The Clock Strike

Place tutorials of any kind here. 〆(・∀・@)
- Accelevi
Forum rules
Forget-me-not.

The Clock Strike

Postby TOMANITY » Sat Mar 22, 2014 1:23 pm

Spoiler:

This is a technique I always use, and many people probably do it already, but I haven't seen a tutorial so i decided to make one. I called it the clock strike, but it is basically another form of the vector strike. It works on any titan (apart from crawlers) but on hard or abnormal, you need more previous speed to not get stuck by the titans face. The method is on the vid. Hooking on the throat works the best, but the chin works as well. Also if the titan is not facing you, you can hook the nape. Always gas to the side. I find this easier than a vector strike, because you don't need to re-hook.
TOMANITY

Re: The Clock Strike

Postby Noodler » Sat Mar 22, 2014 1:39 pm

Isn't this the same as the vector alter video in the technique thread, other than the few hydras?
Noodler

Postby TOMANITY » Sat Mar 22, 2014 2:58 pm

Really? But i thought vector alter also re-hooked.
TOMANITY

Postby TehTitanKilla » Sat Mar 22, 2014 7:33 pm

Hey what you did from https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=p ... NiSIY#t=15 to 0:17 is what I meant by "L" cut except hooking at the front middle of the neck so whoever watches this part of the vid I'd thank TOMANITY for showing how it looks like :D
TehTitanKilla

Postby Xedma » Sat Mar 22, 2014 7:47 pm

TehTitanKilla wrote:Hey what you did from https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=p ... NiSIY#t=15 to 0:17 is what I meant by "L" cut except hooking at the front middle of the neck so whoever watches this part of the vid I'd thank TOMANITY for showing how it looks like :D

oooooh. That's what you meant. Yeah that is a bit unique. Your L Cut and my Spiral Strike are very similar, only you do a fly-by rather than an overdrive.
Xedma

Postby TOMANITY » Sat Mar 22, 2014 8:58 pm

Ok i'll say that if you hook the front of the titan it's a clock strike and if you hook the nape it's an l cut
TOMANITY

Postby Accelevi » Sat Mar 22, 2014 9:00 pm

Isn't this just an equator + reel in?

Sig courtesy of Zarythe <3

C A D E A U X
Accelevi
« Administrator »

Postby TOMANITY » Sat Mar 22, 2014 10:22 pm

Add wrote:Isn't this just an equator + reel in?

Yes it is...
TOMANITY

Postby TehTitanKilla » Sat Mar 22, 2014 10:55 pm

TOMANITY wrote:Ok i'll say that if you hook the front of the titan it's a clock strike and if you hook the nape it's an l cut

no it's reversed L cut does front neck and clock strike does nape hook (and you did the "L" cut in most parts of the vid
Last edited by TehTitanKilla on Sat Mar 29, 2014 12:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TehTitanKilla

Postby TehTitanKilla » Sun Mar 23, 2014 2:31 pm

Xedma wrote:
TehTitanKilla wrote:Hey what you did from https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=p ... NiSIY#t=15 to 0:17 is what I meant by "L" cut except hooking at the front middle of the neck so whoever watches this part of the vid I'd thank TOMANITY for showing how it looks like :D

oooooh. That's what you meant. Yeah that is a bit unique. Your L Cut and my Spiral Strike are very similar, only you do a fly-by rather than an overdrive.

Thanks for explaining it a bit simpler :D

TOMANITY wrote:Really? But i thought vector alter also re-hooked.

Oh TOMANITY, that thing you did at the first kill was basically the DFA (Death From Above) the opposite way (Death From Below) with the Hydra Cut movements. It's what I do except without bumping into the titan. :D
TehTitanKilla

Next

Return to Tutorials