Techniques/Cancel Discussion

Place tutorials of any kind here. 〆(・∀・@)
- Accelevi
Forum rules
Forget-me-not.

Re: Techniques/Cancel Discussion

Postby Xedma » Tue Apr 22, 2014 6:28 pm

Noodler wrote:I think JP misunderstands what a hydra is, he just flies behind them and reels, which is a vector alter.
A hydra is reeling from the front 180 degrees I suppose.
Sylvy, you can simply hide on bigger titan's backs/napes, you won't get jumped depending on size (the bigger, the more risky it is)/position of the smaller jumper.

Correct me if I am mistaken, but hydra strikes are more along the lines of 45 degrees from the front (nape seen as 180). You wait until you are diagonal with the titan you are hooked to, not directly in front of it.
Xedma

Postby Noodler » Tue Apr 22, 2014 7:38 pm

Well yeah, it's smaller than 180 actually.
What I personally define as a hydra would be 100-120ish degrees.
Noodler

Postby Xedma » Tue Apr 22, 2014 7:43 pm

Noodler wrote:Well yeah, it's smaller than 180 actually.
What I personally define as a hydra would be 100-120ish degrees.

But ... Noodler ... past 90 degrees and you are behind the titan. I thought Hydra Strikes were performed while you were in front of a titan.
Xedma

Postby Noodler » Tue Apr 22, 2014 7:51 pm

Actually with a second thought, 45 degrees seems good.
Noodler

Postby masterchiefr75 » Tue Apr 22, 2014 11:43 pm

The way I categorize it is that a Hydra has a little equator around the neck while a vector is pretty much straight. Following from that, a freeform full cut is just a vector from the front, but in actuality works like a Hydra except you release the hooks before you do the equator.
masterchiefr75

Postby Xezys » Fri May 09, 2014 9:27 pm

Xedma wrote:
Noodler wrote:I think JP misunderstands what a hydra is, he just flies behind them and reels, which is a vector alter.
A hydra is reeling from the front 180 degrees I suppose.
Sylvy, you can simply hide on bigger titan's backs/napes, you won't get jumped depending on size (the bigger, the more risky it is)/position of the smaller jumper.

Correct me if I am mistaken, but hydra strikes are more along the lines of 45 degrees from the front (nape seen as 180). You wait until you are diagonal with the titan you are hooked to, not directly in front of it.

Sup Xedma, Its me, I was a guest in a game who was "OMG AN ACCOUNT, HOW DID YOU MAKE ONE"

Might not remember me.

My Real Forum Post ----
Okay so I suggest to use Levi for killing titans. If you move left you shoot with E . If you move to the right you shoot with Q at near the center of the titan's face, Swing past (Keep Holding E or Q) and right click and use his spinny attacking thing
Xezys

Postby Pentakill » Fri May 30, 2014 2:09 pm

I was looking through the list of techniques and I wondered why air equator is not on there. Does it have a different name or did I miss it?
Sorry if this has been questioned before I looked some of the previous posts.
Pentakill

Postby Xedma » Fri May 30, 2014 2:11 pm

Pentakill wrote:I was looking through the list of techniques and I wondered why air equator is not on there. Does it have a different name or did I miss it?
Sorry if this has been questioned before I looked some of the previous posts.

This hasn't been updated in months.
Xedma

Postby Noodler » Sat May 31, 2014 2:47 pm

Can some mod do something about this? It'd be awesome if the thread got revived.
Noodler

Postby Xedma » Sat May 31, 2014 4:56 pm

Noodler wrote:Can some mod do something about this? It'd be awesome if the thread got revived.

I second this!
Xedma

PreviousNext

Return to Tutorials