Techniques/Cancel Discussion

Place tutorials of any kind here. 〆(・∀・@)
- Accelevi
Forum rules
Forget-me-not.

Re: Techniques/Cancel Discussion

Postby Accelevi » Sat Dec 07, 2013 3:23 am

The ground slide seems decently easy, but isn't it just easier to go through the air?

Sig courtesy of Zarythe <3

C A D E A U X
Accelevi
« Administrator »

Postby CriticalBlinking » Sat Dec 07, 2013 3:29 am

On hard mode the titans prefer to do karate chops if you go through the air, so it's typically safer to go either very low around or over their heads. Solo anyways.
CriticalBlinking

Postby Accelevi » Sat Dec 07, 2013 3:38 am

The equator is safer than the overhead afaik on hard.

C A D E A U X
Accelevi
« Administrator »

Postby Empath » Sat Dec 07, 2013 4:16 am

Khally wrote:I honestly don't see the purpose of the "Shock Strike" when just one hook works just as well (or better).

Khally! Get onto Skype!

In on topic news, that may be, I couldn't get it to work with just one hook.
Empath

Postby Arise7 » Sat Dec 07, 2013 4:20 am

I use the shock strike as well, thats just how i normally swing around titans so not really a special move to me. Equator cut is faster but if you aim wrong you can also get stuck on the titans neck and get eaten.
Arise7

Postby Empath » Sat Dec 07, 2013 4:25 am

Arise7 wrote:I use the shock strike as well, thats just how i normally swing around titans so not really a special move to me. Equator cut is faster but if you aim wrong you can also get stuck on the titans neck and get eaten.

I think the main difference is Equator cut needs a certain distance from the head, whereas Shock strike (As Critical pointed out in the updated OP), acts like a ghetto-reeling mechanic that will pull you in from farther distances.
Empath

Postby Accelevi » Sat Dec 07, 2013 5:31 am

Sparrow or whatever or equator or whatever you call it seems to be able to be done from long distances.

C A D E A U X
Accelevi
« Administrator »

Postby Empath » Sat Dec 07, 2013 5:34 am

Accelevi wrote:Sparrow or whatever or equator or whatever you call it seems to be able to be done from long distances.

At very high speed it's very difficult to do Sparrow, if not impossible.
Empath

Postby CriticalBlinking » Sat Dec 07, 2013 5:37 am

That's simply not true. I'll get around to making a sparrow video on small titans for 1k once I'm done revamping the basics videos. Besides, sparrow/full cuts were pretty much designed to function at long, if not max, range so they get high damage.

I'll concede they're difficult, but not nearly impossible.
CriticalBlinking

Postby Hilo » Sat Dec 07, 2013 9:26 am

You could just name this Vector Slash Alter actually...or a V-cut. Not sure, but it's the same concept as the Sparrow strike alter.

(Temporary name - Sling): [invented by Hilo] (2:09)
Execution: Execution changes depending on your elevation, the titan's height, number of titans, and surroundings. Generally(use a single hook btw), hook to the face or shoulder(pick left or right), fly past for 0.1-0.5s, the titan will most likely turn to face the direction you flew past(opening up the side of the body you want to hook on), hook onto shoulder/neck/face(it depends largely on your elevation and the angle at which you want to strike), right after you hook reel and click.

Works on: All sizes and types. Though it's harder to perform on small titans as your acceptable distance from him is shortened. For large titans, your second hook should be less then <50ft away at most, <30ft is best. The maximum value for your second hook decreases as the height does. For Hard-Abnormal difficulties you need to have a considerable amount of momentum going over the shoulder, otherwise you're going to be triple punched into the ground. As a rule of thumb, for any aerial strike really, never go above the leaper's head(flat line this height across a ~20m circumference around the leaper) if you want to perform this.

Difficulty: 5/5, a bit harder to do then the vertical slash.
Max Damage: I believe I got 1400+ with this technique.

Comments: I use TPS to execute this. And as for the video, first time creating one of these. Quality isn't so great, but it's enough to show how the cut can be used and how it is done. I might make a better step-by-step tutorial if this gets accepted as an actual technique X)
Spoiler:
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJXBGFYNdPc[/youtube]
Hilo

PreviousNext

Return to Tutorials