Reel Technique - Yo-Yo

Place tutorials of any kind here. 〆(・∀・@)
- Accelevi
Forum rules
Forget-me-not.

Re: Reel Technique - Yo-Yo

Postby Xedma » Sun Mar 30, 2014 3:58 am

Add wrote:Oh, because his heavy hits now?

I miss the days when Hilo was my only concern ...

Anyway, major update/rewrite.
Xedma

Postby Xedma » Tue May 06, 2014 12:39 pm

I'd like to just take a moment to explain the current state of yoyo:

IT STILL WORKS~

For all those who thought this update would kill yoyo, in your collective faces! This technique is still well and alive, and it has found itself another application. Yoyo is DEVISTATING against player titans. A single hook on their nape, and you can kill them from essentially anywhere on the map! As long as you stay hooked, you can reel in and kill them. I've had player titans run away from me after I hooked them, but that only adds speed to my strike! So far, I have gotten multiple 2k kills in PvP due to yoyo.
Xedma

Postby Peanuts » Tue May 06, 2014 12:45 pm

Xedma wrote:I'd like to just take a moment to explain the current state of yoyo:

IT STILL WORKS~

For all those who thought this update would kill yoyo, in your collective faces! This technique is still well and alive, and it has found itself another application. Yoyo is DEVISTATING against player titans. A single hook on their nape, and you can kill them from essentially anywhere on the map! As long as you stay hooked, you can reel in and kill them. I've had player titans run away from me after I hooked them, but that only adds speed to my strike! So far, I have gotten multiple 2k kills in PvP due to yoyo.

Unless they decide to run in a straight line, making reel not usable or run around making you crash into trees/buildings :lol:
Peanuts

Postby Noodler » Tue May 06, 2014 12:46 pm

2k... in pvp...
Puny little Lito.

Obligatory fuck you for revealing your secrets once again~
Noodler

Postby Xedma » Tue May 06, 2014 1:06 pm

Peanuts wrote:Unless they decide to run in a straight line, making reel not usable or run around making you crash into trees/buildings :lol:

Not even that can help them! Infact, running in a straight line and further away from me only amplifies my damage! Once that hook is in place, you are already dead. You just don't know it yet~

As for crashing ... that's what yoyo is for you silly! I'm using vs Annie style yoyo against players. I'm used to swinging into houses/trees.

Noodler wrote:2k... in pvp...
Puny little Lito.

Obligatory fuck you for revealing your secrets once again~

Not really revealing anything much. Just the info yoyo still works and it works on player titans. If I made a tutorial for correctional wiring, THEN I would be revealing more of my secrets~
Xedma

Postby Noodler » Tue May 06, 2014 1:09 pm

You do realize I won't let you do that anyway?
Noodler

Postby Peanuts » Tue May 06, 2014 1:10 pm

Xedma wrote:
Peanuts wrote:Unless they decide to run in a straight line, making reel not usable or run around making you crash into trees/buildings :lol:

Not even that can help them! Infact, running in a straight line and further away from me only amplifies my damage! Once that hook is in place, you are already dead. You just don't know it yet~

As for crashing ... that's what yoyo is for you silly! I'm using vs Annie style yoyo against players. I'm used to swinging into houses/trees.

So, it's a matter of gas vs survival ability of the titan :lol:
Peanuts

Postby Accelevi » Tue May 06, 2014 7:47 pm

What happens if they belly flop?

Sig courtesy of Zarythe <3

C A D E A U X
Accelevi
« Administrator »

Postby Xedma » Tue May 06, 2014 8:18 pm

Accelevi wrote:What happens if they belly flop?

Don't be underneath them ... the whole point of yoyo is to avoid obstacles while maintaining a steady equator. The secondary point is damage.

Basically there are two main purposes of my scrolling. Avoiding collisions and preventing failure. That means I reel/unreel to avoid hitting stuff, but I also unreel to prevent my equator from being altered during something like a jump or bellyflop. I also use correctional wiring to keep myself from losing control.
Last edited by Xedma on Tue May 06, 2014 8:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Xedma

Postby Accelevi » Tue May 06, 2014 8:19 pm

I mean wouldn't it yank the cord down?

Sig courtesy of Zarythe <3

C A D E A U X
Accelevi
« Administrator »

PreviousNext

Return to Tutorials