Sunutsu's 4 Man Squad Formation

Place tutorials of any kind here. 〆(・∀・@)
- Accelevi
Forum rules
Forget-me-not.

Sunutsu's 4 Man Squad Formation

Postby Sunutsu » Sun Feb 16, 2014 5:40 pm

Hello everyone this is going to about the 4 man squad formation i made in the map generator for forest multiplayer.

First off the left side of the map is left of the refill station we all spawn by and right is right of the refill station. The bottom of the map is where we all spawn by the refill station and the top is at the opposite end. This is the 4 man squad formation that everyone should follow.
Also thanks to my fellow guild member petrafied I found out this formation would be in trouble whenever one person ran into a group of abnormals. This picture shows what to do when you have a giant group of abnormals and need help splitting them apart.
For this formation if Player C has a group of abnormals on them and they need help they will shoot a black flare to warn Player A and they will head to the bottom of the map where there is a wide open space with no trees. Player A and C will then split the abnormals apart. If Player A is the one with the abnormal aggro and needs help he will shoot the black flare and Player C will come to his assistance and split the abnormals apart at the bottom of the map. You do the same thing for the right side of the map.
Sunutsu

Re: Sunutsu's 4 Man Squad Formation

Postby Azure Sky » Tue Feb 18, 2014 12:44 pm

Wellbit looks pretty legit to me, although what does the fourth player do when there is a group of abnormals?
Azure Sky

Postby Sunutsu » Tue Feb 18, 2014 7:57 pm

Thanks finally someone replied. I tried out this formation several times with my guild mates in Gurren Brigade and it worked wonders. Whenever i enter a 4 player MP match with them and i get them to follow this we make it to higher waves on a more consistent basis and less of us have trouble dealing groups of titans. Whenever theres a group of abnormals the players at the bottom of the map(By Refill) will head to the top of the map in the wide open area with no trees and the players who normally stay at the top of the map will help split the abnormal group up. Both the right and left side do the same thing. The main flaw with this formation though is that it depends on each players skill. So if someone isnt good at the game and can't handle multiple titans by themselves they will constantly die.
Sunutsu

Postby Azure Sky » Wed Feb 19, 2014 4:45 am

Ok, I get it now. This seems like it can only be done with high skill players for it to work consistantly, right?
Azure Sky

Postby HIT0SHI » Wed Feb 19, 2014 4:59 am

Yeah it does unfortunately.
You'll have to belive and rely on everybody's skill AND on everyone's cooperation in order for it to work.
HIT0SHI

Postby Azure Sky » Wed Feb 19, 2014 5:16 am

Well it looks pretty good, well done. I wish I had 3 others to play this with...

You should make more of these though, they are really good.
Azure Sky

Postby Sunutsu » Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:03 pm

I want to come up with more strategies but its pretty hard to do. I ended up coming up with this one by accident by just telling my guild mates to only cover only a tiny portion of the map. We did that and ended up making it to higher waves alot so this game me the idea of having zones as a formation.
Sunutsu

Postby Doge » Fri Feb 21, 2014 9:04 am

Really good strategy. Now make one for singleplayer :lol:
Doge

Postby Azure Sky » Fri Feb 21, 2014 9:25 am

Doge wrote:Really good strategy. Now make one for singleplayer :lol:

I believe that is impossibru.

I guess you can only do a strategy like this 2 or more people.
Azure Sky

Postby Noodler » Fri Feb 21, 2014 5:19 pm

Sunutsu wrote:I want to come up with more strategies but its pretty hard to do. I ended up coming up with this one by accident by just telling my guild mates to only cover only a tiny portion of the map. We did that and ended up making it to higher waves alot so this game me the idea of having zones as a formation.

Having one guy bait the titans while another guy tries to agro one or two at a time is amazing, I even have a video example of it.
Trig and I got to wave 13 on abnormal with just this, which proves its strength
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7iMJehioSTM
Noodler

Next

Return to Tutorials