Gaming Genesis - Miracle - Sparrow Strike Tutorial

Place tutorials of any kind here. 〆(・∀・@)
- Accelevi
Forum rules
Forget-me-not.

Re: Gaming Genesis - Miracle - Sparrow Strike Tutorial

Postby Miracle » Mon Nov 25, 2013 5:21 pm

Accelevi wrote:I wouldn't really say a move was discovered, as I'm sure many people already knew it.

Yup, it's quite a common move, discovered in 6.1 when gas was introduced... All I did was translating the name from it's chinese name and did a tutorial on it, seeing that no one actually bothered to teach how to do this technique.
Miracle

Postby Accelevi » Mon Nov 25, 2013 8:36 pm

Also, it's sort of misleading in a way for some.
If you don't have it to the point just looking away will make a tilt, you'll need to use A/D + gas to change the tilt/direction of movement, so you can actually swing around, if you start completely still, and not already getting ready for the loop.

Sig courtesy of Zarythe <3

C A D E A U X
Accelevi
« Administrator »

Postby Miracle » Tue Nov 26, 2013 4:20 pm

Accelevi wrote:Also, it's sort of misleading in a way for some.
If you don't have it to the point just looking away will make a tilt, you'll need to use A/D + gas to change the tilt/direction of movement, so you can actually swing around, if you start completely still, and not already getting ready for the loop.

Also, the main point of learning this move is as a preparation of fine tuning your movement through the combination of view + front key. Next time I shall prepare a script before preparing a tutorial. I had made alot of mistake in this one as I'm not experienced yet.
Miracle

Postby Xedma » Wed Nov 27, 2013 9:44 am

I'm a fan of the equator cut (the variant that uses 1 wire), but this looks awesome! Thanks for the tutorial. I gotta try this out later.
Xedma

Postby Accelevi » Wed Nov 27, 2013 5:33 pm

The sparrow cut's a lot quicker if you can do it, and can still get you a high amount of damage.

C A D E A U X
Accelevi
« Administrator »

Postby =_= » Sat Nov 30, 2013 11:29 pm

Alright, sorry for being the idiot here, but what's the equator cut?
=_=

Postby Accelevi » Sun Dec 01, 2013 12:21 am

Equator cut is when you circle around it multiple times, reel in and slash.

C A D E A U X
Accelevi
« Administrator »

Postby Peanuts » Sun Dec 01, 2013 5:44 am

Accelevi wrote:Equator cut is when you circle around it multiple times, reel in and slash.

Actually 1 time lol, if you swing around too much, and don't slash, you are easily prone to getting grabbed by the titan
Peanuts

Postby CriticalBlinking » Sun Dec 01, 2013 8:44 am

Wow. So this tutorial was up since more than a week ago and I didn't check for anything and just sat in training wondering how the heck to get over 600 damage...and finally it turns out I recreated a less reliable version of the sparrow cut with a slightly different method. I should've just checked here for a 900 damage (!!) tutorial -_-

Awesome video, and very nice method.

my ghetto copy
The way I do it is first move left/right just as the hooks land causing the sideways motion (Accelevi described something similar, which was gassing left/right without camera), and then I gas forward+left/right (same direction as I initially went) while rotating the camera as I come up about arm's length from the titan. It's actually more complicated than this video, requires different wire usage depending on height, doesn't work at more than 50 for small titans, and does about 500 for smalls up to 800 for large ones...the more precise gas control along with gassing directly straight at the titan I suspect generates that much more speed in the duration allowing for up to 900 (maybe even 1000) damage strikes.
CriticalBlinking

Postby Accelevi » Sun Dec 01, 2013 2:05 pm

Peanuts, it has at least one full 360 degree spin as far as I know.
Some people do more if they're feeling risky or just want to be fancy/on normal/etc.

C A D E A U X
Accelevi
« Administrator »

PreviousNext

Return to Tutorials