Umbra Slash Tutorial

Place tutorials of any kind here. 〆(・∀・@)
- Accelevi
Forum rules
Forget-me-not.

Umbra Slash Tutorial

Postby Noodler » Sat Jan 04, 2014 12:01 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TmpyzAfojxU
Mastering the traditional method is a pain, but it's an efficient and cool technique.
Noodler

Re: Umbra Slash Tutorial

Postby Thirdkazekage » Sat Jan 04, 2014 12:58 pm

Nice move, its especially more satisfying when going at high speeds :D
Thirdkazekage

Postby Endogenesis » Sat Jan 04, 2014 1:35 pm

Funny thing is that i do this "move" from a while, but i just didn't even think of giving it a name.
Apparently i'm the only one who just cares about killing, and not about giving bizarre names to moves :lol:
Endogenesis

Postby Noodler » Sat Jan 04, 2014 1:52 pm

Endogenesis wrote:Funny thing is that i do this "move" from a while, but i just didn't even think of giving it a name.
Apparently i'm the only one who just cares about killing, and not about giving bizarre names to moves :lol:

I just call it something, so I don't have to refer to it as "that move where I do this then reel and fly around it and driveby the nape"
Noodler

Postby Khally » Sat Jan 04, 2014 2:29 pm

Endogenesis wrote:Funny thing is that i do this "move" from a while, but i just didn't even think of giving it a name.

Same here, I've been doing it for ages now, pretty much every time I play, since I play as Levi. Speed <3
Khally

Postby Accelevi » Sun Jan 05, 2014 12:43 am

This is nice, but I've been doing it without even giving it a name. lol
I don't do it too much anyways though.

Sig courtesy of Zarythe <3

C A D E A U X
Accelevi
« Administrator »

Postby Noodler » Sun Jan 05, 2014 4:43 am

Accelevi wrote:This is nice, but I've been doing it without even giving it a name. lol

It's pretty unconventional so I don't use it too much either, but when you do it perfectly it feels good.
Also, I'll keep in mind to post it under tutorials next time, rather than gallery.
Noodler

Postby Xedma » Sun Jan 05, 2014 5:09 am

Noodler wrote:
Accelevi wrote:This is nice, but I've been doing it without even giving it a name. lol

It's pretty unconventional so I don't use it too much either, but when you do it perfectly it feels good.
Also, I'll keep in mind to post it under tutorials next time, rather than gallery.

Unconventional? I am glad this has a name now because I use this technique all the time! I've gotten literally dozens on 1k hits using this! I usually send my hook out a lot sooner than you do though. It's a great fly-by technique when you are too low for any other technique without deceleration or repositioning yourself. Unfortunatly, it has a high fail-rate when you reel too soon or are traveling slow enough for the titan to turn. Then it usually leads to some form of death ... :?

and Noodler, use [youtube][/youtube]. Then we don't need to click on the link.
Xedma

Postby Foxen » Sun Jan 05, 2014 5:15 am

Agreed Xedma, this is certainly a viable move. It's my favorite type of high-speed kill to do, and it's stylin' :D
Foxen

Postby Hilo » Sun Jan 05, 2014 8:05 am

Oh dear, I believe this is my Riser. I was going to make a tutorial on it sooner but some IRL things came up.
Here's the post in the techniques/cancel discussion I made on Dec.26. The only difference is your included flyby, but Foxen lent a hand and recently sent me some footage of flybys with this technique. So in essence, it's the same thing ^^"
Hilo wrote:First one:
Riser

Technique Name: Riser (subject to change)
Execution: This is an approach technique. In order to pull this off you have to be flying relatively low and enter a ground slide around 50-70ft away from the titan. Titan must be facing/walking towards you. As you enter the ground slide send a hook into the underside of the titan's chin. Once you pass the titan's legs, reel and swing.
Works on: Works on medium and large titans only.
Distance: Starts 50-70ft away when you enter the ground slide.
Difficulty: Hm...harder to do then the vector slash, which is a 4/5. 5/5 I suppose. Biggest problem is there's many small things you have to get right in order for this to be a success. Such as your entry speed and height coming into the ground slide, the distance from the titan, the hook placement, the timing and extent of your reel. Miss any of that by just a little and you botched the whole tech. I've done this tech on several occasions, and it's really fun when you pull it off, but it's also hard to do consistently.
Max Damage: Far as I've gotten was around 800 or so.
Comments: I use TPS for all my techniques, so I can't help much for Original or WoW(if WoW users exist...) users. The most important part is the entry into the technique. I like to call this purely an approach technique, because you can kill a titan very quickly coming straight off your movement at a low height(which is good for hard and abnormal modes when you tend to fly low). Another good thing about this tech is it's short TTK. The actual time it took me to kill the titan was 1-2s.

Hilo

Next

Return to Tutorials