Game mechanic: Doublereeling

Place tutorials of any kind here. 〆(・∀・@)
- Accelevi
Forum rules
Forget-me-not.

Game mechanic: Doublereeling

Postby Noodler » Sun Mar 23, 2014 9:39 pm

Zarythe asked me how the hell I was reeling twice, which made me make this :)
Noodler

Re: Game mechanic: Doublereeling

Postby Accelevi » Sun Mar 23, 2014 9:42 pm

This is really neat. Nice video. ^^

Sig courtesy of Zarythe <3

C A D E A U X
Accelevi
« Administrator »

Postby Dead » Mon Mar 24, 2014 6:25 pm

Double Reeling is extremely neat. It isn't necessary to get a flyby with it, but you are able to achieve kills which you would normally miss when attempting other maneuvers. It's a sort of 'dead end' move, but also a 'saving move', where missing is not an option.
Dead

Postby TehTitanKilla » Mon Mar 24, 2014 11:27 pm

This is actually what the tutorial "L" cut is supposed to look like, so can I use this vid for the tutorial?
TehTitanKilla

Postby Someone Legit » Tue Mar 25, 2014 3:03 pm

Funny thing is, I only ever looked at the name and thought "Oh hey, I've done that a couple of times, maybe I should try it out again" I got this
Big picture
I still can't replicate it though :/
Anyway, this one was achieved with double-hooking and Marco (obviously). I've been thinking though. Maybe inertia chars like armin could get higher hits? I mean, you don't rely on a super fast fly-by for this, the whole thing is about "bulleting" your character in the titan's neck and attacking at the right moment.
I'll try it out with a couple of more chars, might even give some feedback.

MAJOR EDIT (this is just to prevent double-posting)
the fruit of my labours

3665 = 1442 + 1111 + 1112 (last two aren't the real ones, i simply wanted to show they were 1000+)
Is that really impressive? No. Maybe a little. Thing is, doublereeling works perfectly, but it's not really "doublereeling" - that name makes it sound a bit more refined than it actually is, in my opinion. Because, in reality, all you have to do is hook the nape and reel like a madman. At least that's what I do anyway :roll:
and it works

even with levi
Someone Legit

Postby Noodler » Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:06 pm

Typically I wait for the right moment to reel, rather than reeling like hell. That way you're also more prepared for timing your hit.

Yes, you can use this video, as long as you don't take credits for it.
Noodler

Postby TehTitanKilla » Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:59 pm

Noodler wrote:Typically I wait for the right moment to reel, rather than reeling like hell. That way you're also more prepared for timing your hit.

Yes, you can use this video, as long as you don't take credits for it.

TehTitanKilla

Postby Xedma » Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:24 pm

Noodler wrote:Yes, you can use this video, as long as you don't take credits for it.

... I made this.
No, I made this.
No, I made this.
Xedma

Postby Noodler » Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:31 pm

I meant for the video itself, not the technique (although this was just supposed to showcase the fact that you can doublereel)
Noodler

Postby harelori » Tue May 06, 2014 6:21 pm

How do I even reel in? when I use the 3rd mouse button (middle on) it barely does anything- so how do I reel in?
harelori

Next

Return to Tutorials