How to make your reel responsive - Smooth Scrolling

Place tutorials of any kind here. 〆(・∀・@)
- Accelevi
Forum rules
Forget-me-not.

Re: How to make your reel responsive - Smooth Scrolling

Postby Xedma » Mon Mar 17, 2014 12:42 am

Noodler wrote:Xedma you should get back to doing damages without yoyo.
my damage style doesn't solely use yoyo. I use plenty of hydra strikes and vector cuts as well as my traditional Spiral Strike.
Xedma

Postby Madrauk » Mon Mar 17, 2014 12:44 am

Dikasa wrote:I never knew there was such a thing as reeling until I saw this topic. :shock:
And at least for me it is hard to get used to.
Quick question, why is it that sometimes reeling does not work? Do I have to at a certain angle?

I'm just starting to learn reeling too. Reeling needs two things to work. 1. You need to be using gas. 2. You need to be on an orbiting trajectory, aka a half circle motion. It's a massive pain in the butt at first.
Madrauk

Postby Noodler » Mon Mar 17, 2014 5:56 am

I mean breaking no reel out highscores, not just doing 1ks without it.
You should break 3k without reeling out, which I failed to do :cry:
Noodler

Postby Mr.Stuff » Sun Mar 23, 2014 4:30 pm

Is the Chrome version even safe?

Chrome wrote:WARNING These experimental features may change, break, or disappear at any time. We make absolutely no guarantees about what may happen if you turn one of these experiments on, and your browser may even spontaneously combust.Jokes aside, your browser may delete all your data, or your security and privacy could be compromised in unexpected ways. Any experiments you enable will be enabled for all users of this browser. Please proceed with caution. Interested in cool new Chrome features? Try our beta channel at chrome.com/beta.

I hope that doesn't happen to me :shock:

Oh, okay.
Last edited by Mr.Stuff on Sun Mar 23, 2014 8:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mr.Stuff

Postby Xedma » Sun Mar 23, 2014 6:21 pm

Mr.Stuff, that's a disclaimer for messing with your browser's settings. If you mess with it a lot, then yeah it's risky. If all you're doing is changing your scroll ... you're fine.
Xedma

Postby Dead » Sun Mar 23, 2014 7:32 pm

Breaking 3000 damage without any fixed momentum gaining techniques such as yoyo or spiral seems like a cloudy dream at this point...

It's too hard to travel at high speeds in freeform, without crashing into anything and losing all momentum completely.
Dead

Postby Accelevi » Sun Mar 23, 2014 8:21 pm

That's because people either:
1. Don't go fast enough
2. Make a mistake
3. Don't try
4. Don't know possible tips/techs to help

Sig courtesy of Zarythe <3

C A D E A U X
Accelevi
« Administrator »

Postby Dead » Sun Mar 23, 2014 8:28 pm

Well, it could also be due to the camera mode in question. I find that TPS users have the edge in keeping momentum. The y generally smack into things less I believe.
Dead

Postby Noodler » Sun Mar 23, 2014 10:11 pm

If I do 3k like this, does that count? I'm pretty sure I could if I put a few centuries into trying.
At least I've gotten plenty of 2ks like this.
Noodler

Postby Dead » Mon Mar 24, 2014 10:59 am

I don't quite know what the drawing is trying to describe... but I infer that it is a quick spiral?

My guild commander says that if you spiral more than three times, then it is considered a "Damage Dealing Technique". I suppose it would count as a freeform kill; to me anyway. Not that my opinion matters all that much in the wide world.
Dead

PreviousNext

Return to Tutorials