Official Introduction of Attack on Titan Tribute Game

Place tutorials of any kind here. 〆(・∀・@)
- Accelevi
Forum rules
Forget-me-not.

Postby NaN » Mon Oct 07, 2013 11:41 am

The text is translated from my Chinese version, which I wrote for encyclopedia.
Original Chinese version
中文版本请点击这里:
http://tieba.baidu.com/p/2629231520
The Chinese version made with fully communication with Fenglee. So I'm sure the content is all right.
As my problematic English, forum administrators can freely edit this introduction.
To any players, copying and pasting the text to anywhere else for advertising or introducing this game is fully permitted.

1. Introduction
Attack on Titan Tribute Game is an small independent web game.
The game is based on the fictitious world in anime and manga Attack on Titan.
The game is based on Unity3D engine.
AoTTG was developed from Jun.7 2013. The first beta version was released in Jun.9. The latest version is Oct.1.
The earlier versions are fully developed by Fenglee. The later versions are developed by Fenglee and JiangLi.
In this game you can control your character with the help of 3DMG (ropes and gas jet). Try to keep safe and slay the titans.
Multi-player game is allowed with LAN connection. Players can do teamwork to slay all the titans, or do competition with each other.
gameplay link: http://fenglee.com/game/aog

2. Versions
6.9 beta version
6.14 beta version 2
6.22 two ropes, add Mikasa's special
6.30 add abnormal titan, add titan's grabbing ability
7.7 add jump and dodge
7.14 add Levi, add city map, adjust physics environment
7.21 adjust Levi's special into balance
7.28 add Armin, add blade & gas system, adjust physics environment
7.29 adjust physics environment
----- versions before v0729 do have official download versions -----
----- versions after v0825 can only be played in the official gameplay website with the latest version ------
8.25 add hard mode, add multi-player game, add flares, add chatbox
9.14 new titan models, new titan AI, new city texture, add abnormal mode, add cage fight map
9.17 enhance the abnormal titan's AI
10.1 add Jean & Marco, add forest map, adjust front sight into white

3. Game Rules/Designs

3.1 Difficulties
normal mode: Titan's motion and actions are slow. Normal titans rarely do triple-punch. Abnormal titans have long lying period after swooping attack.
hard mode: Titans motion and actions are fast. Normal titans frequently do triple-punch. Abnormal titans have short lying period after swooping attack.
abnormal mode: All titans are abnormal titans. The abnormal titan is able to jump and eat characters when characters is flying over the titan's nape.
In addition: In normal or hard mode of multi-player game, there is low probability to spawn abnormal titans with jumping ability.

3.2 Map
Single game, success if you slay all the titans.
MP game City 1 Map, success if you slay all the titans, fail if all players die. No gas/blade supply.
MP game City 2 Map, success if you slay all the titans, fail if all players die at the same time. Free respawn and gas/blade supply.
MP game Cage Fighting Map: two players in two cages. Once one player killed a titan, one more titan spawn in his cage, two or more titans spawn in his competitor's cage (the number of titans are depended on the time). Player scores if his competitor dies. When time is up, the player with higher score wins. No gas/blade supply.
MP game Forest Map: players respawn. The number of titans in the map is constant as 15. Once a titan is killed, a new titan comes from the edge of the map. When time is up, compare the number of human's killing and titan's killing. No gas/blade supply. The abnormal titans have infinity sight in MP forest map.

3.3 Killing
A titan die only after his nape is cut.
If players cut anywhere else of titan's body, titan won't get hurt and players will lost blade endurance.
In multi-player game, the player getting caught by a titan can be saved by his teammates killing the titan.

3.4 Damage Score
Damage score is only for glory.
Damage score does not effect killing titans or winning games.
Damage score only depends on character's blade's velocity relative to titan's nape when killing the titan.
No parameter else effects the damage score.
(If you feel like something else affects the damage score, it's an indirect effect by affecting the velocity.

4. Operations

4.1 Operation Menu
Press "P", then you can see the operation menu.
The operation menu is mainly in English.

4.2 Camera
Three camera could be switched by pressing "C"
Default camera: the closer the front sight to the edge of the screen, the faster speed of turning camera.
WOW camera: the front sight does not effect camera. Turning camera is only made by right-click and dragging mouse.
TPS camera: the front sight is locked in the screen center.

4.3 Characters
Five characters provided in this game:

Mikasa: special skill "Chop", to reset inertia and gravity, chop down suddenly.
Levi: special skill "360 kill", to firstly shoot a rope, and do 360 kill to the aim. Moving direction is depended on rope dragging, inertia and gravity.
Armin: special skill "Cute", to make titans laugh and not moving.
Jean: special skill "Escape", to escape from titan's hand while being grabbed, able to use once in one round. passive special skill: lower gas and blade consumption than others.
Marco: special skill "Attract", to attract titans to attack him.

Last edited by NaN on Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:33 pm, edited 12 times in total.
NaN

Re: AoTTG game introduction for newbies

Postby Ignite » Mon Oct 07, 2013 11:49 am

Nice! Thanks for the translation. Also have you seen my pm? Why haven't you answered it? :D
Ignite

Postby NaN » Mon Oct 07, 2013 11:54 am

Ignite wrote:Nice! Thanks for the translation. Also have you seen my pm? Why haven't you answered it? :D

I replied your PM before translating my introduction into English and making this thread.
NaN

Postby Blackhunter » Mon Oct 07, 2013 11:57 am

Thanks for the introduction
Blackhunter

Postby MysteriousPerson » Mon Oct 07, 2013 1:43 pm

whoa i didnt know that forest mp have a constant 15 titans , they seemed everywhere :lol:
MysteriousPerson

Return to Tutorials