How to make your reel responsive - Smooth Scrolling

Place tutorials of any kind here. 〆(・∀・@)
- Accelevi
Forum rules
Forget-me-not.

Re: How to make your reel responsive - Smooth Scrolling

Postby Weapioneer » Mon Mar 24, 2014 3:17 pm

Well, That was pretty awesome. Is there a tutorial for this somewhere? Also, how do you manage to time your slashes at those speeds? I tend to lose most of my speed and damage since i suck at timing releasing my slash. Also, how do you place your fingers on the keyboard? I find it extremely hard to do any technique which needs you to use both hooks and A or D due to a lack of hand yoga...
Weapioneer

Postby Noodler » Mon Mar 24, 2014 7:14 pm

Attack before you reel, that's how I time my hits at really high speeds.

I'll just make type this for when I'm holding a, w, and d.

Thumb isn't used, pinky is exclusively for shift.

A+Shift: Ring finger on a, middle finger on q, index finger on e. If possible, I press down the a key before q and e to make more room for the 2 other fingers, just for comfort.

W+Shift: Ring finger on q, middle finger on w, index finger on e

D+Shift: Ring finger on q, middle finger on e, index finger on d
Noodler

Postby Weapioneer » Tue Mar 25, 2014 12:05 am

Noodler wrote:Attack before you reel, that's how I time my hits at really high speeds.

I'll just make type this for when I'm holding a, w, and d.

Thumb isn't used, pinky is exclusively for shift.

A+Shift: Ring finger on a, middle finger on q, index finger on e. If possible, I press down the a key before q and e to make more room for the 2 other fingers, just for comfort.

W+Shift: Ring finger on q, middle finger on w, index finger on e

D+Shift: Ring finger on q, middle finger on e, index finger on d

Ok, thanks.

I seem to have run into a glitch though. If i use both hooks and a/d then hit gas, gas doesn't work. Pressing the jump key has no effect at all. I even tried using the default control scheme but it didn't work.
Weapioneer

Postby TreeRover » Fri Apr 18, 2014 3:33 am

I believe they have now took off the chrome (still dont know about firefox) but now they only have the smooth scrolling on linux, just thought id inform you :P
TreeRover

Postby Innti » Fri Apr 18, 2014 3:34 am

TreeRover wrote:I believe they have now took off the chrome (still dont know about firefox) but now they only have the smooth scrolling on linux, just thought id inform you :P

Was about to say that.
Innti

Postby TehTitanKilla » Fri Apr 18, 2014 1:44 pm

Nice montage but I just realized. Each time you get about 1700+ with the hydra strike, you hook their chin at and reel in at a certain angle. I just felt like revealing what I saw not a big deal :D
TehTitanKilla

Postby Noya » Sun Apr 27, 2014 9:55 am

Hey,
could someone update the Smooth Scrolling for Chrome? That changed, how it's shown her, it's only working for Linux, but I dont think that here are so many people with linux^^
Noya

Postby Noodler » Sun Apr 27, 2014 10:05 am

TehTitanKilla wrote:

Nice montage but I just realized. Each time you get about 1700+ with the hydra strike, you hook their chin at and reel in at a certain angle. I just felt like revealing what I saw not a big deal :D

Everyone's style with certain techniques are different, this is just my own hydra strike style.
Noodler

Postby masterchiefr75 » Tue Apr 29, 2014 12:15 am

I have a problem with smooth scroll. All it does is make my reeling in extremely sensitive to the point where I can't even touch the mouse wheel without reeling, while reeling out is still normal. Also, reeling in always just gives a big speed boost for me, but it looks like a lot of people are able to reel in a certain amount and then stop. Is this because of my logitech mouse or google chrome?
masterchiefr75

PreviousNext

Return to Tutorials