Reel Technique - Yo-Yo

Place tutorials of any kind here. 〆(・∀・@)
- Accelevi
Forum rules
Forget-me-not.

Re: Reel Technique - Yo-Yo

Postby Xedma » Tue May 06, 2014 8:22 pm

Accelevi wrote:I mean wouldn't it yank the cord down?

That's what unreeling and correctional wiring are for.
Xedma

Postby TheGreatJedi » Tue Jun 03, 2014 4:55 pm

How come when i do this my hooks don't unreel that far or should i say it doesn't unreel the way in the video even though smooth scrolling is enabled

and most of my successful spiral strike attempts is 1k-1.6k only because those Yoyo won't work
TheGreatJedi

Postby Noodler » Wed Jun 04, 2014 10:10 am

Because you need smooth scrolling to unreel.
Noodler

Postby Xedma » Wed Jun 04, 2014 11:42 am

TheGreatJedi wrote:How come when i do this my hooks don't unreel that far or should i say it doesn't unreel the way in the video even though smooth scrolling is enabled

and most of my successful spiral strike attempts is 1k-1.6k only because those Yoyo won't work

It's just probably your browser page. You need to reset the scroll by pausing and opening a new tab. Switch to the new tab and then back. Resume and you should be good to go~
Xedma

Re: Reel Technique - Yo-Yo Acceleration

Postby TheGreatJedi » Tue Jun 24, 2014 5:29 pm

Has someone even tried Doing yoyo on the colossal Titan
Or the Titan in the Colossal Titan Feet and dragging them to the plain area

Cuz someone can actually go more than just 5k in that area
TheGreatJedi

Re: Reel Technique - Yo-Yo Acceleration

Postby Xedma » Tue Jun 24, 2014 6:24 pm

TheGreatJedi wrote:Has someone even tried Doing yoyo on the colossal Titan

Yes. Lito and Myself have both hit CT with yoyo while he was frozen through a glitch. Have yet to try it on unfrozen CT.
Xedma

Postby Xedma » Mon Oct 06, 2014 5:24 am

I've given this tutorial an update. I hope this helps~
Xedma

Postby Rumple » Fri Nov 14, 2014 6:19 am

So when you spin around a titan, and yo-yo to gain speed, followed by an overdrive- would you call that yo-yoing or a spiral strike? Anyway, I decided to try to learn this technique and found out something. I'm not sure if you guys knew this already or if it's a bug, but anyway it seems like you don't even have to time your slash when you reel in. I found that if you hook the nape as perfect as possible, JUST below the hairline in the center, (this also appears to be more effective the faster your speed is) when you reel in you can just hold down attack. It will then overdrive for about a second when it hits the neck, then the attack automatically releases on its own. It doesn't seem to affect damage output, as I was still able to pull off 2-3ks while doing this.
I actually broke my record testing this out heh:

http://i.imgur.com/tJkz9Jf.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/gw32Po7.png
Rumple

Previous

Return to Tutorials