Spring Pocket Strike (tutorial)

Place tutorials of any kind here. 〆(・∀・@)
- Accelevi
Forum rules
Forget-me-not.

Re: Spring Pocket Strike (tutorial)

Postby Hilo » Thu Dec 12, 2013 6:10 am

pallmall1 wrote:Well, may be I should have post my video earlier, a day or two lol
I just tried out the hilo vector slash skills
Actually, vector slash skills work better than mine due to the reduction of the speed
The only problem is sometime i'm not able to pass through the titan with single hook on hard diffculty
to me vector slash = equator cut(single hook), Spring Pocket Strike = Sparrow strike(double hook)

aaaaleon wrote:春袋斬

don't tell them what 春袋 actually means lol

On hard difficulty it still works just as well. Though when going over the shoulder and executing the attack you need more speed then in normal. You can get that by gassing more or using it in freeform.
Hilo

Postby Nxt » Thu Dec 12, 2013 6:26 am

good job pallmall
Nxt

Postby pallmall1 » Thu Dec 12, 2013 6:43 am

Hilo wrote:On hard difficulty it still works just as well. Though when going over the shoulder and executing the attack you need more speed then in normal. You can get that by gassing more or using it in freeform.

I'm gassing all the way though, i think it isn't about the speed but the distance before proceeding
On hard difficulty, single hook require more distance. Moreover, it work fine if i'm going near his arm instead of the shoulder.
Anyway, with all due respect, I prefer Sparrow Strike & my own method more than freeform
Accelerate before actually aim for the target is not effective enough
btw, your method work well while dealing with giant abnormal

Accelevi wrote:Eh, I tried translating it. Chopped spring bags? lol

nice try xD
pallmall1

Postby Hilo » Fri Dec 13, 2013 7:14 am

pallmall1 wrote:
Hilo wrote:On hard difficulty it still works just as well. Though when going over the shoulder and executing the attack you need more speed then in normal. You can get that by gassing more or using it in freeform.

I'm gassing all the way though, i think it isn't about the speed but the distance before proceeding
On hard difficulty, single hook require more distance. Moreover, it work fine if i'm going near his arm instead of the shoulder.
Anyway, with all due respect, I prefer Sparrow Strike & my own method more than freeform
Accelerate before actually aim for the target is not effective enough
btw, your method work well while dealing with giant abnormal

Hm, single hook probably needs more distance since it lacks the initial pull the double hook gives you. That way you have more time to accelerate. And yea, you can make it work without it being directly over the shoulder, you just have to adjust the placement of your second hook.

haha of course. I don't mean to persuade you or anything. Everyone has their own play styles and preferred techniques. I just thought the similarity between our two techniques was interesting. We thought up similar methods at around the same time without ever being in contact with each other.
Hilo

Postby Xedma » Wed Dec 18, 2013 3:33 am

:O

I did not know about this technique. Will use in the future. The first use of a double-wire reel I have seen that a normal single-wire won't pull off as effectively.
Xedma

Previous

Return to Tutorials