi have for his special?

Sig courtesy of Zarythe <3

C A D E A U X
Accelevi
« Administrator »

Postby Blizzard2795 » Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:47 pm

It's three times. I won't even BEGIN to explain the horribly complicated and time consuming process that I used to figure this out.
Blizzard2795

Postby Accelevi » Mon Nov 18, 2013 9:19 pm

>.>
[sarcasm detected]
It's because I thought he spun more if he was moving faster.

C A D E A U X
Accelevi
« Administrator »

Postby Fuginotory » Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:51 pm

Nope, it's three at any speed, but the faster you go the further you reach, and each spin seems to hit twice, and each hit connects 2 or 3 times, which explains why Levi has such high blade durability, otherwise his blades would break every time you miss the nape and end up slashing the titan's back.
Fuginotory

Postby Accelevi » Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:52 pm

Blade durability seemed to reflect his skill in canon I thought. =o
But it makes sense that way as well.
Thanks anyway. ^^

C A D E A U X
Accelevi
« Administrator »

Postby Blizzard2795 » Wed Nov 20, 2013 5:43 am

This might be known already, since it's extremely simple to figure out, but I haven't really seen it anywhere. Marco's ability has a range of one hundred meters. Something else interesting I found out while testing this was that the distance on the cursor isn't actually related to your character. It seems to be the center of the camera that it's basing it off of.
Blizzard2795

Postby Fuginotory » Wed Nov 20, 2013 5:48 pm

I knew about Marco, but I didn't know about the camera. One good fact deserves another.The maximum effective range of the hook Levi uses in his special is 93 feet. Levi's special uses only the right hook, meaning that if it is occupied he will fire a ghost hook that does not do anything, though the full animation sequence will still play as normal (if both hooks are out, a third, ghost hook, will be fired, it will not do anything though).
Fuginotory

Postby Accelevi » Thu Nov 21, 2013 1:03 am

Levi's special uses only the right one?
I might be wrong here, but the Q/E, then letting go of E means having only the left hook, and then pressing the special key lets it work.

C A D E A U X
Accelevi
« Administrator »

Postby Fuginotory » Thu Nov 21, 2013 9:35 am

Default "E" is the right hook. Letting E go means you release the right hook, which lets you use the special.
There is a bug sometimes, that makes it look like both hooks are fired out of the right side, or that makes them come out of the opposite sides, but that is just a visual bug, the way they work is still the same.
There is also the thing where you can press both Q and E to hook something, then press and hold space to stay hooked there without having to hold Q and E. You can also hold either Q or E after using space to hook, in order to release one hook and go in the direction of the other (this is a very nice way to avoid hitting objects, or titan attacks).
Fuginotory

PreviousNext

Return to Tutorials