Flash Tutorial (Ft. HGB by Zarythe)

Place tutorials of any kind here. 〆(・∀・@)
- Accelevi
Forum rules
Forget-me-not.

Flash Tutorial (Ft. HGB by Zarythe)

Postby ELIas » Wed Dec 31, 2014 11:01 pm

Yeah, I know that I have a real talent for names. :D

Anyway, before the skill itself, let's start with the basics: the HGB maneuver by Zarythe. Here's the link.
HGB Tutorial by Zarythe

Flash

Flash variations

Standard: A standard, sideways-accelerated Flash. It will look like an accelerated Air Equator if done properly.
    Straight: In the HGB phase, gas burst in the direction of the hook. Handy against small titans. It's hard to execute without a momentum loss as a side-effect, but not impossible.
    Upswing: Swings you upwards from a low position. Basically works the same as standard variation, but due to gravity, more precise timing and hook positioning are required.
    Wide Spin: Hook at a position other than a titan to create a wider/larger spin. It will probably look like Traditional Cut/Fly by.
    Double: Uses two hooks instead of one. The HGB is directed towards the first hook, which should be launched at a position somewhere behind and the side of the target. Around the momentum boost, launch the second hook and swing by the titan's nape. A precision technique great for narrow angles.
    Peregrine: The ultimate technique. Uses gravity as a boost to acceleration, and ended by an accelerated Upswing to strike the target. It's basically an accelerated Upswing and an extremely conditional technique to use. Under normal circumstances, it's really inefficient except for the fact that it looks awesome.

EDIT: As it turns out, the Momentum Gain technique has already been posted by Zarythe as the Hooked Gas Burst.

EDIT 2: Video is complete!!! XD
Last edited by ELIas on Sun May 03, 2015 3:42 am, edited 11 times in total.
ELIas

Re: Momentum Gain and The Flash

Postby Xedma » Thu Jan 01, 2015 4:53 pm

This isn't new. Check out Hooked Gas Burst by Zarythe.
Xedma

Re: Momentum Gain and The Flash

Postby ELIas » Fri Jan 02, 2015 7:05 am

I just checked it out. Thanks for telling me. ^^

I didn't see him using the HGB as an offensive technique, though. I guess I can just work on a tutorial for that. (I already started working on a video, anyway.)
ELIas

Return to Tutorials