Reel Technique - Overdrive

Place tutorials of any kind here. 〆(・∀・@)
- Accelevi
Forum rules
Forget-me-not.

Re: Reel Technique - Overdrive

Postby Splurkey » Sat Dec 21, 2013 4:58 pm

Nice, I practiced this move over and over and i only reached level 4 in Abnormal Mode. xD
I don't know if some players can reach higher than that, but for me it's already a good level to reach in Abnormal Mode.
Splurkey

Postby Xedma » Sat Dec 21, 2013 7:52 pm

Splurkey wrote:Nice, I practiced this move over and over and i only reached level 4 in Abnormal Mode. xD
I don't know if some players can reach higher than that, but for me it's already a good level to reach in Abnormal Mode.

I don't suggest you use this move as your go-to method in abnormal mode. For that, use the Vector and Rebound Slashs located under the Advanced Derivatives section. Using these, I have made it past wave 7 on abnormal. Play your cards right, and a Rebound Slash can go into an Overdrive ;)
Xedma

Postby Hilo » Sun Dec 22, 2013 2:47 am

Splurkey wrote:Nice, I practiced this move over and over and i only reached level 4 in Abnormal Mode. xD

"Only" you say lol? If you're using mainly the overdrive for abnormal then props to you!

It's a pretty cool technique, but it does put you at a disadvantage since the nape and upper back is a danger zone(get smacked or grabbed). So if you don't do it right, or quick enough, you'll get killed fairly easily. Especially with the faster reaction times in abnormal. Plus, being stuck at that height is dangerous if there's smaller leapers nearby, and in abnormal, they're all leapers OTL

For survival, 1+ to what Xedma recommended.
Hilo

Postby Xedma » Sat Jan 11, 2014 11:31 pm

Updated. Turns out the overdrive is reliant on holding attack and gassing forward, not to the side.
Xedma

Postby Accelevi » Sun Jan 12, 2014 1:10 am

Wasn't overdrive like a flyby sideways?

Sig courtesy of Zarythe <3

C A D E A U X
Accelevi
« Administrator »

Postby Xedma » Sun Jan 12, 2014 6:16 pm

Nope. Overdrive is a stand-alone technique that can be used in combination with other techniques. This update solidified the process needed to do it. It turns out holding down attack is a major component.
Xedma

Postby Accelevi » Sun Jan 12, 2014 9:37 pm

Alright, thanks Xedma. ^^
1000+ damage looks very nice.

Sig courtesy of Zarythe <3

C A D E A U X
Accelevi
« Administrator »

Postby Xedma » Thu Jun 05, 2014 9:08 pm

Updated: rewritten a bit and made more clear. Added a link to smooth scrolling tutorial too. Also added a funfact~
Xedma

Previous

Return to Tutorials