Techniques/Cancel Discussion

Place tutorials of any kind here. 〆(・∀・@)
- Accelevi
Forum rules
Forget-me-not.

Re: Techniques/Cancel Discussion

Postby CriticalBlinking » Thu Dec 05, 2013 11:10 pm

Huh...so anyone notice there's a doppler effect when moving really fast? The hooking sounds get really low/high when you're moving at 'reeling' speed, which is not only pretty funny but might be a good indicator of your potential damage.
CriticalBlinking

Postby Accelevi » Sat Dec 07, 2013 12:38 am

Really? I haven't noticed it.

Sig courtesy of Zarythe <3

C A D E A U X
Accelevi
« Administrator »

Postby Empath » Sat Dec 07, 2013 1:12 am

CriticalBlinking wrote:Huh...so anyone notice there's a doppler effect when moving really fast? The hooking sounds get really low/high when you're moving at 'reeling' speed, which is not only pretty funny but might be a good indicator of your potential damage.

I have indeed. Also thank you very much for making this kind of a thread. You definitely nailed it on the head, this game is very interesting because of its emergent gameplay and possibilities.

I'll be happily adding at least one move to your compendium once I get a video of it being done.

Cheers mate, keep up the good work.
Empath

Postby CriticalBlinking » Sat Dec 07, 2013 2:05 am

Thanks, I made it for the people interested in the game and lurking the forums to read about and entice them to play. Looking forward to seeing another technique.
CriticalBlinking

Postby Skirazi » Sat Dec 07, 2013 2:40 am

Who lurks the forums and then starts to play? That seems a little backwards... But you're right, a lot of newbs are gaining a lot from this (mainly the friends I introduced to the game like a week ago). Keep updating it, man!
Skirazi

Postby Accelevi » Sat Dec 07, 2013 2:48 am

Some people come for the community, as weird as that is.
And it opens friendships and bonds.~ :D

C A D E A U X
Accelevi
« Administrator »

Postby Empath » Sat Dec 07, 2013 2:55 am

You may be the judge as to if these should be added. Beyond my two moves, I vote that we change 'Overhead Attack' to 'Death from Above' or DFA for short.

Death From Above and Shock Strike
Death From Above (Levi Edition)

How to do: Hit S, jump and double hook into a small titans head. Gas when appropriate to gently float over their head, then right as they stop moving (meaning they're about to whirlwind), point Levi's special to the right (your right) side of its head.
Works against: Small/Medium, Normal/Aberrant
Fails against: Large titans, Deviants, Crawlers
Risk Factor: Huge. If your timing is off or your accuracy with Levis special is off, you'll just get killed by a fist-of-fury attack by the Titan.
Reason to ever do this attack: Style points.

Shock Strike

Hot to do: While already flying through the air, shoot one hook into the Titans neck. Right as you're about to pass their neck/head, shoot another hook into the front of their neck, detach your old hook, and shoot another new hook into the back of its neck.
Works against: Medium/Large, Normal/Aberrant/Deviant
Fails against: Small (Extremely difficult to have that kind of accuracy against a small titan), Crawlers
Risk Factor: Minimal unless you're fighting a pack of Titans. You usually will get stuck in their neck a little bit, meaning if you need to get out of dodge or you die, welll, then you die.
Reason to do this attack: It allows you to stay at super-high speed and insta-kill titans consistantly.
Empath

Postby Khally » Sat Dec 07, 2013 3:02 am

I honestly don't see the purpose of the "Shock Strike" when just one hook works just as well (or better).
Khally

Postby Accelevi » Sat Dec 07, 2013 3:02 am

Isn't Shock Strike pretty much an interrupted equator, just rehooking at the nape and slash? Isn't it like Neo-equator or some other variant?
Where do you guys even make the names up from? lol

C A D E A U X
Accelevi
« Administrator »

Postby Arise7 » Sat Dec 07, 2013 3:15 am

Skirazi wrote:You forgot the simple "over the top" technique. If you land too low, go for the blind then go around the titan (staying low) straight for the nape.
Also, if you use gas effectively, you can slide by a titan, latch on, and do this, especially useful if someone else has the titan's attention:
Unfortunately, I don't have recording materials so I can't show you how I do them... but it's pretty easy if you keep trying. Just like anything else in the game. Or any game for that matter XD

The ground slide, yep i do that move all the time. Pretty much makes the titan attack empty space in front of it with a grab or karate and leave it's nape exposed. Triggering grab is preferable to trigger karate since someone behind u could get killed. Usually the optimal place to slide is right under their hand. Only works on big titans usually, u slide too far on small ones.
Arise7

PreviousNext

Return to Tutorials