101 GUIDE FOR ACCOUNT REGISTRATION

Place tutorials of any kind here. 〆(・∀・@)
- Accelevi
Forum rules
Forget-me-not.

Postby [aVc]RYO » Sun May 04, 2014 7:48 pm

===================================
*I made this on sordx's request so that he can link his youtube video's viewer to this link*

There is currently 2 way to sign up for the acount, link it to your forum account or sign up a new one from the game menu

Forum's Account
---------------------
Requirement
- Forumer must have at least 10 post count in the forum before the update was implemented (1st of May). Any account registered after the update or only reach 10 post count recently will not be added to the linked database until Feng update it again

Steps
- First, you need to click on the reset forgot button which is located below the sign up menu in the log in screen
- Enter the email you used in the forum's registration and click reset password
- If you get the message "Yous password activation key is already posted to your email, please check your email" it mean IT IS NOT SEND
- You need to make sure it says "Message has been sent to [blabla@gmail/hotmail.com]. Thank you, your password is posted to your email address, please check your mail after some time" to receive the email
- also note that Yahoo Mail WILL MOST LIKELY NOT RECEIVE THE MAIL even though you get the right message because Yahoo mark the mail as spam and filtered it from arriving to your email. (Or at least you won't receive it immediately)
- It's suspected that there is a cool down between each mail that was sent so if you don't get the right message, it wouldn't matter if you keep spamming because the cool down time is at least 24 hours long. However this is just my own assumption/ observation
- Once you got the email you will be direct to a site where you can change your password.

Signing Up a new account
--------------------------------
Requirements
- The username and email that you intended to use must not be the same as the one you used in the forum account registration or else you will get the error saying username/email is already in use

Steps
- Click on the sign up button below the sign in menu and enter the required details
- You will get an error saying "Message could not be sent. Mailer Error: SMTP. Error: Data not accepted", this is normal, every newly registered account will get this error and it means that no activation email have been send to you
- You are required to click on the forget password button and make sure you got the correct message (Message has been sent to [blabla@gmail/hotmail.com]. Thank you, your password is posted to your email address, please check your mail after some time)
- If you get "Yous password activation key is already posted to your email, please check your email" it mean IT IS NOT SEND, you need to try again tomorrow
- also note that Yahoo Mail WILL MOST LIKELY NOT RECEIVE THE MAIL even though you get the right message because Yahoo mark the mail as spam and filtered it from arriving to your email. (Or at least you won't receive it immediately)
- It's suspected that there is a cool down between each mail that was sent so if you don't get the right message, it wouldn't matter if you keep spamming because the cool down time is at least 24 hours long. However this is just my own assumption/ observation
- Once you got the email you will be direct to a site where you can change your password.

FAQ
1. When I register it says "Message could not be send. Mailer error: SMTP"
- Everyone got the same message, don't worry you are already registered, click forgot password and re-enter the email to make sure the validation email will be send to you

2. I still haven't receive my mail yet!
- If you didn't get the right message, try again in the next day until you got it. If you are using Yahoo mail, it won't arrive even though you got the right message because Yahoo marked it as spam mail

3. I tried to log in with my forum username and password but it says wrong password!
- This is because a new set of password have been sent to your pending email, it's normal. You can change it to your desired password afterwards

4. I have a forum account but it's not registered?
- According to Accelevi, you need above 10 post in forum BEFORE THE UPDATE to get registered into the database

5. I have a forum account and >10 post before the update but I'm getting the SMTP error no matter how many time I reset my password
- It seems that there's something wrong with the systems, I have yet to figure out the reason for this, I'm sorry

*DISCLAIMER: Everything here is based on my own observation and some assumption after questioning ton of people so follow it on your own risk

This is the message you wanted to see

This is not what you wanted to see
[aVc]RYO

Re: 101 GUIDE FOR ACCOUNT REGISTRATION

Postby Z.E.D » Sun May 04, 2014 10:07 pm

I've been trying since and still nothing -_-

My email is a @live.com adress
Z.E.D

Postby Accelevi » Sun May 04, 2014 10:27 pm

Ryo, hope you don't mind me quoting that post in the main announcement, so hopefully people can see.

Sig courtesy of Zarythe <3

C A D E A U X
Accelevi
« Administrator »

Postby Peanuts » Sun May 04, 2014 11:16 pm

I have a feeling those that are trapped in this bug can't get the codes as the system will always think that it has already been posted, whereas it hasn't, so it's unlikely that those trapped in the bug will ever get the codes that's what I think :?
Peanuts

Postby xanox100 » Mon May 05, 2014 4:24 am

Someone thought it'd be funny and registered my email already.
Now I'm wondering if its a bug or not.
xanox100

Postby Innti » Mon May 05, 2014 8:20 am

xanox100 wrote:Someone thought it'd be funny and registered my email already.
Now I'm wondering if its a bug or not.

You had a forum account. It was auto registered
Innti

Postby [aVc]RYO » Mon May 05, 2014 12:19 pm

Accelevi wrote:Ryo, hope you don't mind me quoting that post in the main announcement, so hopefully people can see.

Ya sure, go ahead
[aVc]RYO

Postby DarioEMeloD » Mon May 05, 2014 4:19 pm

No matter what I do, I always get the "already posted to your email" message, even if I try to make a new account.
DarioEMeloD

Postby Xedma » Mon May 05, 2014 4:32 pm

I have gotten my password reset email and have successfully logged into AOTTG. It's cool not being a guest~

I asked for a password reset 2 days after I tried the first time. My request went through again and I got the email immediately. In case anyone was wondering what that email is supposed to look like, here's an example:
Spoiler:
Xedma

Postby [aVc]RYO » Mon May 05, 2014 4:40 pm

DarioEMeloD wrote:No matter what I do, I always get the "already posted to your email" message, even if I try to make a new account.

Just keep trying every day
[aVc]RYO

Next

Return to Tutorials