Vector Slash Alter Tutorial

Place tutorials of any kind here. 〆(・∀・@)
- Accelevi
Forum rules
Forget-me-not.

Vector Slash Alter Tutorial

Postby Hilo » Tue Dec 10, 2013 8:28 am

Here's a tutorial I made for an alternate version of the Vector Slash~
More information and a larger list of techniques can be found here: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=6663

Hilo

Re: Vector Slash Alter Tutorial

Postby Accelevi » Tue Dec 10, 2013 8:18 pm

Nice tutorial.
It's relatively easy, and can get good scores, while being fast too.

Sig courtesy of Zarythe <3

C A D E A U X
Accelevi
« Administrator »

Postby Meek » Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:48 am

Hilo wrote:Here's a tutorial I made for an alternate version of the Vector Slash~
More information and a larger list of techniques can be found here: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=6663

its amazing :D
Meek

Postby Xyro » Wed Dec 11, 2013 9:34 pm

:( it's SOOO hard lol.
Xyro

Postby Hilo » Thu Dec 12, 2013 3:34 am

Thanks you guys :)

Xyro wrote::( it's SOOO hard lol.

It is an advanced technique ^^"
If you're having trouble executing it try to start out with just getting comfortable moving around with 3DMG and occasionally using the reel on the trees in the forest. Once you get a sense of how fast you should be going to use the reel, you'll have an easier time performing it on titans. When you move onto titans, only use this technique against the large titans when they're alone to start with. Use the stationary form, and take your time.

Good luck ^^
Hilo

Postby Accelevi » Thu Dec 12, 2013 8:53 pm

Semi-large (maybe 5m-6m) are relatively easiest.
Lowest means faster movement/reeling, and tallest means adjusting, afaik.

C A D E A U X
Accelevi
« Administrator »

Postby Hilo » Fri Dec 13, 2013 7:07 am

Hmm...well for a basis that is right. Though I still prefer the taller titans for beginners. The biggest advantage is that you have more time to think as you go through the steps. You might have to adjust slightly, but I think it's worth the trade. The hit box is also larger since it's scaled to the titans size, and because of the distance you need to cover in the steps the minimum reeling speed requirement should be easy to reach, even if you aren't to familiar with the reeling mechanics.
Hilo

Postby Accelevi » Fri Dec 13, 2013 8:04 pm

What are you talking about? Hitbox is exactly the same size for every Titan.

C A D E A U X
Accelevi
« Administrator »

Postby Xyro » Fri Dec 13, 2013 8:21 pm

Hilo wrote:Thanks you guys :)

Xyro wrote::( it's SOOO hard lol.

It is an advanced technique ^^"
If you're having trouble executing it try to start out with just getting comfortable moving around with 3DMG and occasionally using the reel on the trees in the forest. Once you get a sense of how fast you should be going to use the reel, you'll have an easier time performing it on titans. When you move onto titans, only use this technique against the large titans when they're alone to start with. Use the stationary form, and take your time.

Good luck ^^

You see, the hooks keep reflecting off the titans and going right
Xyro

Postby Hilo » Fri Dec 13, 2013 11:52 pm

Accelevi wrote:What are you talking about? Hitbox is exactly the same size for every Titan.

Really? You mean to say the hit box for the nape is the same for a 3-5m titan as it is for 15m+ titan? That seems odd, especially when considering the attack hit boxes are proportionate. You'd think the nape scales as well.

But oh well, this was just my assumption from what it felt like. You probably have actual evidence to back that up X)

Xyro wrote:You see, the hooks keep reflecting off the titans and going right

Reflecting? Maybe put that into the bugs section as a report if it is true. One common bug is that the hook would go right through the titan, but I've never heard of it reflecting. If you're in motion and you miss the titan's body, it'll look like the hook has curved. Though in reality the hook tip stays on a straight path all the way through.
Hilo

Next

Return to Tutorials