What do you think of the current playable characters?

( ̄ε(# ̄)☆╰╮Every thing about the game.o( ̄皿 ̄///)
- Made by Feng, title edited by Accelevi

Re: What do you think of the current playable characters?

Postby Skirazi » Fri Dec 27, 2013 7:05 am

Arise7 wrote:Levi- everyone elses blade durability needs to be lowered so his passive actually has a use. Increased Reeling strength. Grab immunity while spinning. Increased cooldown

Marco- Make his special deaggro titans in Singleplayer

Armin- Make his special stun titans for much longer, at high level play his special is amazingly useless seeing you can easily kill titans in a few seconds so the only use for it would be stunning a large group of titans. However the stun duration is faaar to short for it to be put to this use. Therefore increase the cooldown to 30 seconds but make stun duration around 8 seconds.

Levi - Huh? His blade durability is awesome, I almost never have to change blades when I play with Levi on SP. Grab immunity while spinning is just OP, shouldn't be added unless finger hitboxes are added as well, so that to some extent all characters could do it.

Marco - I'd rather have the ability to select which Titans to aggro, so that if there's a big group in SP I can take them on one by one. De-aggroing titans would be better off as a special on its own.

Armin - good idea. but 8 seconds is faaaar too long of a stun. Blinds, which require a certain amount of risk, have far too short of a duration IMO, and 8 seconds for a risk-less special is just OP.

Don't play with Mikasa, Sasha and Petra enough to know what's best for their specials, but all of what you've suggested sounds good so I'm not going to offer changes. Changes to Eren would be good, it would require using the special before they got grabbed, which is good because pro-active play is better than reactive play. It provides a far more engaging experience, and it makes playing as Eren a little harder too; this hardness is countered by the fact he gets to be a freakin' Titan.
Skirazi

Postby TataBlitz » Fri Dec 27, 2013 7:07 am

what do you mean by instant activation for mikasa? Her special currently is dropping down to kill, but instant activation means you have to be right on nape? Won't a normal attack suffice then, then what is the point of her special, I'm not bashing, but I'm honestly confused by what you mean by it.
TataBlitz

Postby Arise7 » Fri Dec 27, 2013 7:24 am

By instant activation, i mean she travels downward instantly. Currently for 0.5 seconds she just floats in the air. Her special should instantly go down instead of stopping and then going down. As far as my suggestion for Armin 8 seconds is good in SP but would be overpowered in multiplayer. So make it so that his special does 5 seconds stun. This is balanced by the fact that his stun can only be used at a distance of 50 meters, and the titan has to be facing him. As well as the cooldown increase to 30 seconds i suggested and his long cast time.

In regards to levi's blade durability. I find it primarily useless but maybe thats only me. In singleplayer I only ever have to change my blades once. In multiplayer at the most twice before i run out of gas unless im using Jean. Personally i never find having to reload that much of a hassle so the fact that Levi doesn't need to do it seems like a useless perk to me.

(I just tested Sasha's special and it turns out you can match her potato speed by just using gas and hooking onto ground. She definitely needs some kind of buff.)
Arise7

Postby Rumboozle » Fri Dec 27, 2013 8:08 am

My main would have to be Marco, because of the taunt ability.
I like to be a team player, and it's helpful to give teammates some slack from titan aggro. More helpful than trying to go on a nape-slicing frenzy, and possibly ruining a teammate's attack. I'm sure we've all been killed due to a teammate's overzealous assaults once or twice.
I still play him on single player as well. His special doesn't come in handy as much for me, except when I want to ride a crawler. Which is all the time.

Plus he's the tallest character so far. :3

Spoiler:
On the downside, sometimes I seem to die with no explanation as to how. But that is the curse of Marco.
Rumboozle

Postby hsin75 » Fri Dec 27, 2013 8:45 am

His Taunt ability is awesome but it depends on my mood on how I use Marco.
Happy: Lures titans away from people and let them kill it
Not so happy: Steals kills..like all of them....
hsin75

Postby Annie Leonhardt » Fri Dec 27, 2013 11:58 am

Marco's taunt ability is most useful if you try to practice the sparrow cut (or what was the name I forgot again) or if you know that you get 3/4 of titans with that and you just taunt them so you can easily kill them.
Annie Leonhardt

Postby Accelevi » Fri Dec 27, 2013 6:12 pm

Everything seems good, and the 5s stun thing works fine.

Sig courtesy of Zarythe <3

C A D E A U X
Accelevi
« Administrator »

Postby Annie_Leonheart<3 » Sun Jan 26, 2014 5:01 am

i'm a sasha player myself, ZOOOOOM!
i'm trying out petra now, to get a feel for how others work

and like mysterious.....i'm waiting for you guys to give us Annie
Annie_Leonheart<3

Postby Accelevi » Sun Jan 26, 2014 6:11 pm

I'm trying out every character at the moment, just because.
Adaptability and all.

Sig courtesy of Zarythe <3

C A D E A U X
Accelevi
« Administrator »

Postby Senpai » Sun Jan 26, 2014 7:00 pm

haha

it feels trippy playing armin for a while, then levi, and vice versa.
Senpai

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion