«★☆ Forum Rules/FAQ/Updates ☆★»

Place tutorials of any kind here. 〆(・∀・@)
- Accelevi
Forum rules
Forget-me-not.

«★☆ Forum Rules/FAQ/Updates ☆★»

Postby Accelevi » Sat Oct 12, 2013 8:58 pm

The Rules
Spoiler:
A. General
1. Staff have final say.
This goes without saying. Should be pretty easy to understand. If a moderator or an admin or the like requests something of you, you should listen to them. They will be reasonable. For example, if we ask you to stop arguing with another user, we expect you to stop. Don't argue with us unless there is an amazingly good reason. That is disrespectful, and you will get a warn each time this happens. If it is severe, you may get a ban as appropriate.

2. No making multiple accounts.
Self-explanatory. If any of the mods catch you, the extra account will be banned, and you will receive a three month ban. Second time, full and permanent ban of every type (IP, account, e-mail). If I catch you with an extra account, it will just be deleted.

3. Read the stickies and announcements.
Read them. They have important information. If something has been posted which is already mentioned in an announcement or sticky, it will be locked. If this happens frequently, you will get a warn or ban as needed.

4. Please make an initial post.
If you sign up, please make a post, as every so-and-so day at some given time, users who have never signed in, have 0 posts, and have joined before two days ago will be deleted. This will help to ensure that only mostly bots get deleted.

5. Read the first post of a thread before you post in it.
Read the first post of a thread before you post in it, as it probably has important things in it.
Those who don't are subject to whatever is necessary.

6. Do not use disposable e-mail sites to sign up.
As said, do not use any sort of disposable e-mail site to create an account. If you are caught, there will be extremely harsh punishments. I have banned as many disposable e-mail sites as I can find, however, this does not mean that you should go and find sites that are not banned, unless you yourself would like a very harsh ban.

B. Related to Content
A General Statement: If these are abused, but not to the point of bans, your posting privileges may be taken away for a while.

1. No inappropriate content.
Another obvious one. Even if language and some pictures might make it to PG-16, nothing beyond that should exist here. Excessive profanity will receive 2 warn points. Anything inappropriate besides that (you should get my drift) will result in an automatic ban for 3 months. A second time will result in a permanent IP ban (you will not be able to view the forum at all) as well as a permanent account ban and e-mail ban. Threads made to be humorous such as the SnK Humor Thread will have a bit more leniency, but still, nothing too serious.

2. Nothing illegal.
This is something which I shouldn't even have to explain. Nothing that breaks the law. We should not see pirating links, or anything of the like, nor are you allowed to give away others' information. It is private. This shall result in an automatic 3 month ban, the second, a full ban of IP, account, and e-mail.

3. No spamming.
Spam can be interpreted in various ways. On this forum, it shall be interpreted as something within these general lines:
• Making an excessive amount of short posts repeatedly.
• Posting twice in a row (double posting) within a 24-hour period in one thread, without anyone else's post in between.
• Posting in the wrong location.
• Intentionally driving a thread off-topic.
• Flooding a forum.
• Stalking members' threads or replies by constantly focusing or beating down on solely their posts.
• Making a thread or post which is identical or close enough to a thread which already exists.
• Having just a quote for a post.
• Having just a picture for a post if it is unrelated to the thread or topic.
• Posting excessively to gain post count. (If this happens, I will be notified and your post count will be disabled for a period of time which the staff will decide)
• One-word posts/Short-posts
• Post only consisting of "I agree", "Thanks", "Yes", or something similar which does not help
• Thread titles like "Please Read", "Important", "My Ideas", etc
• Something within these general lines
Each time this happens, you will get a warn and the post will be deleted or if it's a title, edited appropriately.

4. No trolling.
Trolling can be interpreted in many ways, like spamming. This includes, but is not limited to flaming or any posts of the like which are meant to provoke a user. Harassment of any sort shall result in a 7 day ban, the second infraction will be a permanent IP and account ban.

5. Don't necrobump.
Don't post in a thread that is more than a month old. If you own the thread, you may post in it only if it adds something constructive which has not already been discussed by newer threads. If you do it more than like 5 times, you will receive a seven day ban. If you do it even more times after that, you will get a month ban. Even more after that, and permanent ban of every kind.

6. Try to have decipherable grammar/spelling.
At least try to be understandable. Occasional spelling misses, or some difficulties from not writing in your native language can be alright, but if it is too severe, you will receive a warn.

7. Cut down on the smilies/"lol" and Caps Lock.
Caps Lock and excessive smilies or "lola" are frowned upon. Just don't do it. A warn if it happens excessively. Too many breaks, and you may get bans as appropriate.

8. Please have small sigs.
No sig should be ridiculously large. If they are, we will notify you and give you 24 hours to change it. After that, you receive a warn and we will do it by force. The number of animated gifs allowed in 1 sig is 1.

9. Please hide images/videos.
If you have large videos or images, please put them in a spoiler as to not slow down everyone. Warn if we see this.

10. Please hide spoilers.
If you have spoilers, put warnings in the thread title if you made the thread, or make a spoiler tag and say that is a spoiler. If we catch an open spoiler, you will be banned, the length determined by severity/number of infractions. Spoilers count as deaths, identity reveals, or anything major.

11. No advertising.
Any threads advertising something will be edited to remove it, locked, and the user will be banned for a day the first time. Ban lengths will increase as needed after that.

12. No monetary related issues.
Any threads asking for monetary transactions, donations, etcetera etcetera, will be locked and edited, and the user will receive a one day ban the first time, increasing as needed after that.

13. Read the first post.
Before you post in a thread, read the first post. It will probably contain important information. Punishment varies depending on severity.

14. No Caps Lock.
This should be obvious. Don't make your posts in caps. It's annoying. Three strikes and then a one day ban. More as needed.

C. Behavioral
1. Respect other users.
Be respectful to other users. Don't call them noobs, or other derogatory terms, or otherwise be disrespectful. Warn or ban as punishment as needed.

2. Don't whine.
Don't. Warn every time. Bans will be issued if it gets ridiculous.

3. Don't argue.
Please don't. We'll tell you to stop. If you don't, a warn. If you keep up after that, a one day ban. So on, and increasing severity with it. If a thread is filled with an argument, it will be locked, and warns/bans as needed handed.

4. No minimodding please.
Please do not act like a mod please. If you see something that breaks the rules, just report it. Don't post about it, or you will receive punishment. I'm sorry, but warning people they are breaking the rules counts as minimodding as well. Just don't. A one day ban first time we catch you, harsher as it goes on.

Anything that would generally be frowned upon.
Self-explanatory. Bans/Warns/Other punishments as needed.

About the Forum Rules
I decided to do things a bit differently from the previous rule threads. From now on, all rules will be edited into this one thread, and a post saying "The rules have been updated." or something of the sort will be made, so it appears as a "New Topic" so it grabs your attention. If a rule is updated or added, and it would make something already existing a rule-breaker, a PM will be sent for a 24 hour notice. If changes have not been made by then, it will be locked. If it is something that can't really be saved by changes, then it will just be locked. Thank you for your cooperation.
The Forum FAQ
About Being Unable to Post
The old announcement disappeared when Feng fixed the forum problem, and I didn't have a backup, so I'm rewriting it here.

Why can't I post in (any non-Newbie Area forum)?
One of these reasons:
• You have less than 15 posts.
• You had more than 15 posts but some were deleted by staff, and you were pushed back to a Newly Registered User (NRU).
  1. Going off of this, if you managed to gain 15 posts back, you're still a NRU because I manually made you one again. So then I have to manually make you a regular member again. So post here so I can see. But if you do, make sure you're respectful about it.

Why can't I post in Newbie Area?
One of these reasons:
• You have 15 or more posts.
• You registered before the Newbie Area was put into effect.

Why can't I post threads in Newbie Area?
I have set it so Newbies can't, and Registered Users can't post there anyway. This only leads to spam. The existing threads are enough.

Note: If I see a member of the second type, then they will be made a NRU again.

Punishments
If anyone asks why they can't post in a certain forum area, or about the limit otherwise, they will receive a ban.
The severity will be decided by number of infractions, according to the table.

If anyone with less than 15 posts decides to post here, their post will be deleted and they will be banned according to the table.

Table
• 1st Infraction: 1 day ban
• 2nd Infraction: 3 day ban
• 3rd Infraction: 1 week ban
• 4th Infraction: 2 week ban
• 5th Infraction: 3 week ban
• 6+: Completely up to staff on hand at the moment, because you shouldn't get even close to this point anyway.

About Game Updates
Any posts or threads asking about a release date of a new update will be locked/removed.
This is getting tiresome, and it will be official now.
IT GETS HERE WHEN IT GETS HERE.
Bans will be handed if deemed necessary.

If you don't see an update when it was updated:
Reload page
Reload browser
Reinstall Unity
Refresh computer
Same punishments as above.

For Windows:
Innti wrote:Push start, then run. In run type %temp% push enter delete all those files(they are unneeded temp files, normally people have a ton sometimes up to 2 gigs). Restart. If you are still having problems use Ccleaner.

Mods And Exes And Gold Accounts
DOWNLOADS, MODS, AND GOLD ACCOUNTS

I have gotten wind that almost the very newest version, 11262013II had been ripped, and turned into a downloadable file containing all the details and data inside.
If I or staff hear that you have distributed it, then we will unhesitatingly ban you for three months the first time both IP range and account.
This means you will not be able to view the forum at all, due to the IP ban, and nor will you be able to log in.

THIS APPLIES FOR ANY VERSIONS EXCEPT 06142013-07292013

If you break this rule a second time, we will most certainly permanently ban you in IP and account, unless we decide otherwise.
Let this be a warning to you all.
This is not allowed by Feng, and we as staff will most certainly not allow this.

The FB group page is being moderated, and if we find out you spread it on other sites, then you will receive the same punishment.
You would do best to refrain from this unnecessary behavior.

This applies for any version besides the ones Feng explicitly allows. (06-14-2013 to 07-29-2013)
As of currently (whenever you are reading this), mods are currently completely prohibited (THIS MEANS OWNERSHIP AND/OR USAGE BOTH) throughout the forums. First infraction will be a three month ban across account and IP range. Second infraction will be permanent across account/IP range/e-mail.
TO THOSE WHO ASK FOR THE GOLD ACCOUNTS/MODS AND/OR DOWNLOADS, I WILL BAN YOU.

How to Register an Account
Did the title attract you? Good. Keep reading, because if you don't, you will probably be banned.

EDIT: The system has been fixed, read the website, the header explains it all.
As before, asking about it will result in a ban.

EDIT 2: About the "Wrong Activation", it most likely means you have an old link. Personally, I got 3 chain emails when I reset mine once, and only the newest link had worked. So double check for that maybe?

EDIT 3: No known information about failure to store password yet, please do not ask about this. Possible Fix:
DarioEMeloD wrote:Replace the "activepassword.php" with "active.php" on the link.

About Changing Emails
I have no proof at the moment the database updates when someone changes their email, so changing your email may not do anything.
Also, the activation email may not send, meaning I'll have to manually activate your account.
Please consider your decision carefully if you choose to do so.

Forum Updates
Made a Creative Writing section.

Decided it might as well be easier to have a nice collective of updates.
Past updates will always be there.

Gave more permissions to Honorary Moderators and Moderators.
Edited Elites and Supers' permissions slightly.

Sig courtesy of Zarythe <3

C A D E A U X
Accelevi
« Administrator »

Re: «★☆ Forum Rules ☆★»

Postby Accelevi » Sun Oct 13, 2013 1:54 am

Rule B13 added.

C A D E A U X
Accelevi
« Administrator »

Re: «★☆ Forum Rules ☆★»

Postby Accelevi » Sun Dec 01, 2013 5:33 pm

Rule B14 added.

C A D E A U X
Accelevi
« Administrator »

Re: «★☆ Forum Rules & FAQ ☆★»

Postby Accelevi » Mon Jan 20, 2014 10:50 pm

Decided to merge FAQ into here as well, to save more space.

C A D E A U X
Accelevi
« Administrator »

Re: «★☆ Forum Rules/FAQ/Updates ☆★»

Postby Accelevi » Wed Feb 12, 2014 1:11 am

Decided to merge the Updates thread.

C A D E A U X
Accelevi
« Administrator »

Postby Accelevi » Tue May 06, 2014 7:36 pm

Rule A5 added.

C A D E A U X
Accelevi
« Administrator »

Postby Accelevi » Tue May 20, 2014 7:01 pm

Added a way for Windows users to get the new update if it's not loading.

C A D E A U X
Accelevi
« Administrator »

Postby Accelevi » Mon Aug 11, 2014 9:51 pm

Rule A6 added, as well as tidying up the mods/exes/gold account related things into a single spoiler.

C A D E A U X
Accelevi
« Administrator »

Return to Tutorials