How to Yo-Yo Annie in any difficulty!

Place tutorials of any kind here. 〆(・∀・@)
- Accelevi
Forum rules
Forget-me-not.

How to Yo-Yo Annie in any difficulty!

Postby Xedma » Thu Mar 27, 2014 8:12 pm

Note: This requires you to have Smooth Scrolling enabled! You should have previous experience with Yo-Yo before attempting this.

It turns out Annie has a weakness. Her nape. If you hit it enough, she dies. Yo-Yo pretty much guarantees a hit to the nape if done properly. The key to doing this is to not crash into trees or Annie. This is done by precision reeling to reel in and out around trees and Correctional Hooking (in development) to maintain a steady equator while avoiding trees and Annie. As will be shown in the videos below, this technique it quite powerful, and consistent. It's very easy to frequently hit over 1000 damage using this technique making normal solo Annie child's play, and hard/abnormal become a lot more fun~

normal solo
Hard solo

skip to 3:44 for the good stuff
abnormal solo

Skip to 5:38 after Annie's first death to skip the titans.

As stated above, you should have previous experience with Yo-Yo before trying this. All the same rules apply from hook placement to gassing appropriately:

1. Place a hook properly on Annie's nape.
2. Start to Yo-Yo and gain momentum.
2.1 Use correctional hooking to switch directions or better position yourself.
2.2 Lock-on to Annie and only gas to the side you're rotating. (easy mode)
3. Wait for Annie to be finishing an attack and then reel in to strike as she is standing still. (REMINDER: You need to be in front of her so you rotate around back to Overdrive.)
4. Land on a branch, reload, and repeat.

Following these steps, you can also fight Player Titans more effectively and kill them with some rather impressive hits! Go make your friends jealous~

UNTIL A SEPARATE THREAD FOR CORRECTIONAL HOOKING IS MADE:
Correctional hooking is a technique that is designed to assist Yo-Yo. This concept comes from the fact that while one wire is always hooked to your target, the other is free to help you steady yourself, change direction, and avoid crashing more effectively than with reeling alone:
By shooting a hook up into a tree, you add support to your rotation leveling you out.
By shooting a hook down, you can stop yourself from rotating vertically and lead back to a horizontal rotation.
By shooting a hook level, you can alter your rotational velocity and change directions. Also adds acceleration!
The basic idea here is to use your second wire to keep you from crashing and having let go of your first wire. If you do crash, then as long as your first wire stays hooked, correctional hooking can get your Yo-Yo started again. Advanced correctional hooking can even help accelerate you through the forest.
Last edited by Xedma on Mon Oct 06, 2014 11:27 pm, edited 35 times in total.
Xedma

Re: How to fight Annie without ankles in any difficulty

Postby HIT0SHI » Thu Mar 27, 2014 8:20 pm

*golf clap*

I should try this later! :D
HIT0SHI

Postby Xedma » Fri Mar 28, 2014 8:22 pm

Something I should note, this technique can only be pulled off with practice.

While some techniques are considered advanced techniques, this one could be considered an expert technique. The point of this technique is to essentially bull-ride Annie before striking which is a different experience each time this is attempted. Sometimes you can get a perfect set-up, but most of the time you have to improvise reels, unreels, and gas. The key isn't to aim for a high hit, it's to aim not to crash while riding Annie.
Xedma

Postby TehTitanKilla » Fri Mar 28, 2014 10:15 pm

This is gonna take me a LOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNGGGGG time to do this, but it's what you said, PR=PE (Practice makes Perfect XD )
Oh yeah thnx for making a video of how to kill Annie REAL easily but can you make a tutorial on the Xedma Cut? (the one that kills a titan instantly at the second it lands?)
TehTitanKilla

Postby Xedma » Fri Mar 28, 2014 10:56 pm

TehTitanKilla wrote:Can you make a tutorial on the Xedma Cut? (the one that kills a titan instantly at the second it lands?)
The what? I'm not familiar with this move ...
Xedma

Postby Accelevi » Fri Mar 28, 2014 11:32 pm

> xedma cut
just wat

Sig courtesy of Zarythe <3

C A D E A U X
Accelevi
« Administrator »

Postby TehTitanKilla » Sat Mar 29, 2014 12:18 pm

Xedma wrote:
TehTitanKilla wrote:Can you make a tutorial on the Xedma Cut? (the one that kills a titan instantly at the second it lands?)
The what? I'm not familiar with this move ...

well I seen this on another's tutorial video so I thought you made this up. sorry
TehTitanKilla

Postby Xedma » Wed Apr 02, 2014 5:04 am

Update: Added solo run for abnormal
Xedma

Postby Thirdkazekage » Wed Apr 02, 2014 5:44 am

Dayum, time to move unto the Colossal now :D
Thirdkazekage

Postby Xedma » Wed Apr 02, 2014 5:56 am

Thirdkazekage wrote:Dayum, time to move unto the Colossal now :D

Enough people have already done that. Using the yellow smoke is more effective than yo-yo imho.
Xedma

Next

Return to Tutorials