Correctional cut/Traditional cut tutorial

Place tutorials of any kind here. 〆(・∀・@)
- Accelevi
Forum rules
Forget-me-not.

Correctional cut/Traditional cut tutorial

Postby Noodler » Mon Feb 10, 2014 1:10 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GvpAS4Yxavc
Props to Tailex for being able to do so many 1ks in a row with this, it's bloody hard without reeling.
Now if this would be easier on abnormal, since it's fun as hell to use.
Noodler

Re: Correctional cut/Traditional cut tutorial

Postby Khally » Mon Feb 10, 2014 1:50 am

I try to do these from time to time, but it usually ends up in a pretty dumb fail :lol:
Khally

Postby Peanuts » Mon Feb 10, 2014 8:59 am

Isn't traditional cut just hook to nape and slash?
That's considered the most traditional in the history of Aottg I think :?
Peanuts

Postby Thirdkazekage » Mon Feb 10, 2014 10:00 am

Isn't it called Aly style? Your making the traditional cut look too challenging. As Peanuts said, I thought "traditional cut" was just hook to nape and hit it.....
Thirdkazekage

Postby Xedma » Mon Feb 10, 2014 2:52 pm

Thirdkazekage wrote:Isn't it called Aly style? Your making the traditional cut look too challenging. As Peanuts said, I thought "traditional cut" was just hook to nape and hit it.....
yes this is what Aly Style uses. However, that style is a collection of techniques, and this one had yet to be named. I approve this one~
Xedma

Postby Khally » Mon Feb 10, 2014 4:05 pm

Think of it this way. Traditionally, you shouldn't wire to titans, but to the environment. So, works well that way :D
Khally

Postby Noodler » Mon Feb 10, 2014 6:14 pm

The pretty boy was the one that referred to them as such, so I just used those names.
Noodler

Postby SnK Tailex » Tue Feb 11, 2014 2:01 am

I wasn't really planning on giving much of these cuts names, people just recommended I do so.

It's called the traditional cut because it was the first type of kill I came up with for Aly Style. A lot more examples of it can be found in my Colossal Damage video.

Colossal Damage
The kills where I swing around trees then slash the titan are traditional cuts. If anything, I hate saying their full names. If anyone ever asks me, I'll just tell them it's an Aly Style kill. Maybe even just an Aly.

In this case, "Traditional" doesn't refer to Attack on Titan in general.

Only for this particular style I like to use.

Nice tutorial btw, Noodler. It's pretty cool seeing other people picking up this way of playing.

Background info: There's a girl in my brigade named Alyonka. I was thinking of a name for my style when I realized I had created one...she told me to name it after her, so I did. :)
SnK Tailex

Postby Noodler » Tue Feb 11, 2014 2:15 am

Thanks, I'd try to master it if I played hard/normal, but I don't feel any potential for constistency on abnormal, although I do it with reel in rare cases.
Noodler

Postby Xedma » Tue Feb 11, 2014 2:28 am

I think T-Cut would be a good nickname for this technique~
Xedma

Next

Return to Tutorials