What do you think of the current playable characters?

( ̄ε(# ̄)☆╰╮Every thing about the game.o( ̄皿 ̄///)
- Made by Feng, title edited by Accelevi

Re: What do you think of the current playable characters?

Postby Zinrius » Tue Jan 28, 2014 1:02 am

Cookie_Dynamics wrote:
Khally wrote:
Cookie_Dynamics wrote:JEAN - Why is Jean's special " cut titan's hand to go free" ? I'd figure Reiner would be the one to have this ability. (Which, I realize, isn't playable yet - but still, it's just a curiosity... Why does Jean have this special? Is it from way ahead in the Manga? )

A titan grabs his leg once and he slashes himself free. Honestly, I'd remove that special from Jean. As it is, his by far the best character. Even without the escape, he would still be, most likely.

Weird... I don't have a drop of remembrance of that scene. Alzheimer's is probably hitting me early on already.

I don't have an opinion about Jean's special... but like you said, he definitely is the best character. The lobbies in the public servers are filled with Jeans.

This is a legit screenshot of the lobby of my last play on Forest III...

Spoiler:

Jeans...Jeans everywhere.

Here's where Jeans special came from, You'll see it at 1:00.

http://youtu.be/oV33AoljO-c
Zinrius

Postby Cookie_Dynamics » Tue Jan 28, 2014 1:14 am

Zinrius wrote:
Spoiler:
Cookie_Dynamics wrote:
Khally wrote:A titan grabs his leg once and he slashes himself free. Honestly, I'd remove that special from Jean. As it is, his by far the best character. Even without the escape, he would still be, most likely.

Weird... I don't have a drop of remembrance of that scene. Alzheimer's is probably hitting me early on already.

I don't have an opinion about Jean's special... but like you said, he definitely is the best character. The lobbies in the public servers are filled with Jeans.

This is a legit screenshot of the lobby of my last play on Forest III...

Jeans...Jeans everywhere.

Here's where Jeans special came from, You'll see it at 1:00.

http://youtu.be/oV33AoljO-c

That's really nice of you, Zinrius, to have taken your time getting the video. I appreciate that, thank you.

About the scene: The anime goes through it so naturally, I forgot about it pretty quick.

Reiner's escape, which I'm sure you all know about, seems to be much more fitting to what happens in-game.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mAKrZFfp8DY at 2:25

**This here is really spoiler for Anime watchers. DO NOT click if you only follow the story through the anime ***
Spoiler:
Though I realize it was staged, he still performed the move.

I also can understand why they would prefer to put the Armored Titan Form as Reiner's special attack...
Cookie_Dynamics

Postby Zinrius » Tue Jan 28, 2014 1:42 am

Cookie_Dynamics wrote:
That's really nice of you, Zinrius, to have taken your time getting the video. I appreciate that, thank you.

About the scene: The anime goes through it so naturally, I forgot about it pretty quick.

Reiner's escape, which I'm sure you all know about, seems to be much more fitting to what happens in-game.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mAKrZFfp8DY at 2:25

**This here is really spoiler for Anime watchers. DO NOT click if you only follow the story through the anime ***
Spoiler:
Though I realize it was staged, he still performed the move.

I also can understand why they would prefer to put the Armored Titan Form as Reiner's special attack...

You're very welcomed.

I've forgotten all about that scene with Reiner.

Perhaps it was the varying circumstances, as mentioned in the spoiler, that lead to Jean being the legitimate owner of that move.

Thank YOU for sharing as well.
Zinrius

Postby Horseface » Tue Jan 28, 2014 3:41 pm

I dont know if this was asked before, but, since people always say that Jean has longest blade length...shouldnt Marco's blades be even longer? These lengths seem to be based on character height afterall, and Marco is 178cm tall, whereas jean is just 175cm.
Did anyone already check that in Multiplayer? Like, standing next to each other to compare blades?
Horseface

Postby Chugleader » Tue Jan 28, 2014 4:10 pm

Jean's blades are the longest.
BTW I'm just guessing, but Jean is probably your favorite character. Thought that because of your name...
Chugleader

Postby Horseface » Tue Jan 28, 2014 4:20 pm

Chugleader wrote:BTW I'm just guessing, but Jean is probably your favorite character. Thought that because of your name...

Well deduced :D I always thought that he was kinda the only one with obvious character development in the manga/anime.
And I can tell that your favorite character is Levi. >:) (Impressive heh? :D )
Anyway, i might switch to another character ingame. Jean gets..too easy :S
Horseface

Postby Annie Leonhardt » Tue Jan 28, 2014 4:44 pm

Jean's escape at 1:00 was pure luck, because he only got grabbed by the leg by a small titan, if he would get grabbed by a big titan with a full grab (like ingame) he couldn't escape.
For Reiner, you have to read manga to get it.
Annie Leonhardt

Postby Ghosthunter » Tue Jan 28, 2014 8:28 pm

Horseface wrote:I dont know if this was asked before, but, since people always say that Jean has longest blade length...shouldnt Marco's blades be even longer? These lengths seem to be based on character height afterall, and Marco is 178cm tall, whereas jean is just 175cm.
Did anyone already check that in Multiplayer? Like, standing next to each other to compare blades?

Feng made Jean's model larger than Marco's in the game.
Ghosthunter

Postby Accelevi » Wed Jan 29, 2014 12:15 am

Jean was completely lucky.
There were so many possible factors that could've gone wrong.
And Reiner didn't fully escape either.
But that's a manga spoiler.

Sig courtesy of Zarythe <3

C A D E A U X
Accelevi
« Administrator »

Postby Colopty » Wed Jan 29, 2014 12:28 am

Damnit Grumpybear, with the manga spoilers! :x :lol:
Spoiler:
ImageImage
Colopty
Forum Luminary

Formerly: Cephalopod god

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion