Umbra Slash Tutorial

Place tutorials of any kind here. 〆(・∀・@)
- Accelevi
Forum rules
Forget-me-not.

Re: Umbra Slash Tutorial

Postby CornSama » Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:41 am

It's neat to see that someone (or two someone's, it looks like) took the time to detail this technique and give it a name and such. This is one of the first ways I learned to kill a Titan at high speeds, and is still one of my favorites!
CornSama

Postby Noodler » Tue Jan 07, 2014 4:37 pm

Hilo wrote:Oh dear, I believe this is my Riser. I was going to make a tutorial on it sooner but some IRL things came up.
Here's the post in the techniques/cancel discussion I made on Dec.26. The only difference is your included flyby, but Foxen lent a hand and recently sent me some footage of flybys with this technique. So in essence, it's the same thing ^^"
Hilo wrote:First one:
Riser

Technique Name: Riser (subject to change)
Execution: This is an approach technique. In order to pull this off you have to be flying relatively low and enter a ground slide around 50-70ft away from the titan. Titan must be facing/walking towards you. As you enter the ground slide send a hook into the underside of the titan's chin. Once you pass the titan's legs, reel and swing.
Works on: Works on medium and large titans only.
Distance: Starts 50-70ft away when you enter the ground slide.
Difficulty: Hm...harder to do then the vector slash, which is a 4/5. 5/5 I suppose. Biggest problem is there's many small things you have to get right in order for this to be a success. Such as your entry speed and height coming into the ground slide, the distance from the titan, the hook placement, the timing and extent of your reel. Miss any of that by just a little and you botched the whole tech. I've done this tech on several occasions, and it's really fun when you pull it off, but it's also hard to do consistently.
Max Damage: Far as I've gotten was around 800 or so.
Comments: I use TPS for all my techniques, so I can't help much for Original or WoW(if WoW users exist...) users. The most important part is the entry into the technique. I like to call this purely an approach technique, because you can kill a titan very quickly coming straight off your movement at a low height(which is good for hard and abnormal modes when you tend to fly low). Another good thing about this tech is it's short TTK. The actual time it took me to kill the titan was 1-2s.

Yea, that seems to be the exact same thing. I thought for sure I was the only person that really bothered with this technique, considering that I haven't even seen it before.
Actually, yours is pulled off somewhat differently. The sole purpose of the "traditional" example in my video is to do a driveby without crashing into nearby titans, but in your video you stop completely upon killing the titan.
Noodler

Postby Sylvy » Tue Jan 07, 2014 4:56 pm

Ha! I do I version of this too XD It's definitely a satisfying feeling when pulled off at high speeds like someone said. Do you reel? I usually just fly right into the neck and chop, getting stuck and losing all speed, rather then fly away like you do. Your version looks cleaner.
Sylvy

Postby Foxen » Tue Jan 07, 2014 4:57 pm

I do it with a fly-by, and yes, I reel to achieve it. A badly timed reel with this move can easily get you killed though, so be careful.
Foxen

Postby Xedma » Tue Jan 07, 2014 5:04 pm

Foxen wrote:I do it with a fly-by, and yes, I reel to achieve it. A badly timed reel with this move can easily get you killed though, so be careful.

Yeah. This is the major downside to this technique. Shoulder Bites are highly effective :cry:
Xedma

Postby Noodler » Tue Jan 07, 2014 5:05 pm

Sylvy wrote:Ha! I do I version of this too XD It's definitely a satisfying feeling when pulled off at high speeds like someone said. Do you reel? I usually just fly right into the neck and chop, getting stuck and losing all speed, rather then fly away like you do. Your version looks cleaner.

I do reel, but make sure you don't do it too early so you don't crash into its hand and die horribly.
Xedma wrote:
Foxen wrote:I do it with a fly-by, and yes, I reel to achieve it. A badly timed reel with this move can easily get you killed though, so be careful.

Yeah. This is the major downside to this technique. Shoulder Bites are highly effective :cry:

Shoulder bites? If anything, it's a slap that will kill me on hard if I mess up.
Noodler

Postby Hilo » Tue Jan 07, 2014 5:58 pm

Noodler wrote:Yea, that seems to be the exact same thing. I thought for sure I was the only person that really bothered with this technique, considering that I haven't even seen it before.
Actually, yours is pulled off somewhat differently. The sole purpose of the "traditional" example in my video is to do a driveby without crashing into nearby titans, but in your video you stop completely upon killing the titan.

That was quick example. Foxen sent me footage of flybys to add that into my to-be tutorial ^^"
Hilo

Postby Xedma » Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:27 pm

I think I'll call this move the Rising Umbra Slash~
:ugeek: RUS for short
Xedma

Previous

Return to Tutorials